Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th August 2011, 20:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Renault Koleos

Try checking out The Palar Challenge in 4x4 section you will get your reply But how much of that this vehicle drove, i have no idea. The place or rather the general area where picture was shot was moderate for a 4x4 vehicle i would say.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:05   #32
Team-BHP Support

With those looks, and pitted against the Fortuner and the likes, the Koleos surely knows where it would stand on the sales charts.
Old 15th August 2011, 21:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Some videos on You Tube show that the Koleos is a fairly capable 4x4. Though it may not be a hard core off-roader, but it seems to handle the basics well. I do hope it comes with a MT & an option of AT. One there is choice, two it cuts on cost.

Just hope they have better alloys than what the test vehicles in India are wearing.

When the engine is off of the X-Trail, which we all know to be a good & peepy / torquey engine, half the battle is won. I hope it is priced right !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th August 2011 at 21:39.
Old 19th August 2011, 09:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

palar is in madras - a river bed sort of place somewhere around the Old Mahabalipuram - Tambaram stretch. nothing to do with Kolar.
and Palar is a hard core off road joint for jeepy things - see other threads on this forum about the Palar Challenge etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice set of pics? Does this place offer something hard for a vehicle to prove its 4x4 capacity? Atleast from the pics, it looks like even a hatchback can easily move thru.

PS:: A quick search on "Palar" reveals this place is somewhere near Kolar ?
Old 26th August 2011, 19:26   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault concludes trial production of Koleos in Chennai!

" Renault could price the manual transmission Koleos at just under 19 lakh rupees (ex-showroom). Renault will show the car at the Frankfurt Motor Show in mid-September."

Renault concludes trial production of Koleos in Chennai

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2011, 21:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

means close to 25-26 ish on road then. around the Santa Fe, Captiva, Fortuner territory.
Musing aloud I wonder whether this can be interpreted to mean a launch in India around end Sep? Possibly in this case, deliveries could begin around Oct/Nov?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault concludes trial production of Koleos in Chennai!

" Renault could price the manual transmission Koleos at just under 19 lakh rupees (ex-showroom). Renault will show the car at the Frankfurt Motor Show in mid-September."

Renault concludes trial production of Koleos in Chennai

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2011, 23:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
means close to 25-26 ish on road then. around the Santa Fe, Captiva, Fortuner territory.
Would you count Koleos as a true 4x4 or another softroader? And also in comparison to Duster.
Old 26th August 2011, 23:41   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Official website updated - Renault - KOLEOS

With this official teaser -

Name:  RenaultKoleosIndia.jpg
Views: 2315
Size:  43.7 KB
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 00:49   #39
BHPian

The New Facelifted one looks pretty decent. I think the pre facelift was just hideous. Also is it me or does this car look a lot like the previous gen Tucson sold in India by Hyundai?? The fact that this is a car made in Collaboration by Nissan-Renault and Samsung Motors for the Korean market, it does follow a lot of the previous generation Korean styling ?? Any views guys ?
Old 27th August 2011, 07:52   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Any views guys ?
I don't know how it would fare against Fortuner, but I feel,
this would an ideal challenge to Captiva. Has the exact design elements and
feature sets.
Old 27th August 2011, 09:44   #41
BHPian

technical specs and equipment list of the 2010 Koleos in UK.

Lets see what all features we get

The engine( as mentioned by Motoroids on Renault Koleos India webpage up: more details out )
does match the specs given below
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Koleos-technical-specs.jpg  

Renault Koleos-equipment.jpg  

Old 27th August 2011, 10:46   #42
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The specs look good. IMO, Koleos is fully loaded but looks like a soft roader. Not sure if it can be pitched against the bigger Fortuner.

Service Intervals is 12000 miles (19,200 kms??)
Only Driver Air bag?
Automatic Parking Brake? How does this work?

Last edited by MAS : 27th August 2011 at 10:50.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

definitely a soft roader with some reasonable off road ability. a bit like the Tucson/ Santa Fe type vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Would you count Koleos as a true 4x4 or another softroader? And also in comparison to Duster.
Old 27th August 2011, 12:48   #44
BHPian

I quite like the specs. Not too big for a city like Bangalore and with an AT in diesel. My respect for Renault went up quite a few notches when I observed Logan taxis that I take for my airport ferries doing close to 200,000 and still feel sturdy.

I feel rains in Bangalore this year have potholed nearly all roads including the new airport road. So Bangalore itself needs a soft roader
Old 27th August 2011, 13:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

the renault vehicles are strong. they are pretty popular in rural france, portugal and spain on account of country roads and general utilitarian aspect. the Logan taxis are indeed very good, very comfy and from all accounts from the taxi chaps, very reliable and solid too. im sure renault knows its strengths in terms of these aspects but they are trying very hard to get into India by building some premium and aspiration value for their brand - which is why they have come up with this top down strategy like the other European manufacturers have, such as Skoda etc.
But what they need to realize quickly is that we Indians have high expectations and want Max Value at whatever price band we are operating in. Maximum bang for the buck is the name of the game, coupled with seamless, easy, high quality after sales service. We have evolved into some of the most demanding consumers world over! All these manufacturers, including the indian ones had better realize this fact and fulfil consumer expectations properly if they want to survive into the long term!

It doesnt look like our roads and infrastructure are goiing to improve very soon, so the market for SUV type vehicles has at least another 10-12 years ahead, before coming anywhere close to reaching some kind of saturation point in this marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I quite like the specs. Not too big for a city like Bangalore and with an AT in diesel. My respect for Renault went up quite a few notches when I observed Logan taxis that I take for my airport ferries doing close to 200,000 and still feel sturdy.

I feel rains in Bangalore this year have potholed nearly all roads including the new airport road. So Bangalore itself needs a soft roader

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th August 2011 at 13:04.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread