Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2010, 12:23   #2326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: punjab
Posts: 213
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Ahem.. Its Almost 3 years old and Ambiente model, driven 45k. Which was around 13.xx lacs. It still holds that much value?
ThE Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 17:08   #2327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 862
Thanked: 318 Times
Default

My colleague is planning to sell his 3 year old, 30000 km Ford Fiesta (Sxi ABS) in Trivandrum as he is getting transferred to Bangalore. How much do you think he should ask for? Carwale is showing a dismal 4.25 Lakhs, and he feels he should get atleast 5.5 Lakhs. He paid 7.5 Lakhs on-road when he bought the car (8 Lakhs minus 50000 discount)

Last edited by jinojohnt : 18th October 2010 at 17:09.
jinojohnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 17:08   #2328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyCar View Post
Hi,
I am looking at the following options for my next car.

1) Hyundai Accent CRDI (white): Dec-2005 make, 61000kms, Single Owner, New art leather Seat covers, Exteriors and Interiors Ok, Sony HU with 4 speakers fitted. Bridgestone tyres with half thread left. Final Quote 3.20 Lacs

2) Old Honda City VTEC (golden): 2002 make, 58000kms, 2 Owners, New Seat Covers, Exteriors with some paint touchups, Pioneer HY with 4 speakers and Sony amp and subwoofer. Hankook tyres in Front & Falken Tyres in back. Final Quote 2.30 Lacs

Please suggest.
Thanks
If i were you will blindly go for the OHC VTec - OHC's are the most reliable cars. I paid an enromous 2.7 for a 2nd owner OHC 1.3 last year but belive me I didnt repend on that
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 17:18   #2329
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
My colleague is planning to sell his 3 year old, 30000 km Ford Fiesta (Sxi ABS) in Trivandrum as he is getting transferred to Bangalore. How much do you think he should ask for? Carwale is showing a dismal 4.25 Lakhs, and he feels he should get atleast 5.5 Lakhs. He paid 7.5 Lakhs on-road when he bought the car (8 Lakhs minus 50000 discount)
Hi John,
IMO if the car is in very good condition(in all aspects) then he can get another 25-30K max(after hard bargaining). AFAIK ford cars don't have the luxury of resale value which the Hyundai's or Maruti's enjoy
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 12:08   #2330
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 161 Times
Question Used WagonR

Hi peeps,

Can you tell me what should be the ideal price for a 2001 Wagon R VXi with 32k kms behind it in Bangalore? I'm not really sure about how can it still be 32k after 10 years, ideally it should have crossed about 1L kms by now. Anyways, that I'll be checking out tomorrow and this will be my first car ever. So let me know if you know someone or somehwere in Bangalore where I can get better deals. What to look for? Any kick-*** mechanic in Bangalore who can hep me out. I'm only looking for a Wagon R. So any of your friends or relatives selling, lemme know.

Cheers,

D

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th October 2010 at 12:17. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 12:31   #2331
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi peeps,

Can you tell me what should be the ideal price for a 2001 Wagon R VXi with 32k kms behind it in Bangalore? I'm not really sure about how can it still be 32k after 10 years, ideally it should have crossed about 1L kms by now. Anyways, that I'll be checking out tomorrow and this will be my first car ever. So let me know if you know someone or somehwere in Bangalore where I can get better deals. What to look for? Any kick-*** mechanic in Bangalore who can hep me out. I'm only looking for a Wagon R. So any of your friends or relatives selling, lemme know.

Cheers,

D
Hi, IMO the range would be 1L to 1.2L. Max. First confirm if the ODO tamper has not been done.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 14:27   #2332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Hi, IMO the range would be 1L to 1.2L. Max. First confirm if the ODO tamper has not been done.
I'll see that ODO meter thing. But dude! You know how inflated our market is. Even my friend got a buyer for his 99 Zen who ended up paying 1.4L for it. These guys initially quoted 2.1L for this Wagon R but since they are the second owner, i somehow managed to get a 20K discount. Is there a place where I can get a better deal?
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 15:34   #2333
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,919
Thanked: 333 Times
Default

1.9 is way too much for a 2001 WR, no matter how good the resale value of WR is.
More reasonable price is 1.2 - 1.3 L for VXi model and 1.1 -1.2 for LXi model.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 16:30   #2334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
1.9 is way too much for a 2001 WR, no matter how good the resale value of WR is.
More reasonable price is 1.2 - 1.3 L for VXi model and 1.1 -1.2 for LXi model.
Plus it's with its second owner now. So what all things should I point out when bargaining with him.

BTW, carwale shows the value of a 2001 WR vxi at 1.35 for good condition (obviously that's not counting in the fact he's the second owner.) This is the following description by the owner:

Make : Maruti
Model : Wagon R Vxi
Year : 2002 Registered KA
Color : Light Green/Silver
Kms. Run : 35K+
Insurance : Aug 2011 (HDFC Ergo)
Owner : Second Owner
Features : Petrol, Power Door Locks, Power Windows Front, Power Steering, AC
Expected Price : 2 Lacs negotiable.

Maintenance records available, Very less KMs run. Used only for weekend driving or occasional drive to office.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 20:55   #2335
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Meter Tampering & Money Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyCar View Post
Hi,
I am looking at the following options for my next car.

1) Hyundai Accent CRDI (white): Dec-2005 make, 61000kms, Single Owner, New art leather Seat covers, Exteriors and Interiors Ok, Sony HU with 4 speakers fitted. Bridgestone tyres with half thread left. Final Quote 3.20 Lacs

2) Old Honda City VTEC (golden): 2002 make, 58000kms, 2 Owners, New Seat Covers, Exteriors with some paint touchups, Pioneer HY with 4 speakers and Sony amp and subwoofer. Hankook tyres in Front & Falken Tyres in back. Final Quote 2.30 Lacs

Please suggest.
Thanks
Had gone to the car dealer through a family friend, so did not enquire much before paying an advance of 15K to the car dealer. I had paid advance after a test drive and found the Accent CRDI very good to drive and the suspension seemed fine. The dealer than sent the car for general servicing immediately and says he spent around 4000/- rupees.

After paying the advance, I got a Hyundai Car Surveyor to confirm past record the next day and found that the Accent was not showing the owner name in the www.aptransport.org/html/reservation_number_search.htm
site as well as the Hyundai Global Service Software showed "Owner not verifyable" but a kms reading of 1,26,000kms some months back. The Hyundai surveyor however says that the crdi engine and suspension, AC are fine, but some underbody rusting exists.


After this episode, I requested a complete refund of the advance, but the car dealer is not willing to give a refund, and it says so in the receipt terms and conditions as well. The dealer further confirms that almost all the 2nd cars have tampered meters, so they only check the vehicle current condition and take it on an "AS IS" basis. I have got a real scolding from everyone in my family about going for a second hand car.

This episode has really made the whole deal about buying a 2nd hand car sour. I have made a big mistake in not showing the car to the mechanic, as well as not checking past service records. Is there any recourse to get my advance back?
RallyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 04:05   #2336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Plus it's with its second owner now. So what all things should I point out when bargaining with him.

BTW, carwale shows the value of a 2001 WR vxi at 1.35 for good condition (obviously that's not counting in the fact he's the second owner.) This is the following description by the owner:

Make : Maruti
Model : Wagon R Vxi
Year : 2002 Registered KA
Color : Light Green/Silver
Kms. Run : 35K+
Insurance : Aug 2011 (HDFC Ergo)
Owner : Second Owner
Features : Petrol, Power Door Locks, Power Windows Front, Power Steering, AC
Expected Price : 2 Lacs negotiable.

Maintenance records available, Very less KMs run. Used only for weekend driving or occasional drive to office.
Apart from this car, I have one more option. It's a april 2005 Swift 1.3 ZXi which has clocked about 38k kms. Owner was a lady (first owner) and she's asking for 3L as the final price. What say guys?
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:09   #2337
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Apart from this car, I have one more option. It's a april 2005 Swift 1.3 ZXi which has clocked about 38k kms. Owner was a lady (first owner) and she's asking for 3L as the final price. What say guys?
Hi, IMO 2.4L to 2.6L is the max you can give. But just see the car drive it and if you and your mechanic feel it is good in all aspect then another 10-15K max. Try to start from 2.4L and end it at 2.6L.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:28   #2338
BHPian
 
prsnck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 6 Times
Default 2000 Honda City 1.5 Exi

Hi Friends,

Have come across yet another OHC in bangalore.

Sep 2000 model 1.5Exi, Single Owner about 75k km done, Dark Blue color. Second owner is using it, but since they know each other as he told, ownership is not changed in RC and Insure as well. Yet to see any doc's. I am really in doubt if this guy is a dealer. He told was having a swift and bcse of parking problem selling it. Really dont know what all ways are we taken for a ride. Anyway seeing the doc's I may be able to catch him, if transfer doc's are already signed before and all. Also will try to get hold of service manual as well.

Insure is lapsed as of now. I had a drive of the vehicle and more over was able to check up with a mechanic too. Exterior looks as glossy as new car, I feel most of it was parked in garage even though its run 75k km in 10 years which is not bad as well. Bodyline was so neat, that I had seen after a long time for a 10 years old car. Even the metallic shine is still there for the blue color. Scratches and lines was there and dent on boot along with scribbles of being parked outside once this guy got swift it seems.

Interior looked well too, seats and all, though center console is broken and he told costs 1500-/. Also power windows have really slowened down and front left glass was out of beeding and was unable to raise up fully. Tyres had enough rubber left say half life, all the four Good Year ones and more bald stepeney.

Suspension felt well also, and one alarming issue was power steering. It hardly had any response, also late play. Owner seems to be aware, he told lack of steeriing fluid or so. Even mechanic told some connecting rod issue or minor one. Had to check up with Honda folks to see what exactly has happened and if it costs a bomb or not. Clutch too felt little tight, but no issues as per mechanic says.

Now to the dicey part, M matters. His final offer was 2.5 without insure and if insure and power steering work done he will give it for 2.6 it seems. I told 2.15 as my offer. Guys let me know what you feel and what else should I look for and how to close out the deal, what will be the right price.

Will try to add pic's.

rgrds
prsn
Attached Images
 
prsnck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:35   #2339
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 516
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Have come across yet another OHC in bangalore.
From your description, the only thing which is good in the car is the suspension!!
And nothing else - dubious ownership, expired insurance, scratches and dents, faulty PW & PS, broken console, bald tyres, ......

I would stay away from this car.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:36   #2340
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Hi Prsnck, How ever neat the vehicle might be, it has crossed 10 years and IMO the max "M" that can be given is between 1.5 to 1.7L. I guess after 10 years the insurance will not be a comprehensive one. Drive it and take it to a mechanic, check the service history and then decide with another 10-15K extra(if it is worth it)
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6102 6th December 2016 12:26
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks