Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 23:25   #2581
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I have been looking at upgrading my Pajero (SFX shape) 1998. I have been offered the following :

Parjero 08-09 - Mileage under 30K with service record, single owner. 15.5 to 16.5
Captiva LT 08-09 Mileage under 30k with service record, single owner 13.5 to 15

Which makes a better buy & is the quoted price OK ?


Cheers
Well, does not it depends on the kind of usage the vehicle will be subjected to? And you being a pajero owner I guess there is no point mentioning about the robustness and off road capabilities of the pajero even though it is very dated now.

As for captiva, if you do not require to go off road often ,Captiva definitely makes a lot of sense. I drove one recently just after test driving a Pajero and there was, as expected, a sea of difference. It drives well and as I have experienced it is good enough to tackle the occassional dirt road.

The Pajero deal look fair enough to me. The Captiva though seems to be on the pricier side considering that a new one costs about 19.5 lakhs for the manual box.

BTW, the captiva you mentioned, does it has an auto box? If so, then the price seems fair enough.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 11th January 2011 at 23:33.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 12:35   #2582
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,879
Thanked: 318 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Hi,

I am in a dilemma, need help of fellow T-Bhpians, I bought a Swift Ldi on March 2009. At that time I was started looking for a car at 2.5lac and ended up with a 5.7 lac car! I was planning to go in for a Vdi but the mental block of 6 lac car got the best of me. Now tho I am really happy with my car, I feel unhappy with the fact that it doesn't have small nicks & nacs like the Vdi viz, power windows, a little colour full dash, rear seat head rest etc.

Looking forward for your inputs.
Why do you want to sell your car for this little stuff which can be integrated from outside.

Power windows, seat headrests etc are available from outside and work like a charm.

Own car is the best thing, dont let it go for such reasons.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 13:02   #2583
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply!I was looking at around 3.5-3.6 lakhs and today had called up the guys who put ads in the newspaper for buying cars.Majority of them said they would check the price and call back - but no calls came.

The only call came from Mahindra who said they would offer 3.3 lakhs!

I have installed remote lock, rear sensors, blue tooth music system, seat covers etc totalling close to 20-25k so was thinking the price quoted by you seems fair!lets see!
rajinibm, well it is hard and didnt want to disappoint you. 3.6L is fair enough but FIATs have a very bad resale value.

I would suggest you remove your ICE and sell it separately. I wonder how much Punto 90 bhp would be quoted when it comes to used car market.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 13:20   #2584
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,059
Thanked: 2,189 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I have been looking at upgrading my Pajero (SFX shape) 1998. I have been offered the following :

Parjero 08-09 - Mileage under 30K with service record, single owner. 15.5 to 16.5
Captiva LT 08-09 Mileage under 30k with service record, single owner 13.5 to 15

Which makes a better buy & is the quoted price OK ?
Cheers
The captiva suffers from an above normal elastic turbo lag effect in the manual form, and an AT is the best, if the price is for an AT then the Captiva is well priced.

The Pajero seems over priced by a couple of lacs - it is bought by Pajero lovers (like u) and is overpiced originally itself. I personally love the SFX exterior shape and two colour paint job, but hate the interiors and feel the engine is dated in todays times so feel it should drop prices more significantly but those who have gone beyound these concerns and yet bought a pajero in recent times have done it for the love of the vehicle so it will be hard to get a recent SFX model at a low price easilty though it does not deserve this higher resale price due to low supply.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 14:17   #2585
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 893
Thanked: 176 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
I have been looking at upgrading my Pajero (SFX shape) 1998. I have been offered the following :

Parjero 08-09 - Mileage under 30K with service record, single owner. 15.5 to 16.5
Captiva LT 08-09 Mileage under 30k with service record, single owner 13.5 to 15

Which makes a better buy & is the quoted price OK ?
Cheers
Considering that you already have a colourful and diversified portfolio of cars, you should not be in any hurry! I think the Captiva should make for a compelling buy since it is quite a decent car.

Being a Chevy, the Captiva will not command high resale. price. Remember, the best deals are found on cars which are 'good' cars but depreciate 'fast' (due to internal prejudices of our market). The Captiva should fall in that category...If I were you, I'll start the nego from as low as `11-12 lacs. You can also consider Nissan X-Trail, a brilliant SUV and a depreciation disaster!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:04   #2586
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hi All,

Today I saw a palio diesel. The details are below

Model: palio 1.9D ELX, Sept 2004
KMS: 1,12,000(you read it correctly! one lac twelve thousand kms!)

The vehicle is kept in very good condition. Single owner
The owner expects a price of 1.9Ls. I did ask till 1.5L,

Now the question:

Should I reconsider my pricing???
Is it advisable to go for such high run vehicle. I did have the mechanic check the car and he assured that it is in mint condition.
Any suggestions would certainly help me to take the decision
Please help
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:39   #2587
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Ravi, is it by any chance a red Palio? If yes, I know the owner and would agree with the Mechanic's statement.

But personally, I wouldn't buy such a high running vehicle. Its entirely your call.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 17:51   #2588
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Ravi, is it by any chance a red Palio? If yes, I know the owner and would agree with the Mechanic's statement.

But personally, I wouldn't buy such a high running vehicle. Its entirely your call.
Jayanth,

Yes, you guessed it right. Actually I was planning to buy one for my friend who wants a diesel car at home town. and I also double checked to make sure if he is really interested. But considering the kms it has run, afraid to go anything beyond 1.5L for this car since there could be some high maintenance due and might not have surfaced yet.

Anyways now I checked with the owner also and he is not ready to come down to the price that was quoted by me/my friend. The idea is cancelled and looking out for a low run car now.

I dont have any plans to change my beast in near future

Last edited by ravikn : 12th January 2011 at 17:56. Reason: typo
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:30   #2589
BHPian
 
suv100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calicut
Posts: 125
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much will I have to pay for a 2009 Corolla Altis which has done somewhere between 20,000 to 25000 kms?
suv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:55   #2590
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Your friend also needs to evaluate the A.S.S or any FIAT specialist in your hometown which will be an absolute must for this car. So, I would say, its best avoided.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post

I dont have any plans to change my beast in near future
I was wondering this and was just about to ask you
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 21:23   #2591
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Well, does not it depends on the kind of usage the vehicle will be subjected to? And you being a pajero owner I guess there is no point mentioning about the robustness and off road capabilities of the pajero even though it is very dated now.

As for captiva, if you do not require to go off road often ,Captiva definitely makes a lot of sense. I drove one recently just after test driving a Pajero and there was, as expected, a sea of difference. It drives well and as I have experienced it is good enough to tackle the occassional dirt road.

The Pajero deal look fair enough to me. The Captiva though seems to be on the pricier side considering that a new one costs about 19.5 lakhs for the manual box.

BTW, the captiva you mentioned, does it has an auto box? If so, then the price seems fair enough.

Regards.

Thanks for the inputs. My Pajero rarely goes off road though I have tested her capabilities She sails thru Slush like no other !!

I am basically looking for an SUV which is good on road - not essentially off road, but a 4WD is nice to have for the one off situation.. I love the way the Pajero looks /feels & drives - a true to the bones SUV !


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The captiva suffers from an above normal elastic turbo lag effect in the manual form, and an AT is the best, if the price is for an AT then the Captiva is well priced.

The Pajero seems over priced by a couple of lacs - it is bought by Pajero lovers (like u) and is overpiced originally itself. I personally love the SFX exterior shape and two colour paint job, but hate the interiors and feel the engine is dated in todays times so feel it should drop prices more significantly but those who have gone beyound these concerns and yet bought a pajero in recent times have done it for the love of the vehicle so it will be hard to get a recent SFX model at a low price easilty though it does not deserve this higher resale price due to low supply.

The Captiva if bought shall go in straight for a remap & the turbo lag shall hence be missing !! So it should drive well. The newer interiors and ride comfort are in it's favour. Though I am NOT a Chevy fan due to their pathetic A.S.S.

As for the Pajero...having owned one, I know what it takes. I think it is every penny's worth !!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Considering that you already have a colourful and diversified portfolio of cars, you should not be in any hurry! I think the Captiva should make for a compelling buy since it is quite a decent car.

Being a Chevy, the Captiva will not command high resale. price. Remember, the best deals are found on cars which are 'good' cars but depreciate 'fast' (due to internal prejudices of our market). The Captiva should fall in that category...If I were you, I'll start the nego from as low as `11-12 lacs. You can also consider Nissan X-Trail, a brilliant SUV and a depreciation disaster!

Thanks buddy for the honest inputs. Ya I am in NO hurry whatsoever. I appreciate what you say of the Captiva. But the demand for Captiva has recently gone up due to the VFM factor. So i will wait for a decent single owner low miler.

Thanks all for the suggestions & inputs





Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 23:34   #2592
BHPian
 
challa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Friends

Could you please advice what can be the price for used skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi elegance 2003 make, car is neat and has clocked around 63 k kms in Bangalore, Single owner , equipped with michelin tyres , Skoda Alloys. Dealer is quoting around 5.25 Lakhs.
challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 09:39   #2593
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 365 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Challa,
I came across something similar in Pune, except it was an 2005 AT model with 2 owners.
The price quoted was 4.7 L, but I was told this should be less than 3.5 L if the condition is decent.
As we know Bangalore prices are on the higher side.
I would say, not more than 4 L for your case even in BLR.
Set aside, about 20 K per year for maintenance (assuming running of 15K KM).
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 10:17   #2594
BHPian
 
mac187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 520
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Hi,

I am in a dilemma, need help of fellow T-Bhpians, I bought a Swift Ldi on March 2009. At that time I was started looking for a car at 2.5lac and ended up with a 5.7 lac car! I was planning to go in for a Vdi but the mental block of 6 lac car got the best of me. Now tho I am really happy with my car, I feel unhappy with the fact that it doesn't have small nicks & nacs like the Vdi viz, power windows, a little colour full dash, rear seat head rest etc.

I planned to live with it but with the new launches, the polo has caught my eye. Is it a good plan to sell a 20 month old car (which i have cared for like any first time car owner)?

Also what price can i expect for a Swift Ldi in bangalore? Things you may want to know,
- Music system worth 25k
- Odo reading 14k
- Auto cop, sunfilm, wheel cap etc
- 4 yr extented warranty paid
- Car is banaglore reg
- others: car full service history avialabel, car has been on shell fuel from day one. Basically, cared from heart.

Carwale highest quote is 4.75lacs.

Looking forward for your inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Why do you want to sell your car for this little stuff which can be integrated from outside.

Power windows, seat headrests etc are available from outside and work like a charm.

Own car is the best thing, dont let it go for such reasons.
I was thinking of giving away my current Swift Ldi and go for a Polo full loaded. Need inputs as to,
a> Is a good idea to sell a 20 months old car?
b> Would Polo Diesel be a better car than Swift DDiS?
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 20:36   #2595
BHPian
 
challa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hi Challa,
I came across something similar in Pune, except it was an 2005 AT model with 2 owners.
The price quoted was 4.7 L, but I was told this should be less than 3.5 L if the condition is decent.
As we know Bangalore prices are on the higher side.
I would say, not more than 4 L for your case even in BLR.
Set aside, about 20 K per year for maintenance (assuming running of 15K KM).
Hi SUN thanks for the reply, i almost negotiated till 4.5 Lakhs and later pulled back saying to just let me know if they have any other cars in the price tag of 3.5 to 3.75 lakhs as i felt even 4.5 for 2003 Skoda is at very higher side, you can assume the scenario with three guys from dealers side negotiating with a single guy
challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6097 6th December 2016 00:24
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks