Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th December 2010, 20:54   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Now, Tata Nano with 4 year warranty as standard!

Oh yeah. Me buying too. 30K discount on this gem of a Nano. I will buy too (if there is a zero downpayment option)
VictorSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 21:12   #32
BHPian

I have spotted quite a lot Nanos in South bangalore and what i observe is Nano is preferred as a 2nd car in many families.. Not sure if people are willing to make nano as their first purchase (Alto takes that spot) but certainly it's getting attention from families who already have bigger cars.. I see these around supermarkets, Schools, shopping malls etc...
Maybe Tata should target Nano around these while marketing.. agreed that Nano was conceptualized as an alternate to 2-wheelers carrying 4-5 family members, but that hasn't been the case so far..
doesn't matter... it can be re-positioned to higher segment buyers as a 2nd Car..
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 21:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Is the 30000 off valid in other states too? That makes nano truly VFM.
ani_meher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 22:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Its Sad to Compare Tatas with other industrial groups!
I have always had Very High regards for the Tatas, and more for Late JRD and Mr. Ratan Tata. Their ethics in doing business is above board.

GTO you said "Besides being applicable on new deliveries, the warranty is also being extended to all existing owners of the car."
does this mean that I am entitled to a 4 year bumper to bumper? and I had paid a premium to get their extended warranty of I think 4 years so would I be entitled to a prorata refund of the amount?
Yes Sir, I am with you TATA must not be compared with the group which is only interested in money making hook by crook.
TATA is ages old, a century old may be or even more and not just years old nuo filthy rich group having small shopkeepers type of behaviour.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 09:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
Oh yeah. Me buying too. 30K discount on this gem of a Nano. I will buy too (if there is a zero downpayment option)
Yes. There is a zero payment option too. Don't know whether the discount applies to zero payment option also.

Murthy
gavinimurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:49   #36
BHPian

Somebody from TML is definitely reading team-BHP on a regular basis! I see advertisments on all leading newspapers for the nano with the 4year warranty everyday! hope it increases their sales, excited to look forward to december numbers for the nano!
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 07:00   #37
BHPian

In Kolkata, there is no 30k discount, and the zero downpayment option works like this, there is 100% finance on the car cost, and one has to pay the insurance and road tax, in short the downpayment is about 23-24k and the EMI for 4 yrs is Rs 4775.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 16:40   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update*

I'm losing count of the number of Nano schemes, but it's great to see a manufacturer pull out all stops for the cute li'l car's success. Here's a new one.

4 year maintenance (over and above the warranty) free-of-cost to all defense personnel who buy the Nano. Offer valid till 28th Feb, 2011.

What's your take? Will Tata offer this to civilians, even if for a limited time offer only?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 18:54   #39
BHPian

In west of Pune, I see almost 7-8 nano coming for pre-delivery fueling DAILY!
Following three may caused this
1. Spot on marketing, marketed; where it mattered
2. Various list of offers to avail
3. No fire incidents since new round of marketing started

Waiting for Jan'11 sales to see 5 digit number. Am I optimistic?
zalaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 10:41   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Zalaps 5 digits should be possible, Lets see it does not seem to optimistic. It's one car with a lot of good will going for it.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 11:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

I'm losing count of the number of Nano schemes, but it's great to see a manufacturer pull out all stops for the cute li'l car's success. Here's a new one.

4 year maintenance (over and above the warranty) free-of-cost to all defense personnel who buy the Nano. Offer valid till 28th Feb, 2011.

What's your take? Will Tata offer this to civilians, even if for a limited time offer only?
they should have done this 1.5 months ago!!

some dealers with large inventory might offer this to civilians , i think!
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 12:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
they should have done this 1.5 months ago!!
I think they had already done that at 99/- a month for all the buyers.

Last edited by rishab.k : 1st February 2011 at 12:07.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 12:53   #43
BHPian

Hello everyone,

First thing I would like to say is that I am getting fed up of the Tata Dealership(Kulathunkal) and their call center (1800-209-7979). I first called the call-center and asked them regarding the refund of the amount that i paid for the extended warranty, as now the 4 years warranty is applicable to all Nano customers, including the ones who have taken delivery before the offer. And their answer was to contact the dealership. And when i contacted the dealership, what they say is "All the amount that we get regarding the extended warranty is handed over to TATA itself, so its better to contact them"! In a way this is true. So I contacted the toll-free number again and their reply was not positive. And i do not think there is anything wrong in claiming the refund, as, even the customers who have not opted for the extended warranty earlier, are now eligible for the offer. So are we made fools? And does any one have any contact details of any senior officials of TATA motors? Other Nano owners and members of T-BHP, do share your thoughts. Thank you.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 14:00   #44
BHPian

MODS : Sorry for the back to back posts as i had contacted the customer care number a long time after posting the previous message.

Hello everyone,
I contacted the toll-free number again and they said they will not refund the amount. I asked them for any other contact details so that i can contact some official directly. But they asked me to mail to their customer care at customercare@tatamotors.com. I am attaching the mail i sent here.

The mail goes as,
//Hello,

I had purchased a Tata Nano LX on August 2010 and had opted for an extended warranty for 42 months ( 18 months standard warranty+ 24 months extended) and had paid Rs.2750 for it at the time of delivery of the vehicle. And in December i came to know that TATA has made the standard warranty 4 years/60,000 km which is applicable to all the existing customers too, that includes me. But I had opted for the extended warranty which is of no use presently. And even for the nano customers who had not opted for the extended warranty, the 4 years warranty is applicable. So in that case, what happens to the money that i paid for the extended warranty which is of no use to me? Hence, I would request you to refund the amount that i paid for the extended warranty as it is of no use to me hereafter.

And please do not ask me further to call the dealership regarding this issue, because i have contacted them and its of not much use and they requested me to contact TATA directly for further details. And adding to it, i would like you to know that i had contacted your toll-free number on 13th feb, 2011 night, and met the dealer today, 14h feb and called the toll-free number again by around 12.30PM and again at 1.00 PM and two of the calls lasted for more than 30 mins!

I do hope to get a positive feedback regarding the issue and i hope TATA does not consider us to be fools to not demand a refund of the amount. Hope someone contacts me as soon as possible. Thank you.//

Should i do anything further? Any guidance please!

Cheers!

Last edited by freakmuzik : 14th February 2011 at 14:03. Reason: Invalid attachment!
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 14:59   #45
BHPian

Asking for a refund for a product is always a little difficult. It might be easier to ask them if they would convert it into the no hassle service plan that they have advertised for 99 Rs per month. It would run you for 2 yrs atleast

Just my 2 Cents. I am in no manner saying that you should not ask for the money back or not expect it back.
sreedotk is offline   Reply With Quote