Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 17th September 2010, 21:22   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
If the pump owners want an increase in % of total cost, as their commission. I dont think increase in fuel price is the solution, coz even though the amount they earn would marginally increase, they would still be earning the same %, as before.

Shan2nu
Nope Not quite right, let me simplfy it down Right know its approx 2% of the invoice value and the demand is for 5% which will not happen honestly, but lets just suppose the value of the invoice is 1,00,000/Rs The current margin would be 2000rs now if its increased to 5 % of the Invoice value that would turn out to be 5000rs.

Also as on date the commision isnt on a % basis its fixed so if its on a % basis the commision keeps going up with increase in fuel prices proportionally. Hope that clarifies things.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

So what's the final verdict? Are the pumps going to follow indefinite strike from Sunday onwards or should we wait for tomorrow news? With the current fillings, I can hold nearly two weeks.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just wanted to clarify that part. I have actually stopped going to non-COCO bunks, unless I am outside the city.
A dumb question, how do you make out that it is a COCO bunk and not an agency? I may not be paying enough attention, but I simply can't make it out in my city. I would love to figure that out and avoid non-COCO bunks.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope Not quite right, let me simplfy it down Right know its approx 2% of the invoice value and the demand is for 5% which will not happen honestly, but lets just suppose the value of the invoice is 1,00,000/Rs The current margin would be 2000rs now if its increased to 5 % of the Invoice value that would turn out to be 5000rs.

Also as on date the commision isnt on a % basis its fixed so if its on a % basis the commision keeps going up with increase in fuel prices proportionally. Hope that clarifies things.
Yeah but what is the actual demand, increase in fixed price or increase in percentage? If it's the latter, then how will increasing fuel price satisfy their demand, when they will still be earning only 2% of the revised value.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 17th September 2010 at 21:36.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
A dumb question, how do you make out that it is a COCO bunk and not an agency? I may not be paying enough attention, but I simply can't make it out in my city. I would love to figure that out and avoid non-COCO bunks.
Usually they are advertised in bold outside the bunk.

I have a notch above half tank and plan to tank up after visiting the service center tomorrow. Should last me about 8-9 days.
If the strike lasts more than that - I have to siphon fuel from my dad's (at this moment going nowhere) M800
Old 18th September 2010, 00:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

You can locate Company owned pumps from the following web site

Oil Companies

Most COCOs in Gujarat are out of cities and on the highways.

Quote:
Old 18th September 2010, 01:14   #67
BHPian

Exclamation

Let them have decent margins, they must survive.

If you do a opportunity cost analysis for petrol bunks vs some other investment option (any normal business) then you would most probably conclude that the other option is better.

The more we put restrictions on their margins/profits, the more adulteration/ queues we will have to bear.

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2010 at 01:33. Reason: Please refer rule 11 in the forum rules. Thanks.
Old 18th September 2010, 02:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Yeah but what is the actual demand, increase in fixed price or increase in percentage? If it's the latter, then how will increasing fuel price satisfy their demand, when they will still be earning only 2% of the revised value.

Shan2nu
As of now the commision is fixed and to get a marginal increment they have to agitate hence to do away with the system they want a Percentage based Commision system wherby the commision is 5 % of invoice value whatever the value may be , You've got the logic the other way around the Price of the fuel will increase but not the price at which its billed to us so suppose the commision goes up from 2% to 5% If X is the amt i pay to get the tanker when the commision is 2% I would still pay X amt to get it at 5% commision as well however the govt would recover the its money by raising the Price by a 1.2 rs/Lt

Quote:
Usually when A Pump is a COCO they have a big Board to Identify it thats there initially, after time passes they usually remove it, Because as per the Ministry of Petroleum each OMC cant have more then a couple of Permanent COCO's in a city.
Old 18th September 2010, 03:37   #69
BHPian

Its that time of the year again - Fuel hike time. Whatever happend to all the money that oil cos made this year according to news reports. Now the dealers want a bigger piece of the profits pie as well. IMHO the double/triple taxation on petrol / diesel should be rationalized. The price of petrol for example varies from one state to other or infact even from one city to another - at this rate, I'll have to source all my fuel from Delhi !.
Old 18th September 2010, 16:53   #70
BHPian

The Ministry Of Petroleum Has constituted a Committe To Look into the demands and they would submit a Report after 3 Months.

The STRIKE has been called off.

Mods Kindly do the needfull and close the Thread.
Old 18th September 2010, 17:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

@B2BW - Thanks so much for providing the update. Hope this info is published in evening edition of newspapers, I'll keep looking for one & provide the source. But this is a valuable information as we were considering to drop the plans on a ride tomorrow morning.

Are there any rise in price due to this impact for now? Any idea?

Thanks again @ B2BW
Old 18th September 2010, 18:26   #72
BHPian

@ B2BW: Thats a relief, thanks for the update. I hope this stays as concrete news now.

I would be much happier if the petrol bunks get the percentage they need, without any fuss such as calling for a strike et all, instead of the tension the cars get for their routine nutrition.

cya
A
Old 18th September 2010, 18:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The Ministry Of Petroleum Has constituted a Committe To Look into the demands and they would submit a Report after 3 Months.

The STRIKE has been called off.

Mods Kindly do the needfull and close the Thread.
phew! so long for rushing and filling up the tank @ 2 PM afternoon!
Old 18th September 2010, 19:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Are there any rise in price due to this impact for now? Any idea?
Nope There isnt any Impact on prices For now, whatever the committe decides Is when there will be a Impact, none as of now.
Old 18th September 2010, 19:48   #75
Team-BHP Support

NOTE FROM TEAM-BHP SUPPORT

Thread Closed as the strike has been cancelled for now.

The Hindu : News / National : Petrol pump owners defer strike plan

Petrol Pump Owners | Defer Sep 20 Strike | Minister Murli Deora | Committee - Oneindia News
Closed Thread