Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2010, 00:49   #526
Senior - BHPian

the remaining 12 to 23.

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata12.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata13.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata14.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata15.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata16.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata17.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata18.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata19.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata20.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata21.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata22.jpg

Tata Aria : Driving Impressions. EDIT : FULL specs, features & variants on page 18-tata23.jpg
when i told my father about aria he was like "book one tomorrow".
but when i told him the features of base version, his reaction was " no climate control in 14 lack car".
i was like .
mods i know about the edit rule but due to many pic's i made two back to back posts.

Last edited by jeepster : 12th October 2010 at 00:52.
Old 12th October 2010, 00:51   #527
BHPian

There has been a lot of talk as to how the Aria is not an Innova competitor and hence the premium is justified. As far as the Aria base variant is compared to the top Innova variant, Aria scores in providing all disc brakes and an AWD whilst the Innova scores in providing alloy wheels.
According to scant reports so far, it does not match Innova's handling and braking with understeer and wheel locking evident so these two (AWD and disc brakes) are not strictly enhancements over Innova since the latter does better even in absence of the two.
IMHO, the offerings over Innova VX do not justify the 1 lac premium especially considering that Innova is priced high due to low localization content. Seems the Aria base variant was priced based on the artifical demarcation between Aria and the Safari and not based on what it costs the company.
The top end variant is my opinion is a VFM offering but unfortunately Tata has not priced the normally higher selling base variant properly.

Note from Mod : Please continue the Aria discussion in GTO's test-drive thread. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2010 at 01:21. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread