Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 22:52   #3781
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 857
Thanked: 266 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Am looking to sell my 2009 sept i10 sportz (old kappa engine), done only 10250 kms. 2 scratches and 2 dings, company serviced. how much should i expect? i have seen ads asking for as high as 4.25 lacs and also some as low as 3.25 lacs so is 3.75 a good expectation?
Rs 4.25 lakh for a 2009 I10 Kappa 1 is simply ridiculous. I paid Rs 4.3 lakh for a brand new I10 Kappa2 in December 2010. I would think that Rs 3.5-3.75 lakh is a more realistic expectation.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 22:58   #3782
BHPian
 
akhil_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 91
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My friend is planning to buy Santro.(I think Xing). It has PS, Central Locking

Model:2004
Kms: 65k
Accessories: Music System

Asking price: 1.6 L.. Is it reasonable??
akhil_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 00:05   #3783
BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 987
Thanked: 531 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

If the car is well maintained then the price is ok. Still you could bargain for 1.4L. Check for the condition though. High immediate expenses is a strict no.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 11:51   #3784
BHPian
 
kablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@Esteem_Lover, Anjan_c2007,

Thanks for your kind replies. I thought of going for the pre-worshipped way for my next upgrade. And, Tata Safari being my dream since many years I arrived at the idea of getting a used Safari. I'll keep your advice in mind for sure. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.So, I think it will be easy for me to control my urge towards TATA Safari. And your kind words adds to it. Thanks a lot!!
kablu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 13:50   #3785
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,

What is the price of a 2003 Toyota Corolla H2 1.8 E driven around 47K kms so far. The car happens to be not used for last 2-2.5 yrs regularly since the owner is in abroad and now he has decided to sell it off.

The price he is expecting is 3.75L. Is this reasonable? The carwale price also quotes that to be a good price.

I inspected the car. The body and engine seems to be in good condition
Battery needs replacement.
I think all the oils needs to be replaced as it was parked for a long time.
Tyres needs replacement

What is the price I should quote and till what should be the final(last) offer? Am thinking 3.4L for as-is condition and need to spend 30-40K later

Please help me out
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 14:09   #3786
BHPian
 
nitin.rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 327
Thanked: 235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn
Friends,

The price he is expecting is 3.75L. Is this reasonable? The carwale price also quotes that to be a good price.

Am thinking 3.4L for as-is condition and need to spend 30-40K later
I really would think hard before picking up a 9 yr old (2012 is around the corner) car specially when it has been unused for a long period of time.

Car wake is about 10% higher than Going rates in my experience.
nitin.rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 14:31   #3787
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,196
Thanked: 1,762 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
The car happens to be not used for last 2-2.5 yrs regularly since the owner is in abroad and now he has decided to sell it off.
Has the car been idle for 2-2.5 years or has been used sparingly?

If it has been lying idle, it's best you pass on it. A car idle for that long brings about it's own set of issues : messy fuel pump, rusted parts and what not. To top it all, the car is already 8 years old. My Corsa was idle for a year and it took months and couple of servicings before she was back to normal.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 14:58   #3788
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
I really would think hard before picking up a 9 yr old (2012 is around the corner) car specially when it has been unused for a long period of time.

Car wake is about 10% higher than Going rates in my experience.
@Nitin.rai,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Agree with you that carwale has increased its valuation prices to help the used car dealers as max business they get it from them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Has the car been idle for 2-2.5 years or has been used sparingly?

If it has been lying idle, it's best you pass on it. A car idle for that long brings about it's own set of issues : messy fuel pump, rusted parts and what not. To top it all, the car is already 8 years old. My Corsa was idle for a year and it took months and couple of servicings before she was back to normal.
@libranof1987,

Thanks for the suggestion. Am not sure if it was sparingly used or kept running minimal for the last 2-3 yrs. I check the last service was done in mar-2008 and ODO reading was 43K after that it has only run 3k kms.

Hope it would be necessary to take her to a workshop to get it further checked.

Regards
Ravi
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 00:56   #3789
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,550
Thanked: 430 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Am looking to sell my 2009 sept i10 sportz (old kappa engine), done only 10250 kms. 2 scratches and 2 dings, company serviced. how much should i expect? i have seen ads asking for as high as 4.25 lacs and also some as low as 3.25 lacs so is 3.75 a good expectation?
What was the on road price of your car in 2009 ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 01:10   #3790
BHPian
 
himavanth_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Chennai
Posts: 583
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Friends,

What is the price of a 2003 Toyota Corolla H2 1.8 E driven around 47K kms so far. The car happens to be not used for last 2-2.5 yrs regularly since the owner is in abroad and now he has decided to sell it off.

The price he is expecting is 3.75L. Is this reasonable? The carwale price also quotes that to be a good price.

I inspected the car. The body and engine seems to be in good condition
Battery needs replacement.
I think all the oils needs to be replaced as it was parked for a long time.
Tyres needs replacement

What is the price I should quote and till what should be the final(last) offer? Am thinking 3.4L for as-is condition and need to spend 30-40K later

Please help me out
3.75 is a bit on the expensive side. In Hyderabad, 2003 Dec Corolla I bought in Dec 2009 at 49k on the ODO for 4 lacs. (I think it was H2 but to confirm, it had ABS, Automatic climate control, In built cassette player (No CD player), power windows, fabric seats (wonderful fabric).)

I sold it off in Dec 2010 for 3.6 lacs at 64k on the ODO. Currently in Dec 2011, Hyd prices for the same range from 3 lacs to 3.25 depending on ODO. Additionally mine had 2 owners only prior to me. Considering Bangalore, I would not exceed 3.4 lacs for 2003 47K odo vehicle. So you should quote much lower than the 3.4 if you want to make a deal at 3.4. Plus cost of petrol impacts the resale of petrol vehicles.

My experience: In the whole 1 year, I only used to give it for regular service. Finally I had to sell it off, because I did not want to spend on the following things:
1. Silencer replacement
2. Clutch
3. New Tyres
4. Brakes
All these 4 would have costed me around 30k-40k Rs. So considering this, I got a sweet deal and sold off for a sweet deal.

In addition to this I got a sweet deal on a Safari 4x4 Vx 2009 Sept model in Dec 2010.
For all this, I would suggest wait and bargain hard.

Do include replacement costs while bargaining and think of what you want to spend finally on the vehicle. I have generally seen 2003 corollas needing the silencer and clutch replacements. So do take into account these as well. They would need replacement in the next 10 to 15k due to rusting and regular usage. But as such, I am sure you would not face any problems with the vehicle. Additionally 2003 corollas give excellent mileage. I used to get 15 on the highway when driven sedately

Last edited by himavanth_m : 15th November 2011 at 01:16.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 09:14   #3791
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune,
Posts: 427
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What was the on road price of your car in 2009 ?
on road in pune i paid 4.15 lacs.. and i too was quite surprised at the ads quoting 4.25 lacs.. but everyone has a right to quote!
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 10:19   #3792
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For reference I recently sold my Sep 2008 Chevy UVA 1.2 LS run around 30K Kms for 2.25 Lakhs. Dealers were not ready to budge beyond 1.75 Lakhs.
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 12:20   #3793
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 334
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Considering Bangalore, I would not exceed 3.4 lacs for 2003 47K odo vehicle. So you should quote much lower than the 3.4 if you want to make a deal at 3.4. Plus cost of petrol impacts the resale of petrol vehicles.

My experience: In the whole 1 year, I only used to give it for regular service. Finally I had to sell it off, because I did not want to spend on the following things:
1. Silencer replacement
2. Clutch
3. New Tyres
4. Brakes

All these 4 would have costed me around 30k-40k Rs. So considering this, I got a sweet deal and sold off for a sweet deal.

In addition to this I got a sweet deal on a Safari 4x4 Vx 2009 Sept model in Dec 2010.
For all this, I would suggest wait and bargain hard.

Do include replacement costs while bargaining and think of what you want to spend finally on the vehicle. Additionally 2003 corollas give excellent mileage. I used to get 15 on the highway when driven sedately
@Himavanth_m,

Thank you very much for sharing your ownership experience. Am exactly concerned abt the items that you have mentioned as the dry plate Clutch would need replacement around 60K in Corolla. and tires have already shown their age and kind of worn out.

Am planning to keep it for next 3-4 yrs hence would not mind spending a little more on the car if it would serve me better.

Regards
Ravi
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 16:44   #3794
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys, how much can we expect for our car:

Model:Skoda Octavia rider 1.9TDI,
Mileage:68k

Bought in Jan 2007, has been serviced regularly at Vinayak, only the first service was at Tafe, as per intervals by Skoda. Can provide all service bills. A few small dents on the left side. We've replaced the fabric seats with leather one's from Stanley, and got components, rear speakers and a HU installed recently.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 22:24   #3795
BHPian
 
himavanth_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Chennai
Posts: 583
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
@Himavanth_m,

Thank you very much for sharing your ownership experience. Am exactly concerned abt the items that you have mentioned as the dry plate Clutch would need replacement around 60K in Corolla. and tires have already shown their age and kind of worn out.

Am planning to keep it for next 3-4 yrs hence would not mind spending a little more on the car if it would serve me better.

Regards
Ravi
If you are Ok with petrol prices, then used corolla makes an excellent choice at 3 - 4 lac range. Additionally from what I have seen, 2003 and 2004 corollas in excellent condition running at 1.5 lac kms even now. So you will surely have peace of mind with the vehicle.

One interesting fact I found was that 2003 to 2005 octavias are still running very strongly at 1.4 lac kms ( 2 of my friends own them). But the Friends octavias of 2007 make are facing lot of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys, how much can we expect for our car:

Model:Skoda Octavia rider 1.9TDI,
Mileage:68k

Bought in Jan 2007, has been serviced regularly at Vinayak, only the first service was at Tafe, as per intervals by Skoda. Can provide all service bills. A few small dents on the left side. We've replaced the fabric seats with leather one's from Stanley, and got components, rear speakers and a HU installed recently.
Should expect around 5.5 in Hyderabad. So considering Bangalore, you can expect around 6 may be 6.2 lacs (Since you seem to have excellent service history). Even if you have AT version of the Skoda, I would not expect much more than this.
However, I am not sure about the resale value in Bangalore. This is just a guess from my side. In Hyderabad, the resale value is not good.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6136 9th December 2016 21:23
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks