Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st December 2005, 21:54   #16
BHPian

Default Aria Coupe huh!!! I think I have heard of it some where...

Aria Coupe, 140BHP huh!!! I think I have heard of it some where... The above mentioned syndrome prevails if someone is so much interested to know what happens outside the country and dont even look at the advancement happening here. That someone is me. I am disappointed.

Reaction : Prejudistic, I remember indica and the wheel alignment problem(tire chewing issue), Safari and the over weight, Sierra and estate with terrible fit and finish + panels falling off. Indigo with box shaped appearance from the back and cut copy paste appearance from the side. Dont talk about sumo.

My Thought: A car tat delivers 140 horses on to the small patch which you call the tyre requires enuff attitude.
Define Attitude : R&D, Technology, Brand name, Quality, and every possible thing that makes a car a sports car.

Does Tata have it?

Why was this whole scene created, Nah!!! Someone was comparing Aria with Tiburon. Agree, Tiburon is not the best in its class... but it aint the worst either. Tiburon, has a brand name attached to it, and considered to be a wonderful tuner car.

I respect Tata motors for their achivement in the country and internationally, but I am yet to accept them as performance oriented. They have a long way to go... I think they require a huge R&D is Vehical Dynamics and handling. Coz a performance car is sometime entirely different from a passenger car. I am no brainer... But I wouldnt jump on to a TATA performance car even if it was 5 lakhs cheaper than Hyundai. No offence to anyone.... My own view.
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2005, 22:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
you cant say the same the same for the indica which has perfect gear ratios despite the weak engine the gear ratios do their best to strech every liter to the max and give the torquey feel to the weak engine,

Even the non-turbo is good enough to overtake MPFI 800s in city (mind u they are not slow..). The first three gears are well spaced.
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 10:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but couldnt help it.
Mods please dont close this thread
Give us a hot hatch Tata - Please!!!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Dream on... Their only concrete plan of bringing out a limited edition (500 Nos.) Indica hot hatch (115 bhp Petrol) never materialsed. Anyway, 99.99999999% of the market is happy with an economical bread-and-butter hatchback.
salilpawar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 20:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again I'm begging, now that you've shown the vista sport, please, PLEASE bring it to production.
I dont care about the spoilers and the bling, but at least bring out a hatch with the go faster bits from the manza!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 22:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The TATA image is about sasta/VFM...will not gel with the ishhtyle/go-fast crowd.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote