Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th November 2011, 23:22   #76
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: The Safari chronicles by !xobile. Make your own road.

Found this amazing video of the safari!
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:22   #77
Thumbs up Re: The Safari chronicles by !xobile. Make your own road.

Hi Sid,

Many thanks for the the wonderful tribute.

Last many years, I have driven my friend's Safari many times over on trips together and indeed it's a great car, nay a Companion! There is something about it, its safety, security and protective feeling like you are being completely surrounded by someone who will give their life to protect you and keep you safe no matter what. That well is as close as it comes to going back to Mom's arms. And indeed exactly that happened when my friend had a horrendous accident a few years back on the Safari. It literally saved his life and had walked out with just a few scratches.

I couldn't afford one so far but now I can.
But I am torn between going for the Safari and the numerous other ones that are now available with just so much better VFM - the XUV, the coming EcoSport, and whatever else. But I doubt anything will come to that feeling of the Safari. But reading this now, well, its put the Safari back in the reckoning. I really hope Tatas pull a rabbit-out-of-the-hat with the launch of the Merlin or drop the "old" Safari price by a good margin to get customers back. I at least will be willing to live with the niggles then.

And thanks for compiling all those wonderful videos.
I watched all of them and they really make me think about the rat race I am in and I don't have any answers as to Why am in it :(

Thanks again Sid,
Musa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 17:02   #78
Default Re: The Safari chronicles by !xobile. Make your own road.

Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Tata Safari - Full Throttle - YouTube

Found this amazing video of the safari!

I always find this thread a power boost for my dream SUV, Safari is the best value for money SUV I have ever seen comparing the space, looks, road presence and many more.

I just thought of posting on this thread to provoke you to add one more chapter for our all new Safari Storm which is on the way.

I am posting new add but it is incomplete without your write-up.

Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote