Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2013, 14:38   #496
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi all,

After a lot of speculation on what to buy, it's the verna AT EX DIESEL. The only hitch is about why Hyundai not giving 3 & 4 year extended warranty on the AT vehicles.
Any idea why so?
Regards
KD
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 16:48   #497
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,028
Thanked: 202 Times
Default

Have you seen the ex at ? What features does it not have in comparison to the sx. The price is a few thousand more for ex at. I am in a dilemma which one to go for.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 21:21   #498
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Have you seen the ex at ? What features does it not have in comparison to the sx. The price is a few thousand more for ex at. I am in a dilemma which one to go for.
Hi ,
Key features missed in ex are
1 : keyless start stop
2 : 6 airbags vs 2 airbags
3 : alloy wheels
4 : retractable mirrors
5 : driver seat height adjustable
6 : leather upholstery
7 : chrome handles.

200000 more on road

Your call
I decided in favour of ex
Cheers
KD
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:14   #499
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,028
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Are you sure its 2 airbags and not 1 as the ex I suppose has 1.

I have already booked a sx ( normal not optional ) manual diesel. This is the one which comes with alooys, rear discs and 2 airbags. The optional manual comes with start, 6 airbags and leather.

The ex at is a recently launched variant. I did not know it existed. It looks very tempting to go for a at for just 10 - 15k more. I will have to forfeit alloys and 1 airbag and folding orvms which i can live with.

My question is - does the ex at come with rear discs ?

When are you getting your vehicle ?
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 22:37   #500
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Are you sure its 2 airbags and not 1 as the ex I suppose has 1.

I have already booked a sx ( normal not optional ) manual diesel. This is the one which comes with alooys, rear discs and 2 airbags. The optional manual comes with start, 6 airbags and leather.

The ex at is a recently launched variant. I did not know it existed. It looks very tempting to go for a at for just 10 - 15k more. I will have to forfeit alloys and 1 airbag and folding orvms which i can live with.

My question is - does the ex at come with rear discs ?

When are you getting your vehicle ?
Hi,
I did check with the sales guy he has confirmed 2 air bags front. And disc brakes rear.
Delivery expected mid april.
Shall write my ownership review soon.
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 14:11   #501
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,066
Thanked: 2,228 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi all,

After a lot of speculation on what to buy, it's the verna AT EX DIESEL. The only hitch is about why Hyundai not giving 3 & 4 year extended warranty on the AT vehicles.
Any idea why so?
Regards
KD
If you are implying all Hyundai AT vehicles they do give it on the i10, don't know about the verna though.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 08:40   #502
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi all,

Head over heart.... Changed my booking to i10 asta AT WITH SUNROOF.
Wanted to move to sedan, but got pulled back reason 1) wife also wants to get behind wheels 2) has a sun roof (daughter is fascinated by that. 3) my stilt parking cannot fit verna.

Details post deliver.
Cheers
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 10:47   #503
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,903
Thanked: 715 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

I am a hardcore SUV guy and have had the opportunity to own a Safari, then a Scorpio and am now driving a Captiva. I also have an SX4zxi. Of late, I have had the opportunity to do some highway drives, mostly in the SX4 (in fact, about a year and a half back, i did a solo Mumbai Delhi run in the SX4 as well and prior to that did a solo Hyd Mumbai drive). This weekend, i took my Captiva for its first proper long drive- a round trip of 550 KMS.

One thing that struck me was that on ALL parameters- be it performance, passenger comfort, driving fatigue, effectiveness of climate control, maneuverability, etc, the SX4 beats the Captiva hands down! this came as a shocker to me since the Captiva is one of the better engineered cars in its segment, is very plush and comes with a cracker of an engine- but one thing that was missing on this drive was sheer driving pleasure, which the SX4 gives me every time i take it out on the highway.

Honestly, this trip was a reality check for me! More so when one considers that my SX4 is 4 years old and the cpativa is yet to complete a year!

(my wife, of course, was pleased as a punch at this since the SX4 is her daily drive!)

I'm not sure if any other sedan would have me reaching the same conclusion because the SX4 has one distinct advantage over other sedans, and that is its ability to handle bad roads. So in that respect, the one advantage a cross over has over sedans gets negated if you bring the SX4 into the picture.
himanshugoswami is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:00   #504
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi all,

Head over heart.... Changed my booking to i10 asta AT WITH SUNROOF.
Wanted to move to sedan, but got pulled back reason 1) wife also wants to get behind wheels 2) has a sun roof (daughter is fascinated by that. 3) my stilt parking cannot fit verna.

Details post deliver.
Cheers
Sorry guys...take back my words. Heart has a final say, I again changed the booking to verna purple AT ex. Hopefully mine will be the first on forum. Await the pics. Delivery expected in 7 days.

Cheers KD
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:24   #505
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,891
Thanked: 7,561 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I'm not sure if any other sedan would have me reaching the same conclusion because the SX4 has one distinct advantage over other sedans, and that is its ability to handle bad roads. So in that respect, the one advantage a cross over has over sedans gets negated if you bring the SX4 into the picture.
The other aspect that SX4 brings to table is high seating. That also adds up to lower fatigue on long drives.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:40   #506
BHPian
 
sunil8089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 195
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Simple Answer : Sedan....It matches my life style better than a SUV.
sunil8089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 07:28   #507
BHPian
 
krdeshmukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hi all,
Finally got my first sedan. I will definitely write on initial ownership review. But just to begin these are few snaps of the AT verna diesel.
The last snap show the average fuel efficiency. 15.4 kmpl on express way. Maiden ride mumbai to pune on its first day.
Attached Images
   
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 08:34   #508
BHPian
 
GunMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 115
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I'm not sure if any other sedan would have me reaching the same conclusion because the SX4 has one distinct advantage over other sedans, and that is its ability to handle bad roads. So in that respect, the one advantage a cross over has over sedans gets negated if you bring the SX4 into the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

The other aspect that SX4 brings to table is high seating. That also adds up to lower fatigue on long drives.
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but SX4 IS a cross over. Just that it is marketed as a sedan in a country that is obsessed with boot, especially when the price goes north of 6 lakhs. Internationally it competes with Subaru outback, Mitsubishi outlander, etc.
GunMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 10:40   #509
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 513
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I am a hardcore SUV guy and have had the opportunity to own a Safari, then a Scorpio and am now driving a Captiva. I also have an SX4zxi. Of late, I have had the opportunity to do some highway drives, mostly in the SX4 (in fact, about a year and a half back, i did a solo Mumbai Delhi run in the SX4 as well and prior to that did a solo Hyd Mumbai drive). This weekend, i took my Captiva for its first proper long drive- a round trip of 550 KMS.

One thing that struck me was that on ALL parameters- be it performance, passenger comfort, driving fatigue, effectiveness of climate control, maneuverability, etc, the SX4 beats the Captiva hands down! this came as a shocker to me since the Captiva is one of the better engineered cars in its segment, is very plush and comes with a cracker of an engine- but one thing that was missing on this drive was sheer driving pleasure, which the SX4 gives me every time i take it out on the highway.

Honestly, this trip was a reality check for me! More so when one considers that my SX4 is 4 years old and the cpativa is yet to complete a year!
Have you been able to drive the CRV or Grand Vitara & if yes how would you compare with the SX4?
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 12:02   #510
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,891
Thanked: 7,561 Times
Default Re: Should you buy an SUV? The definitive Sedan vs SUV debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but SX4 IS a cross over. Just that it is marketed as a sedan in a country that is obsessed with boot, especially when the price goes north of 6 lakhs. Internationally it competes with Subaru outback, Mitsubishi outlander, etc.
We look at it the way it is sold in India. World over it may be SX4 X-over which is a very good option. May be even a different suspension. If you take of the boot, the dynamics may also change for better.

But still the bottom line is; in India, you cannot sell the SX4 as a X-over. Its still a sedan. But one with can take bad roads with no issues at all!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The great Cholesterol debate: Is it good or bad for you? alpha1 Shifting gears 52 14th March 2015 21:35
A real dilemma New Big Sedan + Old SUV or New SUV + new small sedan adithyav What Car? 32 5th August 2009 07:32
Why should I buy a sedan? kkdelhi Sedans 46 29th February 2008 13:09
Definitive FE Poll venkatrx The Indian Car Scene 113 29th May 2006 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks