Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th September 2016, 14:49   #256
Default Re: About Autonomous / Self-Driving Cars

Been to the streets of Mountain View last week. Was on a 2 way street with no divider. Saw the left turn indicator of oncoming vehicle and became dead slow to let it. However the driver changed his mind in last moment and allowed me to continue ahead. When passing, noticed Google's self driven car was just behind that car, which had to break abruptly, and noticed in rear view mirror when the car ahead finally took left, it resumed its journey ahead. Must be pretty routine exercise for it.
kousik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 15:51   #257

I always wonder the real need for self drive cars, especially when there are already multiple alternatives available for it, such as public transport, chauffeurs and cabs.
I am not a great fan of machines doing Cognitive work in real life, moreover driving is such a pleasure if done in right conditions!
Why would anyone want to give it away 😃
Acharya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 23:21   #258
Default Re: About Autonomous / Self-Driving Cars

Ford fusion autonomous vehicle

Karthik Chandra is online now   Reply With Quote