Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th December 2013, 18:04   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: *Facelifted* BMW X5 launched in India

Quote:
dealership says that the manufacturing date for registration for CBUs is the date of entry to India and in my case the dealer says it is June 2013
This might be correct , you can double check with some other dealer though . Most likely authorities consider date of clearance in Indian port as Manufacturing date , as overseas its Model Year not Manufacturing year that determines age / resale ..

All the best for your new car - enjoy

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th December 2013 at 18:16.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 18:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This might be correct , you can double check with some other dealer though .
============
All the best for your new car - enjoy
Thanks Turbanator. The dealership has agreed to certify on their letterhead that the RC will say year of manufacture to be 2013. They are also sending me the Form 20/22 from BMW which should give me date of entry i guess. Will update shortly.
asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 19:54   #48
BHPian

BMW are nicking a lot of ideas from Land Rover. I read on some website that they have copied one of their features called - Hill Descent Speed Control. Overall, the X5 is supposed to be awesome on road and equally useless off-road.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 10:06   #49
BHPian

Took delivery of the X5 on Friday..Kun Exclusive did a wonderful job of ensuring the experience was memorable. Have not registered the car yet and will do so on Jan 2nd. The car has not been invoiced yet although I have receipts for full payment from the dealer. The dealership says they will invoice only on registration date. Have an insurance cover note which says cover starts from 27th Dec. Wanted the forums advice on whether it is within the law to drive an unregistered car and will insurance cover be applicable. The car sports a 'For Registration' sticker.
asterix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote