Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 23:16   #46
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hi buddy

I dont think thats possible which car did you book and how much of a discount did you get,front the previous posts,it seems that chennai dealers are stingy even with the accessories.
I am sure they must be thinking on why give a discount for a car which is selling well especially the diesel!
I booked a figo titanium. Getting the delivery tomorrow. I got the accessory pack+extended warranty+teflon for free. He was not ready to give any other discount on the diesel. He was ready to give many more discounts on the petrol version though.
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 23:19   #47
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
I booked a figo titanium. Getting the delivery tomorrow. I got the accessory pack+extended warranty+teflon for free. He was not ready to give any other discount on the diesel. He was ready to give many more discounts on the petrol version though.

Ok thats great.Listen,if you want the car asap,then its fine but if you can wait,then the dealer has agreed to register it in 2012. It does play a role when interms of resale.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 07:31   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Thanks Vikram..Art leather seat covers are not included for me,so the discounts comes to almost the same amount. I have been dormant on this site for a while.I would just read reviews but not post.

When are you planning to get your car registered? I wanted it done in 2012 and the dealer agreed for jan2nd.
I am waiting for my vehicle and showroom may deliver the same by 20 December 2011.

Correct me if I am wrong.Does it make any difference if you pick the vehicle on 02 January 2012 as any ways the vehicle manufacturing would be of 2011.
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 16:43   #49
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
I am waiting for my vehicle and showroom may deliver the same by 20 December 2011.

Correct me if I am wrong.Does it make any difference if you pick the vehicle on 02 January 2012 as any ways the vehicle manufacturing would be of 2011.
Vikram

I am not too sure about it either but what i have found is that non petrol heads usually ask about the registration year rather than the manufacture date.I am in the process of selling my Ikon 1.6 NXT and prospective buyers are going with the registration date.
So i am sure its better to register the car in 2012 since its just a few weeks away.In your case,it would be just 10days.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 18:07   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
So i am sure its better to register the car in 2012 since its just a few weeks away.In your case,it would be just 10days.
Though it's 10 days, I wouldn't be able to resist my self and at this point don't want to think about resale value.
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 20:57   #51
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Though it's 10 days, I wouldn't be able to resist my self and at this point don't want to think about resale value.
I didnt take into account the restless wait for the car All the best with the new ride.I am sure it will be great
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 21:52   #52
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Paid the amount on dec-4th and got the vehicle delivered today. I'm liking the no so long wait. (I had to wait for 5 months to get my bike after booking so the 3 day waiting period for my figo seems like nothing to me )

I'm still waiting for the DVD player update :P
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 03:13   #53
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Paid the amount on dec-4th and got the vehicle delivered today. I'm liking the no so long wait. (I had to wait for 5 months to get my bike after booking so the 3 day waiting period for my figo seems like nothing to me )

I'm still waiting for the DVD player update :P
Kingoftheworld

Can you please decode the vin number and let me know the date of manufacture,i have also booked for a Diamond White Figo Titanium Tdci and i would like to know how old these stocks are.
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 06:09   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Paid the amount on dec-4th and got the vehicle delivered today. I'm liking the no so long wait. (I had to wait for 5 months to get my bike after booking so the 3 day waiting period for my figo seems like nothing to me )

I'm still waiting for the DVD player update :P
Ram, once again congrats on your buy. What shall I do with a DVD player , unless and until it's a Blue-ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Kingoftheworld

Can you please decode the vin number and let me know the date of manufacture,i have also booked for a Diamond White Figo Titanium Tdci and i would like to know how old these stocks are.
Go through this thread, it has details on how to Decode the VIN number.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 22:40   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 908
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Have any of you winners actually received your gifts yet?
I'm yet to receive the pen drive from last years midnight dhamaka.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 23:42   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Have any of you winners actually received your gifts yet?
I don't think any one has received the gift. I got a sms from Ford stating that I would receive the gift within 30 days from the date of delivery.
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 16:56   #57
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
I don't think any one has received the gift. I got a sms from Ford stating that I would receive the gift within 30 days from the date of delivery.
Hi Vikram

Can you post some pics of the car especially the tilt steering option and how much of range the steering has.Also if its not too much trouble,the pics of the mats you got along with the car,weather its the carpet type or rubber mats.Does it include the boot mat as well? My Diamond white titanium diesel is expected next week and will be registered on jan2nd 2012.On some other posts,its also mentioned that the suspension has been stiffened. Have you scraped the belly anyhere? Thanks in advance
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2011, 02:09   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 8 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hi Vikram

Can you post some pics of the car especially the tilt steering option and how much of range the steering has.Also if its not too much trouble,the pics of the mats you got along with the car,weather its the carpet type or rubber mats.Does it include the boot mat as well? My Diamond white titanium diesel is expected next week and will be registered on jan2nd 2012.On some other posts,its also mentioned that the suspension has been stiffened. Have you scraped the belly anyhere? Thanks in advance
Hi Keshav,

I got carpet type mats as free from the dealer and it includes the boot mat.
Luckily till date it never scraped, even on huge speed breakers with 5 people on board
Advance congrats on your new Figo delivery.

Regards,
Vikram
vikram.vns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 05:29   #59
BHPian
 
keshav1426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

Hi Guys

I got my dvd player delivered yesterday which was through the midnight sale in Dec2011. Its panasonic with a usb option. Pleasantly surprised,I never expected it to come especially after alot of owners saying that they didnt get anything from 2010.

Has anyone received the gifts?
keshav1426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 17:40   #60
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 248 Times
Default re: Ford India's Midnight Sale on December 4th, 2011 Edit :Now on 5th December 2012"

I dint get mine yet. I'll try giving a call to the executive. :P
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP Meet @ Kabini : 5th - 6th December, 2015 RSUDARSANAN The Team-BHP Meet Section 93 25th December 2015 00:45
Booked A Midnight Black FAZER. EDIT : Delivery taken! rajchetan Motorbikes 16 23rd September 2009 21:10
Crusing The Norwegian Fjords- Land of the Midnight Sun deky Travelogues 49 22nd May 2009 20:32
A New little girl joining our family....ZEN - estilo VXI (MIDNIGHT BLACK) bglsrini Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 56 17th November 2008 22:36
Of breakdowns and midnight repairs tsk1979 Street Experiences 6 17th June 2008 23:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks