| || |
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th September 2008, 14:50||#121|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanked: 22 Times
Squeaky locks for folding rear seats, squeaks only when no one is sitting on it.
No Bottle/can holder- even the alto has one, thankfully the v3 has got it finally.
Stock tyres need to be better.
|3rd October 2008, 20:26||#122|
Join Date: Jun 2008
i think much is said about this.
1) costly spares.
2) less rear legroom
3) bottom frequently kissing speedbreakers
|12th October 2008, 19:05||#125|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 731 Times
Last edited by greenhorn : 12th October 2008 at 19:09.
|17th October 2008, 10:17||#127|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 297 Times
Ikon 1.6 Zxi (2006)
Dated interiors, pretty tacky too
Long throw gear shift is set at least one inch too far back
Lack of a dead pedal
Fragile and Tacky OVRMs
Fuel economy (I still get around 10kpl, but thats not great)
Engine could have been a little quieter at low revs
Cost of Ford spares
What. An. Engine!!
Comfortable in the front and the back
Reliable. In almost three years, the only thing that failed was the ignition coil and a couple of fog lamps.
A total HOOT to drive!
Great steering, precise and weighted
Lovely steering wheel. Nice and chunky.
Great side support on the front seats.
Swift 1.3L Diesel
NVH levels could definitely have been better. Engine is a little noisy, especially if you're used to petrol cars.
Steering wheel feels cheap and is too thin.
Massive OVRMs create a blind spot in front of them if you're looking out or down (especially while turning or parking)
Lack of a tacho in the base model. C-mon people! Charge me another 500 bucks and throw the damn tacho in!!
Body roll, even with 195/60 R15 Yokohama S-drive tyres. Not the best car for spirited cornering, compared to say, an Ikon with the same tyres.
Absolutely phenomenal to drive. The engine is torquey and is bee-oo-ti-fully geared. Turbo-surge is more addictive than crack!!
Fuel efficiency is brilliant
Looks cute as a button.
Fit and finish is fantastic.
6.5" round speaker compartments in the front! Thank God!!
And the most important thing I look for in a car... the 'X' Factor that makes a car fun to drive!!
|17th October 2008, 10:59||#128|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked: 10 Times
oh boy this is going to be big list:
1. Power windows: I made sure i preserved my power window motors and didn't let any one use them for 4 good years but it never paid off. it rolls down nicely. the problem is rolling it back up especially when the car is stationary. Very embarrassing when people look at you pushing the glass with one hand. I would say it would be better if it didn't have power windows. would save that much power for the 2nd problem.
2.Wipers: LOL @ GTO, I know exactly what you are talking about. both the blades vibrate and move at -40kmh as if its 100 years old and is having a seizure. My wife points at me and the wiper blades and laughs ridiculously every time that happens.
3. Brain cell killing rattles from the doors: I am serious one of these days i will strip off the dash board and the door panels and even the hinges (just seal the doors shut). Will get out of the car like nascar.
4. Poor Poor dampening: Ok i find the esteem quite stable and predictable at high speeds but the way it behaves when it goes through a rough patch is very disappointing. At times it sounds like the shock absorber is going to launch and tear through the bonnet. Needs better dampening capabilities.
5. Very tall ratios: I think everyone will agree on this that the esteem is tedious to drive in traffic. there is a constant need to shift between 1st and 2nd gear.
6. Rust: I took care of my car more then i cared for my self and still at 8 years there is rust everywhere and i mean everywhere. I guess the paint is holding the car together.
7. RPm shooting up: Ok i don't know whether this is common but. when ever the car is cold lets say even for a couple of hours. when i start it up the rpm slowly rises up till 1500-1700rpm and never comes down. I have to wait till it warms up and then shut it down and start it up again and then the idle is normal. Got it checked a couple of times but thats the way it is. I am used to it now.
In spite of all these niggling problems, its a fantastic car and no other car comes close to what it delivers. I will hand it down to my kids one day and never sell it.
The corolla is by far the toughest car i have seen. We have tried to break this car at numerous occasions and nothing happens to it. No squeaks, no rattles, no suspension trouble absolutely nothing, i actually think its bullet proof. BUTT one little thing -
The Power Steering: If any one drives my corolla i can challenge that you would think my car doesnt have power steering. I understand its hydraulic and is suppose to be a little heavier compared to EPS. But this is ridiculous. After driving for about 100kms in 1 day, i actually have to spray some volini on my arms and take a combiflam before going to sleep.
Absolutely nothing! At 11 years this car has not given me any problems at all. Flawless. No wonder honda is having trouble to beat the bench mark it set back in 1998. (If i have to point something wrong, the rear suspension setup acts funny under extreme driving)
1. Low end: Poor low end torque. My esteem responds quicker then this vtec below 2000rpm. After that its a monster.
2. Ride quality: Ok there are no scary noises for the shock absorbers and also there is a solid thud but you keep feeling each and every little thing on the road. Ride could have been better.
3. Poor Built quality: at 2 years i did not expect this from honda. there is no damage on the boot lid and still it has started developing rust at a couple of places where normal people would never care to see. Right next to the rear number plate lighting. Also there are noises from the strut when the car is stationary and you turn the steering wheel. There are rattles from the dash board and the factory fitted HU. Also at low speeds in 3rd and 2nd when you press the accelerator there are violent jerks (like in the ohc vtec even worse). I actually have to take my foot off the gas.
4. Road dynamics: Lets face it giving the nhc 100hp with the suspension setup it has was not the greatest of ideas. If some 16 yr kid would drive this car like an esteem or accent, someone could actually get killed. The tail pops out without any warning, unpredictable under steer as well as over steer and tires locking up (non abs version) on the slightest of pressure.(tried with Goodyear eagles as well as potenzas)
Overall i am disappointed with my NHC Vtec and am preparing a file with photos videos and detailed bills and reports to be sent to Honda Siel Cars.
Last edited by JRD : 17th October 2008 at 11:01.
|21st October 2008, 18:36||#129|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
I like my Indigo Marina. gives me abt 17 to 18 KMPL with AC (I dont drive, My Topline driver wife does, also the best I have known for long). Its a Diesel. I hate TATA cars for the build quality and a lot of things but I like the Marina for its shape and comfortable ride. The rest of the TATA cars suck. Bad bumpy jerky ride and you can end up with a pain in your back.
|21st October 2008, 19:58||#130|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Thanked: 32 Times
|22nd March 2009, 18:45||#131|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Thanked: 306 Times
The vRs was my dream and I got it in July last year.
It's an amazing car apart from some small issues:
Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 22nd March 2009 at 18:56.
|23rd March 2009, 07:37||#132|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanked: 768 Times
Octavia Combi: Front seats don't have enough travel. Very Expensive Parts - nearly 33,000 for the xenon headlight (not a pair - single unit with installation)
Fiesta: Some rattles, lack of space in rear with seat fully back
Galant: Slightly harsh ride, LIGHT steering, bad FE
|24th March 2009, 07:27||#133|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanked: 0 Times
|24th March 2009, 11:39||#134|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 102 Times
Some of the likes & dislikes with my esteem:
AC - bad AC, does it really work when it gets hot
crawls with AC & heavy load in the car.
High revving & butter smooth engine.
cheap spare parts
|24th March 2009, 16:03||#135|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 83 Times
- uncomfortable front seat ( compared to Swift)
- too much engine noise in cabin !
- noisy aircon blower
- large steering wheel
- tyres look too small for wheel wells
+ great engine
+ good stability
+ solid build
+ great headlights
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Free Flow Exhausts||Lil' Giant||Modifications & Accessories||5||6th November 2007 00:05|
|Free Flow exhausts For Maruti Esteem Petrol MPFI||n_aditya||Modifications & Accessories||66||10th July 2007 14:12|
|Of Free flow exhausts and Warranties||GTO||Modifications & Accessories||39||26th December 2006 13:05|
|Back to Basics: How does a free flow work?||aalaap||Technical Stuff||4||7th November 2004 03:33|
|K&N Filter and Free flow exhaust||gbharani||Modifications & Accessories||2||19th April 2004 23:46|