Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2010, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Default SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion on the Renault Fluence Review Thread (Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review). This discussion is closed

Saw this luxury sedan been road tested in chennai a couple of days back.

Not sure which model/company car it is.

Please change the title if the spotted car is identified.

The car looked massive and had a good road presence.
It had a digital speedometer like in the civic.
The logo of the car seemed like that of Honda, but i am not that sure of it.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2011 at 13:33. Reason: Adding link to our review
Old 11th December 2010, 09:52   #2
BHPian

Default re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

Nice Catch Visaster !

That's definitely Ford Mondeo ! Refer the below link

Ford Mondeo - The Official Home of the Ford Mondeo - Ford UK
Old 11th December 2010, 09:53   #3
BHPian

Default re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

And it seems to have done an extended road test by the looks of it, nice catch ! New model of Ford Mondeo, huh ?
Old 11th December 2010, 09:58   #4
BANNED

One of the most common cars here. And yes, pretty good value too.
Old 11th December 2010, 10:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop visaster, but that car is the Renault fluence, not the ford mondeo.
Old 11th December 2010, 10:25   #6
BHPian

Excellent scoop Visaster
Otomobil - Great find, this car seems to be exactly like the Fore Mondeo. The side profile, right side Petrol tank opener looks similar to the link.
I guess Ford is doing some serious home work in new car launch. Way to go Ford

Oops its a Renault Fluence

Last edited by camchennai : 11th December 2010 at 10:30.
Old 11th December 2010, 10:28   #7
BHPian

Yes it's Renault fluence 2010. Rear profile of both the cars is almost same.

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-new_renault_fluence_2010.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2010 at 03:15. Reason: Please read the note in your post very carefully, thanks
Old 11th December 2010, 10:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Excellent scoop Visaster
Otomobil - Great find, this car seems to be exactly like the Fore Mondeo. The side profile, right side Petrol tank opener looks similar to the link.
I guess Ford is doing some serious home work in new car launch. Way to go Ford
Camchennai @: Not only the Fuel lid, Refer the c pillar profile aswell..

I might be wrong, As sidindica said it could be renault,If you the see the pictures, The boot area where the logo is masked shows the size of logo is pretty big.. Hence the benefit of doubt.

Kudo's to our scoop master, It's Renault fluence. My bad i spilled the beans pretty quickly.

Linky :http://www.netcarshow.com/renault/20...llpaper_06.htm

Last edited by Otomobil : 11th December 2010 at 10:32.
Old 11th December 2010, 11:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well it is the Fluence, but the rear of the Mondeo looks ridiculously same!! Now who copied who?
Old 11th December 2010, 11:29   #10
BHPian

Definitely the Renault Fluence. Renault had already confirmed that they are going to launch this in 2011. Also look at the fuel tank opening lid, C-Pillar, side profile, Tail lamps in the pics. Identical to the one in the pic... Great scoop!! Already a thread on this topic I guess.

Last edited by balaji_n29 : 11th December 2010 at 11:32. Reason: Typo
Old 11th December 2010, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop there Visaster. The title of this thread needs to be changed...

But then the Fluence has no digital speedo like the Civic it seems, ref. the interior picture.

The Mondeo tail-lamp cluster looks different; so is the C-pillar, boot lid, fuel flap...
Attached Images

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th December 2010 at 11:46.
Old 11th December 2010, 11:45   #12
BHPian

That's not the Mondeo. new Mondeo which is launched in Australia and all is a killer and when it'll hit India accords and other car that segment will cry. with regard to speedometer new mondeo speedometer is on the windscreen itself and far better than civic or any other car of that segment.
from the pics it looks like renault only.
Old 11th December 2010, 11:49   #13
BHPian

Nice catch dude. However I think its a Renault and not a Ford. If you look carefully the boot lid logo has been camouflaged and that patch of cardboard or whatever it is looks fairly large and suitable enough to cover the Renault logo better. Also the tail lamps are very very close to a Fluence.
One more fact is that if memory serves me right, I think in the Auto India show in New Delhi , I remember the papers quoting Renault will be foraying into the Honda City category with a competitor more stylish than the Logan. I think they are testing waters for a launch in 2011.
Old 11th December 2010, 12:24   #14
BHPian

Default Re: SCOOP

Well i am not sure what make it is yet.
It more or less looks like the Renault thou.
I don't think they had any board covering the logo cause even the front logo and the one on the steering wheel was in the same shape.

The car looked big, nice and the digit console on the dash was a head turner.

The front profile was good to look at too.
Sorry i could not get the front profile.

Both car were driven rashly inside the city, don't know where they were heading at that speed inside the city.
The driver on the black car was revving the engine, accelerating and braking in bumper to bumper traffic.
Wonder whether he was testing how people will bash him after he bangs into the vehicle infront :-)

Over the car looked like a bigger version of maruti SX4 to my opinion
Old 11th December 2010, 14:23   #15
BHPian

Great scoop Visaster.

It is the Renault Fluence for sure but the car undergoing test in India could be the Samsung SM3 which is basically a rebadged Fluence built in Korea by Renault-Samsung. This explains the relatively larger logo.

Name:  samsung_sm3_rip_01.jpg
Views: 15372
Size:  42.5 KB

Last edited by harishnair : 11th December 2010 at 14:25.
Closed Thread