Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2011, 11:25   #541
RGP
BHPian

Default Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Test Drive Report : Courtesy AutoCar

Here is a first drive of the new Verna.....
Autocar show on Bloomberg UTV features first look of the Verna this weekend. Saw it this morning. Repeat shows at 12 noon, 2.30 pm and 10.30 pm today.
The commentary more or less matches what is in the articale, and the car shown is the LHD Accent from Dubai, so everything may not come into the Indian version. But it's still a good detailed look at the car.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:18   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Autocar show on Bloomberg UTV features first look of the Verna this weekend. Saw it this morning. Repeat shows at 12 noon, 2.30 pm and 10.30 pm today.
The commentary more or less matches what is in the articale, and the car shown is the LHD Accent from Dubai, so everything may not come into the Indian version. But it's still a good detailed look at the car.
Thanks RGP for sharing that. Just saw the Bloomberg UTV 12:00 noon show. Unfortunately they tested only the 1.6L petrol auto tranny. The presenter said that the steering didn't inspire confidence while cornering. That's a matter of concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
The service guy showed me the diesel variant of new verna. It was a car for testing purposes. and from the papers/stickers/labels and all it seemed to be a CBU unit to me.
Thanks buddy for sharing this info, you were lucky indeed to have a close look & get the first hand feel. Good to know that the auto tranny is available in diesel as well. Does the MT Diesel sport 16" wheels & all disc brakes?
Old 26th March 2011, 19:28   #543
Senior - BHPian

My next buy is the New Verna

I am ready to buy this in a few months. Just hope it is 9 lacs.

Will go to the dealership here tomorrow and check if they have received one yet. If yes, then I may be able to get a few snaps because it belongs to a friend.

Will watch the show tonight on Autocar.
Old 26th March 2011, 22:40   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
My next buy is the New Verna

I am ready to buy this in a few months. Just hope it is 9 lacs.
You seem to be a true Hyundai loyalist, first Accent, then Verna & now ANHV. What has made you stick to Hyundai? Moreover. Why do you want to go for the ANHV, when you have the 2008 Verna, any specific reasons?
Old 27th March 2011, 02:34   #545
BHPian

I saw the autocar show on bloomberg utv today, according to what I saw and understood. I wont say its a mind blowing car but its better than the current verna, The exterior and interior design is without a doubt better than the previous verna and to some extent better than other cars in that segment. But still hyundai has unfortunately maintained its handling issue specially above 100 kms. Couldnt get the suspension review because the test was done on UAE roads and Indian roads are obviously way different. I guess its better to wait for the launch and test it ourself also since the new fiesta will be launched soon, that will be another good option.
Old 27th March 2011, 08:07   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You seem to be a true Hyundai loyalist, first Accent, then Verna & now ANHV. What has made you stick to Hyundai? Moreover. Why do you want to go for the ANHV, when you have the 2008 Verna, any specific reasons?
Yes I am a true Hyundai Loyalist

And before the Accent we owned 4 santros (all the models ). So we have bought a total of 6 Hyundai cars in the last 11 years.

The reason is simple - not once have I spent a single rupee over the normal 6 month service and not once have we had any problems. The resale of Hyundai cars is excellent and just second to Marutis.

The verna is the best sedan with a stonker of an engine at a very good price. Its roomy, comfortable and great for quick highway dashes.

The only other sedan after the Verna is the Cruze, Laura and that is out of my budget.

At below 10 lacs ( if the price for a mid variant on road is that ! ) the new verna makes complete sense. It looks fabulous, 1.6 126 bhp diesel engine. Interiors and equipment is good. What else do you need ?

So for me the only logical upgrade is the new verna.

After driving a diesel - I have to admit to the fact that it is far better than driving a petrol - the average is great, the torque is amazing.

So there you go - my reasons for the new verna.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:08   #547
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Autocar India show last night & I'm quite disappointed with the frontal look - don't think I'll be able to live with that "wider & bigger i-10" kinda looks. Pity, 'cos the rest of the car looked interesting.
Old 27th March 2011, 10:17   #548
BHPian

I am following information about the new verna with lot of interest mainly because it offers AT with diesel, the only other diesel AT sedan being Cruze which is much more expensive. I am not too worried about handling (unless it is terrible) but have other concerns:

- low seating: I am 5'11" in height and lack of underthigh support will be a problem. From the ACI review it is not clear to me how bad this really is (I could not watch the telecast one, this is based on the review on the web site)

- Not sure how well the Hyundai diesels fare over the long term. Hyundai was not offering extended warranty for diesel version of the cars, where as petrol ones were offered extended warranty upto 5 years. I dont know if the new engines are better in this respect. I could not make any judgement from the few long term ownership reports about Verna diesel in TBHP.
Old 27th March 2011, 12:49   #549
BHPian

Friends, spoke to my SA today. He said the launch is on 14th April and the vehicles are expected to arrive by April 10th. Well, here we go again. The wait for extended again. I think it would have been a masterstroke from Hyundai if they had released the Verna RB during the middle of the world cup. It sure would have got great coverage! Really Strange timing!
Old 27th March 2011, 13:14   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Hyundai if they had released the Verna RB during the middle of the world cup. It sure would have got great coverage! Really Strange timing!
Bang in the middle of IPL season 4! And guess who has the telecast rights for IPL Season 4? Hyundai!

Autocar India seems confident we are getting the 126bhp diesel! WOW!
Old 27th March 2011, 13:59   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Bang in the middle of IPL season 4! And guess who has the telecast rights for IPL Season 4? Hyundai!

I guess IPL 4 will get Hyundai the same coverage that it should have got during world cup as well.

In some of the posts in this thread, its already mentioned that we will get both petrol engines and diesel engines. Guess that was a confirmed report too. Now coming to handling, if Hyundai didn't sort that out, i will be disappointed! Hope they will give all 4 disc brakes at least.
Old 27th March 2011, 17:36   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Well how could i forget IPL4!!! So i guess IPL4 will give it even more coverage! In India during World cup mostly matches involving India will have viewership but in case of IPL4, well, all matches will have great viewership!
Old 27th March 2011, 22:40   #553
BHPian

Lets say India reaches Final (surely) then best will be to launch the car in Wankhede since Hyundai being official sponsor of the WC. you get eyeballs of 45000 in stadia and no doubt the TRP for finals will be record.

Also surprise and better way to publicize will be gift the Car to man of series (yuvi i guess)
Old 27th March 2011, 22:40   #554
Senior - BHPian

Default Spotted::: Is it a new Hyundai Diesel Rocket?

Spotted this car this Friday near Vellore, was going to Chennai, Can;t make out head or tail of which car it is but i dont think its the i45 but it sure is a diesel as can be seen from the CRDi bading. From the looks of it, this might be a Hyundai.

Mods: Incase this car has an existing thread please merge, since i did not know the car i am unable to search for a thread
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-20110326-03.27.48.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-20110326-03.28.02.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-20110326-03.28.36.jpg  

Old 27th March 2011, 22:46   #555
BHPian

Default Re: Spotted::: Is it a new Hyundai Diesel Rocket?

It definitely is a Hyundai, its the new Verna RB. The headlights are a dead giveaway.
Closed Thread