Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th December 2010, 22:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: This Guy is certainly Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Clas

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I will make it a point to point out 'Breaks' in the forum (not to mention the wrong lose, loose, chose, choose ...)
Hi,
Careful! If you don't want to be called an elitist!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2136076 (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Default Re: This Guy is certainly Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Clas

The W211 Benz is one of the worst cars ever made by Benz. Period.

The SBC Break unit on the first batch of cars are known to fail every year. Sooner if the car spent all its time in traffic. Cost of replace is close to a lac.

Then the refreshed version came without SBC completely.

And then, they added it to the last batch of cars, apparantly after fixing the SBC issue. Has it really been fixed? Perhaps some W211 owners can chime in...
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 23:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The original w211 had issues with electronic SBS brakes. The facelifted version went back to normal brakes
Might be that after the first "FAILURE", the owner was "lured" into upgrading the crash- damaged front into FL (FAIslifted?) front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
A mix of low education & quick buck takes the consumer direct to MB showrooms, eyes closed!
Well, while I have been called many things while I had a Benz, but nobody here down South sees Benz ownership as a matter of "low education", that's a gem!
Yeldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 23:26   #19
BHPian

Mis-spells when "placed" well can really catch attention. This one has clearly done its' job twice over.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:22   #20

Dear Mods, thanks for the edit, I was hard put to find a word that would suitably reflect the owner of this car's anguish while still being appropriate for a public forum. "Peeved" is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
God, "BREAK FAILURE"?? Don't they have proper spelling classes anymore?

And, the "BRAND" is surely "SAFE". Only the passengers are not.
heheh, yeah pity the poor passengers...oh wait, I meant "rich", lol, but seriously, you don't expect something like that in a Mercedes, on a 20 year old Premier Padmini (which, actually, did happen to me once) or Amby maybe but not in a Mercedes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Well, while I have been called many things while I had a Benz, but nobody here down South sees Benz ownership as a matter of "low education", that's a gem!
err...Things are a bit different up North sir, especially in Punjab, which saw a dramatic rise in land prices about a decade ago, lots and lots of "sons-of-the-soil" came into a lot of money very suddenly. As well as rich businessmen you are almost as likely to run into a "Putt Jattan Da" driving a shiny Merc, having "aish" with his "bapu's" cash. All that cash means not having to ever see the inside of a College/School classroom, ever, for your degree... but I digress.
BluntInstrument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntInstrument View Post
Reminds one of the apocryphal story of the Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, the inventor of the Patiala Peg, who converted all Rolls Royce cars he owned into Garbage Dumpsters upon being slighted by the Rolls Royce Company.
>>> You are right - the story of the Maharaja of Patiala and Rolls-Royce is apocryphal.

I think the Raja of Bharatpur, on being slighted ( by his august standards of behaviour expected of Rolls-Royce) imported a batch of RRs and got them converted into garbage trucks. Or is this apocryphal too?

Regards, drive safe
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 12:38   #22
BHPian

Now that the picture is on Team-bhp the owner will get the right attention.
the VTEC guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 12:56   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Now that the picture is on Team-bhp the owner will get the right attention.
My sentiments exactly, I've been seeing this car regularly parked in the same position for months now, about time someone put the car and it's owner out of misery, i think...lol
O.K. that did not sound quite like I wanted it to...but you get my meaning.
BluntInstrument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt sound very much different from the phenomenon in Karnataka (especially in the surrounds of Bangalore and its outlying suburbs) between the years 2001 and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntInstrument View Post
Things are a bit different up North sir, especially in Punjab, which saw a dramatic rise in land prices about a decade ago, lots and lots of "sons-of-the-soil" came into a lot of money very suddenly. As well as rich businessmen you are almost as likely to run into a "Putt Jattan Da" driving a shiny Merc, having "aish" with his "bapu's" cash. All that cash means not having to ever see the inside of a College/School classroom, ever, for your degree... but I digress.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 13:09   #25
BHPian

anyone in the area able to approach the owner to see what the story is? i'd like to know what actually occurred and what MB told him that lead him to this action.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 16:24   #26
BHPian

A mix of low education & quick buck takes the consumer direct to MB showrooms, eyes closed![/quote]

Please do not generalize. There are Merc lovers in community who will buy only Merc's like any other make. Offcourse, Merc is not the best out there when reliability is concerned (No German matter of fact) but Merc is a Merc afterall. And not all Merc owners are uneducated or people who have made quick buck.
Nitrous Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 16:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Someone has posted a video of the same on youtube!!
Check it out.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2010 at 10:25. Reason: Adding direct link to video, so that it embeds within your post itself
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 16:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very nice way of getting noticed by the public. This restaurant has one of the maximum number of people visiting everyday - in thousands !! And most of the people stopping here are upper middle class and above. Specially NRI's from Punjab.

It's doing MBIL a lot of damage.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 16:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Doesnt sound very much different from the phenomenon in Karnataka (especially in the surrounds of Bangalore and its outlying suburbs) between the years 2001 and now.
Certainly the poor sons of soil are still poor. Its the middlemen (non-soiled sons) who have become even more richer.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 17:15   #30
BHPian

I appreciate his courage to display his priced possession with such a label. Its a befitting reply for company's which do not care for customers. Somebody should find out the sad story behind that label.
rahulrajeev is offline   Reply With Quote