Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th September 2010, 14:13   #166
BHPian

The interior colour scheme should hopefully be easier to maintain.

But while the facelift looks good, I think they went overboard on the size of the air intake and of course, the chrome. Well, at least it does not make you want to vomit, unlike the facelifted Verna's front end.

Looking forward to this one. Any idea on pricing?
Old 8th September 2010, 14:20   #167
BHPian

Looks like there's no change in sheet metal. Exterior changes are only in vendor-supplied stuff like lamps, bumpers etc.

This is what Maruti, Ford to do to cut "redesign" costs
Old 8th September 2010, 14:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's facelifts recently have been pathetic!!! First the Verna transform and then this !! Hope they dont spoil the look of the i20 after its facelift. The interiors are the only good thing in the facelift to me.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:23   #169
BHPian

The exterior face0lift does not suit me. The front looks over-done like Beat.

But the interiors are a very welcome change. The dark dash is what i want. Can i change my existing beige with this one? Please Hyundai?

And there looks to be a MID in place of the current Fuel/Temp gauge, and the dark dial of the speedo is another small but pleasing change.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

Headlights at the edge, French Beared type dual Air Dam,. if not for the Chrome grill, The Front somehow resembles a baby outlander (2010).

Rear is almost the same except for the new look tail light cluster and reflectors in Bumper.

Interior colour however, is a welcome change.

Overall, a okey-dokey effort. Somehow the earlier i10 was much more appealing presence than this.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:58   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The colour pictured in the 1.2 magna is carbon grey, a new shade.
There is a similar colour on the website named OYSTER GREY.
Cannot make out any remarkable difference between them.

Guess it is the same colour. So nothing new.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:16   #172
BHPian

Default Still Flimsy??

Any changes to the front PANEL MEMBER which is all plastic and really flimsy and costly to replace frequently????

WORST PART of an otherwise decent car!! Feel Cheated!
Old 9th September 2010, 17:13   #173
BHPian

Here is another picture I found online
Name:  Newi10.jpg
Views: 2763
Size:  40.3 KB
Old 9th September 2010, 18:18   #174
BHPian

Some how i dont like the face lifted Verna & now the i10. I feel some thing seems to be missing when we look at the car from front.
From the rear except the tail lamp nothing seems to have changed. Need to see the car in flesh for a definitive view.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:31   #175
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Verna facelift was more of a stop gap than a proper one. The thing is that the i20 "and i think the i10 also" are designed in Germany, Europe and when the face lift these cars they use most likely own company assets this leads to cross define/design problems.

After all first person saw some thing different in the car when he designed it.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:52   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Funny how things fall in place, even if unintentionally sometimes. Lucky you, imagine how you'd have felt if the new car got launched a week after you took delivery of the current one

totally GTO ! I must say my timing could not have been better !

Update though - the dealer is not sre about the price indication he gave me. If this VTVT engine is sweeter than the existing Kappa in terms of real world driveability i think i would not mind any price change !!

and looks like alloys are standard on the ASTA variants. Lets hope the sunroof vanishes for keeping the top of the line automatic variant price in check !

can hardly wait for the end of this month !!!
Old 9th September 2010, 19:37   #177
BHPian

I really think it will be cheaper than the existing one. Pricing is getting critical and the sales have been generally flat for i10 in the past months. Competition is giving way too many things for less.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:48   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
I really think it will be cheaper than the existing one. Pricing is getting critical and the sales have been generally flat for i10 in the past months. Competition is giving way too many things for less.

i sincerely hope for it... value for moolah aspect for the i10 will soar if it happens so. 5.75 lakh OTR pune (outside Octroi- grrrr Maharashtra!! and after discount) is on the steeper side for the outgoing car, but put in alloys, new/upgraded engine , upgraded stereo and it definitely sounds a whole lot more appealing !
Old 9th September 2010, 19:53   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Here is another picture I found online
Attachment 420968
can you send us the URL link?
Old 9th September 2010, 20:37   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post

totally GTO ! I must say my timing could not have been better !

Update though - the dealer is not sre about the price indication he gave me. If this VTVT engine is sweeter than the existing Kappa in terms of real world driveability i think i would not mind any price change !!

and looks like alloys are standard on the ASTA variants. Lets hope the sunroof vanishes for keeping the top of the line automatic variant price in check !

can hardly wait for the end of this month !!!
I would have any day traded the sunroof for alloys (though the sunroof is a fad with girls - you know what I mean!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post

i sincerely hope for it... value for moolah aspect for the i10 will soar if it happens so. 5.75 lakh OTR pune (outside Octroi- grrrr Maharashtra!! and after discount) is on the steeper side for the outgoing car, but put in alloys, new/upgraded engine , upgraded stereo and it definitely sounds a whole lot more appealing !
Put in the updated engine, alloys, lose the sunroof, and keep an option for the sound system like verna. And most importantly - keep the price rise in check. i10 should fly off the shelves.
Closed Thread