Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th December 2016, 14:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Hyderabad is now in telangana, not andhra. Its better to go for a honda city, there are plenty available. As far as big sedans hyderabad hasnt got many unlike north, even if there are any for sale you wont find a good one, as people tend to be little stingy and use for almost 7-10 years or over 1 lakh kms. I m a hyderbadi too.

I am not so sure if we don't have too many big sedans but in any case one could also say Hyderabadis are practical!!!

Where is the parking space for the big sedans? A Hatch would suffice for all practical in city needs.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 14:11   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Driving a car in Hyderabad with UP number...legal obligations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
As far as big sedans hyderabad hasnt got many unlike north, even if there are any for sale you wont find a good one, as people tend to be little stingy and use for almost 7-10 years or over 1 lakh kms. I m a hyderbadi too.
Yes thats exactly the trend I am seeing online in the prices of Honda Accords.

In Mumbai you can buy a 2012 Registered car for 8-9L run 40-50k.

In Hyderabad the asking prices for a 2008-09 car run 75-90k is the same!
Foxbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 14:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I have got a job in Hyderabad and will be moving there from Mumbai in February 2017.
Welcome to Hyd!

I have a friend who has a MH registration car and he has not been stopped even once. There were close shaves, but never too serious. He is in Hyd since last 5-6 years.

At the same time, I feel it'll be something that stays on the back of your mind every time you take the car out. Some people don't think much and are much more chill. If you are fine with that, then yes - getting the car from Mumbai should be fine. You'll definitely have more options in Mumbai in the D1/D2 segment than in Hyd.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 14:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I am not so sure if we don't have too many big sedans but in any case one could also say Hyderabadis are practical!!!

Where is the parking space for the big sedans? A Hatch would suffice for all practical in city needs.

Regards
Bharath
Yeah that was a big concern for me in Mumbai but the roads in and around Electronic City, Gachibowli, Outer Ring Road etc. are pretty wide and smooth.
Old 29th December 2016, 15:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah that was a big concern for me in Mumbai but the roads in and around Electronic City, Gachibowli, Outer Ring Road etc. are pretty wide and smooth.
Welcome to Hyderabad!

Quote:
the roads in and around Electronic City
E-city is in Bangalore. You probably meant Hi-tech city.

The police were a little lenient for the past one year, before which there were regular checks conducted on the out of state vehicles esp. around hi-tech city area.

Since you have not purchased a vehicle yet, I suggest-
  1. To buy a car in Hyderabad and sell it while you are leaving. Even if you buy a car for 30% higher price, you are most certain to get the same 30% extra while you are selling.
  2. In case you plan to buy it in Mumbai, it is better to pay road tax in Hyderabad to avoid any unforeseen legal hassles. We never know, the govt. may crack down on out of state vehicles in search of tax.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 29th December 2016 at 15:16.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I have got a job in Hyderabad and will be moving there from Mumbai in February 2017.
Hi Foxbat, just wanted to check on how things are. Did you move to Hyd? Did you get a car from MH? Do keep us posted. Thanks!
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Hi Foxbat, just wanted to check on how things are. Did you move to Hyd? Did you get a car from MH? Do keep us posted. Thanks!
Yeah I did move, but its only been a few weeks. Still living in the temporary accommodation, so it will be a while until I start looking for a car.

I didn't bring a car from Mumbai since there were conflicting views whether the traffic police are strict about out of state vehicles. One Friend has never been caught on 6+ years while others say its best to pay the road tax.

Will try to get more clarity soon.
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I did move, but its only been a few weeks. Still living in the temporary accommodation, so it will be a while until I start looking for a car.

I didn't bring a car from Mumbai since there were conflicting views whether the traffic police are strict about out of state vehicles. One Friend has never been caught on 6+ years while others say its best to pay the road tax.

Ok. Once again, welcome to Hyd!

We have a very sleepy and lazy Hyd group that rarely meets . But do look out in the meets section...there might be something coming up in Mar.
Old 3rd March 2017, 15:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been driving an Odisha registered car for the past 18 months (I cover ~1k kms within city/pm). I was caught once but let go when I said I was on a temporary visit for medical reasons. From what I have observed, if you don't break rules no one bothers you here.

Two-wheelers and commercial vehicles are prime targets of the Traffic Police.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I did move
Quote:
We have a very sleepy and lazy Hyd group that rarely meets . But do look out in the meets section...there might be something coming up in Mar.
Off Topic - but there is a Hyd meet scheduled for Sun (9 Jul). Please check it out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4227511 (The 2017 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread)
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Off Topic - but there is a Hyd meet scheduled for Sun (9 Jul). Please check it out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4227511 (The 2017 Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet Thread)
Thanks for the heads up, but I am traveling July 8-20 this month.