Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd October 2010, 15:24   #16
BANNED

The complete dealership scenario is going through a change in India. Currently, FADA, the association, is strong - but for how long? It is just a question of time while commissions rise, and the direct sale over internet will then become viable, once the sales slow down soon. Then it will be like the fate of travel agents selling airline tickets.

Dealers will eventually have to become only after-sales and service providors. More and more, the initial sale can and will be done online. Soon.
malq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 11:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
B.U.Bhandari have been with Tata since long, and are known to be good in the business.
Well, 12 or 13 years with Tata for BUB. Prior to Tata dealership, they were dealers for Bajaj Tempo(now known as Force motors). BUB moved to Tata just around Indica launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Well BU Bhandari also has dealership of Mercedes.
Prior to Mercedes dealership, it was for Honda (Grand Honda). That dealership didn't last long for BUB. Maybe Honda didn't single entity to manage their 2-W & 4-W dealership in same city (although both businesses are different for Honda).

B.U. Bhandari has been tyring to move up in brands. They tried Honda, now have Mercedes. Which German would it move to? BMW already has dealer in pune, doesn't need dealer expansion. Audi too is similar state.

Which German brand needs more presence in pune? Is it VW?
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 11:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Which German brand needs more presence in pune? Is it VW?
You are absolutely right in your inferences... the manager at the Pashan Road dealership told me that it was VW and it would (re)open during the first week of December and that he would be happy to sell me a Vento at that time. (I'd gone there to TD the Tjet, which, obviously, wasn't available there)
DrunkenMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 10:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
So what if Tata Motors loses two dealers?
In this case, I suppose it's because BU Bhandari had been associated with Tata for really long (over a decade?) and if I'm not mistaken, had a formidable reputation with it's customers as well as the market in general. Losing good dealers is not in Tata's best interests, given that half the public whines about how inadequate their sales and service is.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 15:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
In this case, I suppose it's because BU Bhandari had been associated with Tata for really long (over a decade?) and if I'm not mistaken, had a formidable reputation with it's customers as well as the market in general. Losing good dealers is not in Tata's best interests, given that half the public whines about how inadequate their sales and service is.
with you flyingspur... & I, also, feel that the low service charges set by Tata (which are probably the cheapest in India) are to blame for the same, as the dealers are left with little money as profit after putting considerable efforts in cars repairs & services.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 15:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
In this case, I suppose it's because BU Bhandari had been associated with Tata for really long (over a decade?) and if I'm not mistaken, had a formidable reputation with it's customers as well as the market in general.
BU was was the only dealer in Pune with a good rep for servicing Fiats. Most of my friends in Pune with Fiats go to BU. Parts take time & it's difficult to get an appointment, but in spite of that the service was honest & good.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 12:48   #22
BHPian

Here is one more breaking news related to Dealership

Maruti Suzuki loses Millennium Motors Pune to TATA.

Millennium Motors will have 3rd December as last day as Maruti Dealer.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 18th November 2010 at 12:51.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Dealers changing loyalties is going on for years now.. Not sure why is it gaining popularity now. Maybe due to the unseen/unheard automobile sales in the last few months - IMHO !!!!

Anyways, it doesn't matter for a customer which dealer goes with which manufacturer as long as they all treat the customers with respect. One attitude that is common with most (NOT ALL) dealers is the indifferent attitude/treatment meted out to customer buying a low cost car Versus high cost. I can certainly talk for Tata and Maruti since i have owned/experienced both. I hate it when they see someone down just because he/she is buying a low end car from them.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 16:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Here is one more breaking news related to Dealership

Exactly what I was saying. Every manufacturer loses a dealer or two once in a while. So why so much discussion only on Tata's loss?
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 21:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Tata motors formally announced couple of days back about closure of BU Bhandari Auto Pvt. Ltd. as Tata motors dealer. Ironically, same newspaper contains Fiat advt. mentioning BUB as one of the sales & support center in Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Actually, MSIL had stopped mentioning Millennium motors as their dealer long time back, they might have officially announced it now.
Check related post, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1784009 (Dealer accused Mercedes of forgery. Top Merc executives apply for bail)

It would be interesting to see how Tata motors handles sales & support for Fiat in pune now. Historically, Tata used to let their dealer handle Fiat vehicles only after few years (case in point : former dealer Pratham motors in pune was dealer for Tata only).
Will Tata flex that rule/tradition to make way for better Fiat A.S.S. in pune? Affinity of Pandit automobiles towards Fiat vehicles (sales & support) is well known.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 21:52   #26
BHPian

2 Pune based dealers leave Indian manufacturers in fairly quick succession. This is shocking. Guess both Millenium and BUB have signed up with VW! The Germans are invading our lands me lads!!
This is just the beginnning I feel, many more dealers across the nation will switch over to VW/Nissan et all.
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 22:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Affinity of Pandit automobiles towards Fiat vehicles (sales & support) is well known.
Sorry - not sure if this is a statement with sarcasm! I have seen (my cousin) that Pandit did not treat them well when he went to them for buying a GP.
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 22:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
... 2 new dealers are coming up in Pune for TATA-FIAT and 1 service only station...
Some "Acumen Motors" have started sending me SMSes claiming they are newest TASS in Bavdhan and inviting my Safari for service. Are these guys same as ex Skoda (VW family) dealers in city?

-BJ
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 10:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Some "Acumen Motors" have started sending me SMSes claiming they are newest TASS in Bavdhan and inviting my Safari for service. Are these guys same as ex Skoda (VW family) dealers in city?

-BJ
yes , you are right..

"Acumen Motors" is the same ex Skoda dealer in pune.
if i am not wrong..their show room was at baner road(near MORE outlet).

Last edited by KALINGA : 19th November 2010 at 10:14.
KALINGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 13:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

-BJ
Well One is Millenium motors. I knew it since Oct but then I did not disclose it but now it is out already. The Bavdhan service only station is run by Agrawal, I guess (According to my info). I am not sure if Acumen is run by this family or not.

There is another dealer coming up in Bibwewadi (Satara road) area. I am not aware of the name of this dealer though.

Looking at Millenium motors info and service center in Bavdhan, I guess my source of info was quite accurate.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote