Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th December 2005, 00:37   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i hope they launch a car at 9-10lacs cos am sure it wont sell and slowly and gradually maruti will drop its price to around 7l.for dejavu recall baleno.itwas originally pitted against the honda city and now its competing against accent,ikon etc.at that price it will surely be vfm.lke somebody else said it will sell only if they market it well and brand it is a s a swift.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2005, 19:27   #32
BHPian

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
well i hope they launch a car at 9-10lacs cos am sure it wont sell and slowly and gradually maruti will drop its price to around 7l.for dejavu recall baleno.itwas originally pitted against the honda city and now its competing against accent,ikon etc.at that price it will surely be vfm.lke somebody else said it will sell only if they market it well and brand it is a s a swift.
actually baleno was a replacement for esteem
this can be proved as it is sold in the foreign markets by suzuki under esteem's badge
and now maruti appears to be getting it right
they will not overprice any new vehicle coz maruti sells on 4major aspects price and the brand maruti the resale and the top quality service
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2005, 20:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

You forget that the Esteem was sold as the Swift in other countries, so the Baleno never replaced the Esteem anywhere.

This is great news, I think the parts costs should also be kept in check. And the character of the baleno retained.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2005, 22:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Default Suzuki SX-4

Excerpt from The Hindu,

" Moreover the car should be on Indian roads by late 2006. And will battle against the Ford Fusion."

Read more here,

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/12/12/s...1200080200.htm

I feel that the Car looks very good,hope it makes to our shores!
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2005, 08:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

I dont like it very much, it looks like an aftermarket car. Too dressed up. But I guess that is what people will dig at that price.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2005, 21:33   #36
BHPian

about that suzuki aerio linky steeroid posted....

its a reasonably good looking car....interestingly it doesn't have that typical suzuki look....can't put a finger on what design element it exactly is...but it reminds me of a ford. maybe its the grill and headlamp design.
hell_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2005, 22:13   #37
BHPian

someone mentioned the ford focus and the civic. Are they being launched in india?
idnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 08:46   #38
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone even read the article? I see people shooting left right and center abou the models suzuki may bring to India. If you read the article you will see that this model is not in production yet and is currently under development by a team of Indian and Jap engineers
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 13:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

a image makeover is not that difficult, its just capturing a persons imagination. if a TRUCK manufacturer can do considerably well in the small and mid sized segment (tata) than, a maruti doing good in a luxry segment is difinately possible.
they might have to do somethi8ng like, launching a individual brand like the "infinity', u know. . .making`a individual brand" coz more than the 'small car' problme, maruti is stuck with ' seen everywhere and every one has a maruti' problem. you have no exclusivity . . . i mean NO exclusivity if you buy a maruti. and thts y when the zen carbon (3 door) was launched, it did really well coz tht was pretty much the first really exclusive maruti.
a parallel can be drawn between maruti and titan, both the brands have mass appeal, and titan some time before was stuck with 'old and outdated ' image. but by revamping theri products and aggresive marketing. they did well.
the same has to be done by maruti, they need to build some kind off exclusivity, and that INDIVIDUAL brand should have some aspirational feel.

all this said, the vehicle SHOULD be a good one, it should perofrm well or any kind off marketing will not help.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 14:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
If you read the article you will see that this model is not in production yet and is currently under development by a team of Indian and Jap engineers
Yeah, like the Fiesta was 'developed' by a team of Indian and other Ford engineers, I guess. Fat chance of Suzuki developing a car just for India - do you seriously think volumes of about 10-20,000 vehicles a year (about the range for that category) will justify the development of a new car from ground up?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 15:20   #41
BHPian

May be it's world car. i think this is a same car in Thailand that Suzuki plans to launch it in 2007.
thainogkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 15:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki SX4 is on the Swift Platform. It comes with a 4x2 and a 4x4 option. It has a choice of two petrol engines, a 1.5 ltr 99 bhp and a 1.6 ltr 107/8 bhp. It also has a choice of 1.9 JTD from Fiat (120 bhp). This is a joint venture of Suzuki and Fiat. Infact, Fiat has released their version of this product called Sedici already. Suzuki is supposed to release their version in another 3-4 months or before that in the international market. But I guess this does not make a replacement for Esteem. Maybe, this can be a new category and as someone in this forum has pointed out, it can be a competetor to Ford Fusion.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 23:44   #43
BHPian

Yes,the sx4 is whole new model and not the replacement of any Maruti cars.
thainogkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 07:54   #44
Team-BHP Support

The article does not talk about a new car just for India, it talks about a new car, thats all. My intention was to point out that the model coming to India is a new one currently under development, not an old model, even if martians are developing it.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 10:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Any car Maruti launches above 8 Lac rupees will NOT sell in India.Same goes for Hyundai(maybe its above the accent for them).

One can come from Top to down(like Cheverolet is plannning to do or maybe honda and toyota will do) and not the other way around(like maruti and Hyundia are trying to do ).
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote