Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 21:13   #5251
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Guys,

I checked out a Swift, 2007 Vxi model at a Maruti True Value outlet. They are quoting 3.75L for it. It has done 50K. Is it a fair price?

Also, there are a couple of small dents on and lot of scratches on the vehicle. The sales guy said they'll remove that all before delivery. Is this possible?
Can you provide some more details. Does the car come with ABS or non ABS ? Typically you will have some extra premium depending on

1. Alloys and/or New tires
2. Music system
3. Seat covers
4. Any other accessories
5. What kind of warranty these true value guys offer ? they typically throw in free services etc.

So do check all these.

I saw few posts before about one guy quoting 2.7 lakhs for a Swift VXI 2007 having run 65000kms so take a look at that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
That's over priced .you can get it for around 2.0 to 2.25 max
New Swift VXI sells on road at 6+ lakhs in bangalore. This car in question seems to have run low mileage for a 5+ year old car. So i wonder how you came up with such a strong statement ? please provide some examples to justify ?

Even if the car does not come with any accessories, Fair deal would be in excess of 2.5 lakhs( check sites such as carwale)

P.S:
I own a 2007 VXI myself and its a 1.3 litre engine have run less than 50K as of now. I never got the same punch with the newer 1.2 litre engine.

I have got quotes for more than 3 lakhs, but just holding on to my beauty because i need to arrange more money before i get my next upgrade.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 21:35   #5252
BHPian
 
sudeep11787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 93
Thanked: 61 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Guys,

I checked out a Swift, 2007 Vxi model at a Maruti True Value outlet. They are quoting 3.75L for it. It has done 50K. Is it a fair price?

Also, there are a couple of small dents on and lot of scratches on the vehicle. The sales guy said they'll remove that all before delivery. Is this possible?
True Value cars are a bit overpriced. I bought an esteem for 2.7. The same i could have bought around 2. But you can be assured of quality.
The car's suspension was new, new tires, new wheel caps, door handles. Even mine had a scratched mirror and trunk. They said the same thing to me. And voila ! they installed a brand new mirror and assembly, scratches were taken care of. The mirrors even had plastic wrapping on them. Now it depends what kind of damage you are talking about. If they are dents, then maybe they wont. But if the scratches are on the plastic parts or replaceable ones, then they would do it happily. Just make sure to make your point before paying anything. 3.7 is a bit high because its a swift. Dzires and swifts are quite in demand. BTW which true value did you visit?
sudeep11787 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 22:00   #5253
Mik
BHPian
 
Mik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: GGN>BLR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 288 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Guys,

I checked out a Swift, 2007 Vxi model at a Maruti True Value outlet. They are quoting 3.75L for it. It has done 50K. Is it a fair price?

Also, there are a couple of small dents on and lot of scratches on the vehicle. The sales guy said they'll remove that all before delivery. Is this possible?
Me and TrueValue had almost sealed a deal for the Swift Vxi (bone stock) with 39k on the odo - June 2010 model. - For Rs 3.7 lakhs with RC,Insurance transfer and anti-rust coating. The car was in excellent condition. But, generally used car prices in Gurgaon will be cheaper. A 2007 Swift in truevalue gurgaon will cost a maximum of 2.6 lakhs.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 22:32   #5254
BHPian
 
prashant316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 179
Thanked: 57 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Guys,

I checked out a Swift, 2007 Vxi model at a Maruti True Value outlet. They are quoting 3.75L for it. It has done 50K. Is it a fair price?

Also, there are a couple of small dents on and lot of scratches on the vehicle. The sales guy said they'll remove that all before delivery. Is this possible?
scratches and dents can be removed. But if the paint is scrapped do check if the dealer will just be adding a touch up colour to it.

3.75 lacs is way off the charts. True value does charge a premium over the vehicle it sells. Under normal circumstances you should not pay anything more than 2.8 lacs for it, if it is in a very good condition. From True value add 10-20% to this price.
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 03:50   #5255
BHPian
 
docaxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 128
Thanked: 149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy

Can you provide some more details. Does the car come with ABS or non ABS ? Typically you will have some extra premium depending on

1. Alloys and/or New tires
2. Music system
3. Seat covers
4. Any other accessories
5. What kind of warranty these true value guys offer ? they typically throw in free services etc.

So do check all these.

I saw few posts before about one guy quoting 2.7 lakhs for a Swift VXI 2007 having run 65000kms so take a look at that post.

New Swift VXI sells on road at 6+ lakhs in bangalore. This car in question seems to have run low mileage for a 5+ year old car. So i wonder how you came up with such a strong statement ? please provide some examples to justify ?

Even if the car does not come with any accessories, Fair deal would be in excess of 2.5 lakhs( check sites such as carwale)

P.S:
I own a 2007 VXI myself and its a 1.3 litre engine have run less than 50K as of now. I never got the same punch with the newer 1.2 litre engine.

I have got quotes for more than 3 lakhs, but just holding on to my beauty because i need to arrange more money before i get my next upgrade.
Must be in Bangalore then. Coz in Mumbai petrol swifts have very poor resale. Have just upgraded my 2006 1.3l vxi swift to zdi my swift had genuine leather interiors ,15' alloys brand new michelins and ice worth 50k which was sold for 2.5l last dec.
docaxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 09:02   #5256
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 603
Thanked: 130 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@safari_lover
For 3.75L you should get a 2007 Swift Vdi in good condition.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 09:32   #5257
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe

Must be in Bangalore then. Coz in Mumbai petrol swifts have very poor resale. Have just upgraded my 2006 1.3l vxi swift to zdi my swift had genuine leather interiors ,15' alloys brand new michelins and ice worth 50k which was sold for 2.5l last dec.
Really sad to hear petrol cars taking a beating because of this artificial diesel price gap.
I still feel you could have got bit more

If this is reality i guess i will hold on to mine for couple more years and i guess by then a lot more new options in ertiga/duster league
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 13:18   #5258
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,050
Thanked: 353 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Thank you guys for all your inputs. Here are some more details about the car in question.

It's a 2007 Vxi model without ABS.
Among the accessories, it has seat covers (hard leather, the SE said), music system (Pioneer HU and 2 front door speakers and 2 on the parcel tray at the back).
Tyres aren't new but they aren't very old either. SE says have been run for about 5K and they are by Goodyear.
TrueValue offers 1 Year warranty on engine/gear box and 3 free services
The quoted price includes the paper work (RC transfer, et al). The car has insurance valid till next June.

And this is from the ITPL Road, Bangalore, outlet. Even the online listings for Swift Vxi don't quote anything less than 3L for similar models here :(

On a similar note, I am also thinking of considering A-star instead of the Swift. Size is not a problem for me since it's only me that'll occupy the car most of the time.
What do you guys suggest? Should I stick to Swift or look for a A-Star instead?
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 13:44   #5259
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 148 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What price will a Bangalore based Fiesta (S) Sports model 3 years old in fabulous condition command? Run about 30k km and absolutely un-modded. Extended warrantee and Insurance till year end.
fiestarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:14   #5260
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 51
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

hi guys,

please advice on a fair market price of my vehicle.

Make- mahindra xuv 500
colour- Black
Variant- w8
kms- 5500 km
Jan 2012 manufactured
Excellent condition except a deep scratch on driver's door(can be repainted before selling).

Thanks for your advice.
mayank123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:36   #5261
Senior - BHPian
 
aseem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,735
Thanked: 414 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
hi guys,

please advice on a fair market price of my vehicle.

Make- mahindra xuv 500
colour- Black
Variant- w8
kms- 5500 km
Jan 2012 manufactured
Excellent condition except a deep scratch on driver's door(can be repainted before selling).

Thanks for your advice.
In Gurgaon the price should be 10 lakhs +/- 50k should be a reasonable price. Considering new W6 can be had around 12.5 and the price was even lower when the customer would have bought it.

Rule of thumb, the price of a 10 lakh plus car depreciates instantly by 2 lakhs when you walk out of the showroom.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:44   #5262
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Thank you guys for all your inputs. Here are some more details about the car in question.

It's a 2007 Vxi model without ABS.
Among the accessories, it has seat covers (hard leather, the SE said), music system (Pioneer HU and 2 front door speakers and 2 on the parcel tray at the back).
Tyres aren't new but they aren't very old either. SE says have been run for about 5K and they are by Goodyear.
TrueValue offers 1 Year warranty on engine/gear box and 3 free services
The quoted price includes the paper work (RC transfer, et al). The car has insurance valid till next June.

And this is from the ITPL Road, Bangalore, outlet. Even the online listings for Swift Vxi don't quote anything less than 3L for similar models here :(

On a similar note, I am also thinking of considering A-star instead of the Swift. Size is not a problem for me since it's only me that'll occupy the car most of the time.
What do you guys suggest? Should I stick to Swift or look for a A-Star instead?
Safarilover, I think the price quoted is on a higher side.For 3.75L you can easily get a Swift ZXi. How can the SE know that the tyres have only run 5k's. Always take such statements with a pinch of salt.Check the manf. date on the tyre & decide.The market for a petrol cars are all time low. So haggle hard.
If space is not an important consideration ,A-Star will suit you well. You can get a 2010 VXi for about 3L- 3.2L & 2010 ZXi for 3.3L - 3.75L.
Regards
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
What price will a Bangalore based Fiesta (S) Sports model 3 years old in fabulous condition command? Run about 30k km and absolutely un-modded. Extended warrantee and Insurance till year end.
Hello fiestarry!
The problem with Fiesta S is that not many people know the difference between the S & Sxi, unless the buyer is an enthusiast. My colleague had a hard time selling his S,due to this attitude. So I suggest you list your car in sites like TBhp. To top it up, the market for petrol saloons is dismal
Considering Banglore prices,I guess you can expect around 6.25L to 6.75L, for your car. Anything more & you're lucky!
BTW, how much are you expecting?
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123
hi guys,

please advice on a fair market price of my vehicle.

Make- mahindra xuv 500
colour- Black
Variant- w8
kms- 5500 km
Jan 2012 manufactured
Excellent condition except a deep scratch on driver's door(can be repainted before selling).

Thanks for your advice.
A Jan 2012 W8 XUV will fetch anywhere between 14L to 14.5L, in my view. BTW, why do want to sell you car in 6-8 months
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 6th August 2012 at 15:09.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:45   #5263
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,750
Thanked: 560 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post

On a similar note, I am also thinking of considering A-star instead of the Swift. Size is not a problem for me since it's only me that'll occupy the car most of the time.
What do you guys suggest? Should I stick to Swift or look for a A-Star instead?
On road prices of cars are expensive in Bangalore sometimes as high as one lakh extra

But i guess that keeps the prices of used cars bit on higher end. Though i am not sure about 3.7, looks bit expensive to me. Try to bargain hard, petrol cars are not in demand. They pay peanuts to sellers so they dont have rights to quote high for buyers.

A-star is a good car, but it never clicked in india. It is always compared with alto(it is alto in other markets) and that is why people go for cheaper alto

I think the top end A-star would come with all safety mechanisms and still be cheaper for you. but it is strictly a 4 seater. Are you specific about maruti only ?

If you have a budget of 3.75, You might be able to get a brand new K10 Alto for around 4 lakhs as well, K10 engine has decent power.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:50   #5264
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 225 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
hi guys,

please advice on a fair market price of my vehicle.

Make- mahindra xuv 500
colour- Black
Variant- w8
kms- 5500 km
Jan 2012 manufactured
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
In Gurgaon the price should be 10 lakhs +/- 50k should be a reasonable price. Considering new W6 can be had around 12.5 and the price was even lower when the customer would have bought it.

Rule of thumb, the price of a 10 lakh plus car depreciates instantly by 2 lakhs when you walk out of the showroom.
That rule of thumb applies generally. Currently does not apply to XUV.

I saw a 2012 W6 with 4700 kms on the odo change hands in Gurgaon last month for 11.8L. The sale happened between a dealer and end user. The dealer had bought it for 11.4 and had offers up to 11.7 from other dealers. So IMO the W8 should be worth between 11.5-12L.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 14:54   #5265
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 272
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

I have a July 2006 model hyundai Getz GLS.
It has 97000 on the odo.
The car is in a good condition.
Got the tires changed at 90000kms.
Its a first owner vehicle.
No paint work or repair work evr done, its a clean car.

Just wanted to know the approximate price at which it cud be sold ?
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6107 6th December 2016 18:05
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks