Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 22:36   #196

Re: Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvath33 View Post
I got my Nano just two days before the nano 2012 was launched
==========
My relative got a similar reply for his old nano and was asked to contact the dealer regarding the same
do remember to upgrade the seats as well
Old 24th November 2011, 22:53   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvath33 View Post
Seems Upgradation is possible

That is the best thing I have read today!
my Nano is also less than 3 months and 1500 kms old.
Please keep us posted on the procedures and costs involved!
Old 24th November 2011, 23:05   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Am not too happy about the suspension which is very bouncy (need to check that in comparison with Nano).
Dont know about that, my Nano bounces like hell.

One question, do the other Nano owners notice how harsh and unfriendly the clutch is? COuld your service guys manage to fix it?
Old 25th November 2011, 21:34   #199

you know, i'm kinda surprised. Its been almost a week since the 2012 nano's been launched, but we just have one review? that too a single page from autocar? where are our in house reviewers at tbhp?
Old 27th November 2011, 19:41   #200

another review of the nano 2012
apparently its 0-100 timing is 4 seconds quicker with the tuned engine

2012 Tata Nano driven! Another shot at glory

still waiting for a t-bhp review though....

ps- today i went for what i thought would be a 2012 model test drive, instead the sales guy came with a 2011 model lx nano.
when asked about it, he grinned sheepishly and said that the 2012 model is still awaiting registration or something. Hopefully i'll get the 2012 model TD tomorrow.

cheers
Old 27th November 2011, 21:03   #201
BHPian

I am "amazed" is the only thought that comes to my mind after taking the test drive. I requested a test drive on Tata Nano website and we were actually bombarded by test drive vehicles from both Concorde Motors and KHT Motors. Just by sheer luck, Concorde Sales rep told me that he is getting a 2012 car and he brought the old model and after he left KHT Motors executive brought home the 2012 model for test drive which let me gave plenty of time to carefully evaluate both vehicles and compare.

Tata Nano is a cute car and makes both my wife and me smile every time we see one on the road. When the Papaya Orange Nano came to our door we were just amazed how cute it looks.

For people asking about engine sound - the sound has definitely more grunt when the engine comes to life and it doesn't just makes that infamous "putter - putter" sound anymore. From the inside, the car looks better, beige seats are comfortable with extra cushioning, detachable head rests and over all better fabric. Dashboard in beige looks good and AC control switch layout has changed. In earlier model air circulation switch was a slider where as now it has a rotary switch.

Roof lining is better and doors don't feel tinny. There's still no glove box to which my wife made an interesting point saying that most ladies prefer to keep their bags on the dash and no other car has as space on top for purses and bags to remain other than nano. No glove box can anyway hold a large bag. I find merit in the argument even though it's not the safest place to hold a bag.

Nano is peppy with great pick up for city and steering in the new model is very light and I didn't feel much difference as compared to my other car WagonR in terms of maneuverability. Suspension setup is comfortable and didn't encounter any brushes with the speed breakers (same speed breakers which brush the bottom of my WagonR and Linea). It's very easy to pick up speed in a Nano and for once I didn't feel scared to do 90 kmph.

All in all great car and we are going ahead with the purchase as soon as we settle on a color - Pearl White vs. Papaya Orange.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:36   #202

how were the brakes and the clutch on the new model? and by any chance, was the name of the kht motors guy Alok?
Old 28th November 2011, 10:16   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaneaddicted View Post
how were the brakes and the clutch on the new model? and by any chance, was the name of the kht motors guy Alok?
All I can say about brakes is that they don't make you nervous. I didn't do a slam the brakes and make the sales rep nervous test but while approaching a hump at around 70 kmph, it stopped gracefully and well in time. Being a city commuter, this is all what you need!

Since I am used to driving WagonR (light clutch) and Linea (heavy clutch with long travel) on a daily basis, I was able to adjust with the clutch of Nano rather easily. But my wife took some time to come to terms with it. And she complained of long clutch travel.

Sales rep name was Nivedita. A lady sales rep for the test drive is a first for me. Way to go Tata Motors!
Old 28th November 2011, 14:33   #204
BHPian

Ohh I forgot to post here. Did a test drive on the new Nano last week. Liked what I see with the amount of money I have to pay for it.

Brakes, the road noise and heavy steering while stand still are the only things that I really don't like in this practical A to B kind of a vehicle.

I am planning to book one this week. Again, only thing to decide is the color. Am thinking of Mojito Green as its a fresh color though still not really sure.

Going to the yard tomorrow to do a pre PDI before I pay up.

Also, for all the prospective buyers - the current Nano 2012's are October 2011 manufactured. I checked a few VINs while I was at the dealership.

All in all, I feel this one seems a total value for money. I just hope this version is more reliable than the earlier version

Cheers

Last edited by sahakar : 28th November 2011 at 14:38.
Old 28th November 2011, 20:42   #205
BHPian

A friend of mine had a low 50k car-buying budget. He is also paying a DP for a flat pretty soon, hence the immediate cash crunch. He was very much keen on buying a 1999 Diesel Uno which fit that budget perfectly but we have no idea on its reliability quotient. Even my threat that he might have to spend another 40odd as maintenance within a couple of months didn't deter him. His usage is going to be ~600km/month purely for city use and there was no point in going for a Diesel. He commutes by bike and needs the car is just because his wife just had a baby girl and he doesn't want them to travel on a bike. Since the bike is a Yamaha R15 (which he loves to ride), I don't think any car within 8lac range can make him switch to a car for commuting.

So, I decided to talk some sense into him and now He likes the TaMo 25k downpayment plan for the Nano Lx. I guess now he can use the money he would have used for the Uno's maintenance for the Nano's EMI and eventually end up saving quite bit of money in the bargain even though he has to buy a Petrol car instead of the Diesel Uno. (Courtesy the Rs.99/month maintenance plan. Are those still available?)

I guess this is the exact reason Mr. Ratan Tata conceptualized the Nano. I am extremely happy that people have finally started realizing the true worth of a Nano.

Please tell me that I gave him correct advice by making him buy a Nano instead of a decade old + abused Uno / Ikon / Palio / 800AC / Jellybean-Zen which would have come in this limited budget.
Old 29th November 2011, 15:14   #206
BHPian

Well I did finally book the Nano 2012. Will have to wait for around 10 days as the color I ordered sold off just a day back and now the next ones are in transit.

Well the good part is now instead of Oct 2011 make I should get Nov 2011 make.

Shall start a new ownership thread once I get the vehicle.

Cheers
Old 29th November 2011, 15:15   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
A friend of mine had a low 50k car-buying budget. He is also paying a DP for a flat pretty soon, hence the immediate cash crunch. He was very much keen on buying a 1999 Diesel Uno which fit that budget perfectly but we have no idea on its reliability quotient. Even my threat that he might have to spend another 40odd as maintenance within a couple of months didn't deter him. His usage is going to be ~600km/month purely for city use and there was no point in going for a Diesel. He commutes by bike and needs the car is just because his wife just had a baby girl and he doesn't want them to travel on a bike. Since the bike is a Yamaha R15 (which he loves to ride), I don't think any car within 8lac range can make him switch to a car for commuting.

So, I decided to talk some sense into him and now He likes the TaMo 25k downpayment plan for the Nano Lx. I guess now he can use the money he would have used for the Uno's maintenance for the Nano's EMI and eventually end up saving quite bit of money in the bargain even though he has to buy a Petrol car instead of the Diesel Uno. (Courtesy the Rs.99/month maintenance plan. Are those still available?)

I guess this is the exact reason Mr. Ratan Tata conceptualized the Nano. I am extremely happy that people have finally started realizing the true worth of a Nano.

Please tell me that I gave him correct advice by making him buy a Nano instead of a decade old + abused Uno / Ikon / Palio / 800AC / Jellybean-Zen which would have come in this limited budget.
Yes totally it makes sense. Plus ask him to take the three year Platinum maintenance plan for 5k odd and he pretty much wont be spending a penny on the Nano for 3 years or 30k kms whatever is earlier.

Cheers
Old 29th November 2011, 15:33   #208
BHPian

@ antz.bin: You have given your friend a more practically valuable/professional consultation.

Seems nano is slowly taking off and meeting its target audience needs directly with its refresh version with low down payment finance from TATA.

Last edited by harimakesh : 29th November 2011 at 15:34.
Old 29th November 2011, 16:14   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Extremely sane advice. Now that Nano is in its new avataar as the 2012 version, it must have got rid of all the niggles dogging since its birth. Always felt that the V2 Tatas do offer great value and reliability and with improved power, mileage and comfort a new Nano is better than two of the other oldies.

Totally agree with you on the fact that except for the Marutis be it an really old 800 or old Zen which are peanuts to own and run be it of any age, rest of the other older car models would be either require heavy maintenance or paucity of parts in emergency situation even though they can be acquired at a low price.
Old 29th November 2011, 18:32   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Totally agree with you on the fact that except for the Marutis be it an really old 800 or old Zen which are peanuts to own and run be it of any age, rest of the other older car models would be either require heavy maintenance or paucity of parts in emergency situation even though they can be acquired at a low price.
Exactly due to the bold part, they are not very easy to find within a STRICT budget of 50k. In fact our own 1988 Maruti 800 is currently for sale (for below that price) but it is impossible to get a 23 year old Delhi car in Pune without re-registration and without taking the acquiring price to over 50k. Since people know this, such cars which can be registered here command a much higher price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed