|View Poll Results: How would you spend your 30 lakhs?|
|Brand new C Class, 3 Series or A4||58||17.26%|
|Pre-worshipped E Class, 5 Series or A6||36||10.71%|
|An assortment of cars and / or bikes||214||63.69%|
|Other (please specify in your post)||28||8.33%|
|Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll|
| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th October 2010, 16:57||#121|
Join Date: May 2010
Thanked: 9 Times
A fully loaded Honda Jazz, and a worshipped OHC VTEC (something along the lines of what GTO had). Invest the rest in a house so that I've a parking space for more than one car, and use the rest of the money I've left for the maintenance and upgrade costs for the two. I guess I'd love to give the Cruze a try too, but that would push the budget over 30... but, when I can afford a garage worth 30L, just wonder about the amount of loan I'd be eligible for...
Last edited by kanuj : 27th October 2010 at 17:06.
|27th October 2010, 23:57||#122|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Thanked: 265 Times
Although I Voted for New BMW 3 series. But surely a cocktail of cars is definitely more sensible.
1) Ford Figo 1.4D (mid Variant) - For short trips nearby,Family. (5L)
2) Vento Diesel Highline + Powerbox +16" (10L+1=11L) Just for me. Regular use.
3) Laura 1.8 TSi 6speed manual. (14L) Only when the Mood Kicks.
|28th October 2010, 00:00||#123|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanked: 23 Times
This is a bit unconventional,but I would go and get a pre-worshipped 1998 Jaguar XKR.
I genuinely love that thing and I would die of happiness if I could buy one...
|28th October 2010, 10:30||#124|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanked: 9,033 Times
I would pick either of them, in order of preference.
Last edited by .anshuman : 28th October 2010 at 10:32.
|28th October 2010, 10:55||#125|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked: 1,084 Times
An assortment would be good:
1) A Pre worshipped Skoda RS- 5 Lacs
2) Brand New Fiat Linea MJD - 9 Lacs
3) Kawasaki Ninja New - 3 Lacs
4) Tata Safari - 8 Lacs
5) TVS Apache RTR 180 - 0.8 Lacs
Balance on Maintenance and Fuel bills.
I would prefer a mix and match of cars from all sectors--Sedans(Prefer them over Hatch), SUV and a good powerful Bike for long drives. The RTR for short local trips.
|28th October 2010, 11:10||#126|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Thanked: 36 Times
My 2 bits worth....
Thanks for this opportunity to visit dreamland.... My garage would be:
1. Honda Unicorn (for daily use) - Rs. 65,000
2. Yamaha RD 350 modified as a cafe racer - (Rs. 2,00,00 approx)
3. Ducati GT 1000 - Rs. 12,00,000
4. Honda Civic 1.8 iVtec - Rs. 15,00,000
....now to get back to work....
|28th October 2010, 14:15||#128|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thanked: 54 Times
By Chance I already have the same Garage:
1 Brand new Corolla Altis: ~ 14 Lakhs
Second Hand Grand Vitara AT ~ 8 Lakhs
One MM 55O XDP ~ 3 Lakhs
That makes 25 Lakhs
Now with another 5 lakhs remaining I'd like
a good Second hand Wagon R for 2-3 Lakhs
And a Gypsy 4x4 Mpfi for ~ Rs 3 lakhs.
EDIT: and last if I save 5O thousand then a good second hand black Bullet bike
Last edited by Ym-enjn : 28th October 2010 at 14:20.
|28th October 2010, 14:44||#129|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune, Mumbai
Thanked: 15 Times
30 lakhs, hmmm.........
1. i have got to have the superb dsg (pre owned) - 2009 model (15lakhs).
2. pre owned civic MT (6 lakhs). then mod it with all the goodies (4 lakhs)
3. pre owned litre superbike(5 lakhs - probably have to wait another 3 years before it fits the expected price).
Most importantly, somebody tell me from where am i going to get that 30 lakhs. damn these dreams.....so close, yet so far.
|28th October 2010, 14:57||#130|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanked: 44 Times
I choose C. My mix will be:
1. Royal Enfield C500 - 1.5 lakhs
2. Used Accord - 6-8 lakhs
3. Tata Safari 4x4 - 12 lakhs
4. Swift -5 lakhs
rest of the money for accessories and maintenance
|28th October 2010, 16:44||#131|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanked: 8 Times
1. Pre-worshipped Laura 1.8 TSI (For Sunday mornings)
2. Pre-worshipped X-Trail (For mile munching)
3. i10 Auto (For wifey)
Retain my STD350 and start restoring the Pearl Yamaha
Take 500D Volvo to work (Those who commute on ORR daily will know what a bliss this option would be)
|28th October 2010, 16:49||#132|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked: 5 Times
First of all thanks to the moderator for such a nice thread to start.
In a 30 L budget i would like to have the
1) The hottest hatchback possible - So that even easy to move in traffic with attention, power & style.
2) Would like to have a Jeep originally restored but slightly modified for practical use.
3) A 500cc/600cc+ Sports bike for commuting in free-revving mood.
4) A Type 2 Honda City modified as Jitu Suri has i would envy that.
or a massive SUV to conquer both on road & off road fun.
This would be an ideal 30L garage BTW have procured item 1 & 2 waiting-searching for a suitable item 3 & 4 also.
|28th October 2010, 17:33||#133|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 50 Times
My choice would be
Used BMW 320d
New Honda Jazz (8L)
Royal Enfield Classic 500 (1.5L)
Upcoming Honda CBR250R (2L)
|28th October 2010, 18:13||#135|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Thanked: 118 Times
What is the world is a pre-worshiped car ?
Its not an term I've seen in the industry.
Anyway here is my list.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The 20 lakh rupee Game-Changers!||GTO||The Indian Car Scene||104||7th November 2011 12:23|
|10 Lakh Rupee Deal Breakers||aseem||The Indian Car Scene||15||17th May 2010 14:17|
|1.5 lakh rupee car, now from Kandaa motors||tsk1979||The Indian Car Scene||7||10th January 2006 07:14|
|40-50 lakh rupee options||Revvmaster||The Indian Car Scene||23||16th November 2004 04:32|