Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2010, 11:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great. So this is the new Accent then.

But how will this sell in India. Along side the Accent / Verna. Or will it replace the Accent or Verna. I am sure abroad it will replace the Verna, since the verna is the Accent overseaas
Old 1st April 2010, 12:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

I guess Hyundai should stop selling current Accent & Verna and just sell this newbie with both Petrol & Diesel variants with good price tag & advanced features. Anyways Accent & Verna are not doing very great

Last edited by aniketi : 1st April 2010 at 12:02. Reason: correction
Old 1st April 2010, 12:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Well for one I can say, the car in the second link posted above is definitely no the new Sonata.

But as far as the Accent is concerned, I dont think it is the new Elantra as it looks different when I saw a few pics of it sometime back.

Pic of the same attached. This could quite well be the new accent. Though again, I did see another pic of the new verna, which actually looked a bit hideous. So only time will tell I guess

Attachment 319889

This is the Chinese version of the CURRENT elantra with a different front and rear end.

Link to the same car here: ????

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled1.jpg

See the side contours of this pic:

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundaielantra_2007_1024x768_wallpaper_0d.jpg

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundaielantra_2007_1024x768_wallpaper_09.jpg

Last edited by sidindica : 1st April 2010 at 12:18.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just seen the photos of new 2011 Hyundai Accent. Looks very similar to 2nd generation Honda City. Looks like Hyundai is taking seriously the growing Sedan Market in India now. Don't know when exactly it will be launched in India. Find photos & more details at :

Scoop! 2011 Hyundai Accent - Motoroids.com
Honestly speaking, I don't like the Accent 2011's Front look.Front hood looks horrible. In the First Picture I can see the Sunroof. IMO the car looks are like Chinese Cars.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:21   #35
BHPian

Oops, I think I have to reverse my words 'IMO the car looks are like Chinese Cars' after seeing this Chinese Elantra. I like the Elantra than that Accent.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Lets clear the confusion, I will try my best to do so:

The new design theme is called fluidic sculpture, but I hope that Hyundai does not end up being audi which makes its sedans look like stretched ones of each other.

This of course is the latest sonata, the first car to wear the design theme.

Name:  a 11.jpg
Views: 61587
Size:  173.1 KB

Now, coming the pics of the silver car: If you look at the rear right of the decklid, it says "verna", if my eyes are to be believed. It looks like a shrunken sonata. The left side has some Chinese font badging also, so another possibility is that could it be a China specific Sonata-type Hyundai with a slightly different front and rear end? Could be, could be not. Some Chinese market cars are often different than the world market cars.

Name:  2011_hyundai_accent_motoroids.jpg
Views: 9097
Size:  63.1 KB

Name:  2011_hyundai_accent_motoroids_2.jpg
Views: 8998
Size:  65.0 KB

Now, coming to this red car at the pic below:

Name:  2011_hyundai_accent_motoroids_3.jpg
Views: 8525
Size:  44.6 KB

This is total confusion-while the red car looks too similar to the new "verna", its size looks like an awful lot close to the entry luxury D segment sedan. is it the new verna or the next elantra? Thats where the mystery lies, and only time will tell about it. But my gut feeling says that this is the next elantra.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled1.jpg

EDIT: PS experts, can you help us out? I have placed the images of a disguised elantra and the red car side by side. Judging by the window lines and contours, is the red car he next elantra? If not, it could very well be the verna.

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 8244
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  hyundaiaccent.jpg
Views: 8514
Size:  106.5 KB

Now seeing the disguised pics below, the alloy wheels, OSRVM and window contours look similar to the silver car. But the red car?

Last edited by sidindica : 1st April 2010 at 12:40.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Honestly speaking, I don't like the Accent 2011's Front look.Front hood looks horrible. In the First Picture I can see the Sunroof. IMO the car looks are like Chinese Cars.
From the pics it looks like car is already ready with the design and ready for launch. It looks bulky, so it will be like NHC, airy & big inside the cabin. People here in India love bigger cars, so i guess it will do well in India.

Frankly, i liked the car a lot. its a mix blend of style & space, at least from pics
Old 1st April 2010, 12:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Lets clear the confusion, I will try my best to do so:

The new design theme is called fluidic sculpture, but I hope that Hyundai does not end up being audi which makes its sedans look like stretched ones of each other.

Attachment 319968

Now, coming the pics of the silver car: If you look at the rear right of the decklid, it says "verna", if my eyes are to be believed. It looks like a shrunken sonata. The left side has some Chinese font badging also, so another possibility is that could it be a China specific Sonata-type Hyundai with a slightly different front and rear end? Could be, could be not. Some Chinese market cars are often different than the world market cars.

Attachment 319969

Attachment 319970

Attachment 319971

This is total confusion-while the red car looks too similar to the new "verna", its size looks like an awful lot close to the entry luxury D segment sedan. is it the new verna or the next elantra? Thats where the mystery lies, and only time will tell about it. But my gut feeling says that this is the next elantra.

I think Hyundai is launching the same car but with different names to increase the number of cars in their showcase.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

From Pics posted by Sid, it looks like Hyundai has 3 new designs ready for each Sonata, Accent / Verna and Elantra. New design of Sonata is the best by a distance. Looks very very classy. Looks like Merc a lot. Elantra is ok & Accent looks good.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
From the pics it looks like car is already ready with the design and ready for launch. It looks bulky, so it will be like NHC, airy & big inside the cabin. People here in India love bigger cars, so i guess it will do well in India.

Frankly, i liked the car a lot. its a mix blend of style & space, at least from pics
The car will work only for long trips but not in city. As Indian people love smaller cars in city and bigger cars for long trips. That's why Hatchback cars market is increasing in India. The car in the pic looks spacious but IMO The real power will be under the hood.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:40   #41
BHPian

I think Hyundai will launch these cars in about next 3-6 months as most of their cars are not BS4 compatible hence their production will be stopped from 1st April (Today).
Old 1st April 2010, 12:56   #42
BHPian

Well, they look good. Any idea about the new engine specs for Verna?
Old 1st April 2010, 14:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the new Sonata is really amazing. Especially the interiors are out of this world for its category and Hyundai have really outdone them sleves. I have always loved the Sonata and cant wait to get my hands on this car, when it comes and if I am in the mood to spend on it ;-)

Hope they keep the design of the other clean
Old 1st April 2010, 16:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

So basically Mercs have started looking like Hyundais(new E-class's tail) and Hyundais will look like Mercs(CLS).
Old 1st April 2010, 17:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Name:  a 11.jpg
Views: 11912
Size:  237.5 KB

Name:  2011_hyundai_accent_motoroids_3.jpg
Views: 8225
Size:  70.7 KB

They are both the same car. The spotted red car in the second picture looks like an indianised version of the car in the pic above (the sonata).

If you notice the hood, grill and lights, its the same. As usual, to reduce cost, the headlights (though have the same design) have been made less sophisticated & the projectors removed.

Further, the alloys have been changed & the rear view mirrors have also been made like basic ones commonly seen on indian cars. Mostly done in order to cut costs.

So this is the new sonata which has been spied. Maybe Hyundai might market it as Elantra in the Indian market, but actually its the new sonata.

Last edited by Xehaust : 1st April 2010 at 17:13. Reason: Additional Info
Closed Thread