Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 11:55   #6841
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I purchased 2008 VAT model in bangalore, run 27k at the time of buying, single owner for 5.8 lacs with full service history and car was in great condition.
Hope this info helps
Did you get this car in bangalore for the price quoted? i am only finding VMT's for around 6.5 for the same year
claxtoncorreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 17:31   #6842
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 53
Posts: 215
Thanked: 142 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi everyone. I am planning to sell my 2009 Fabia Ambiente Diesel. The car has done 62k kms till date. I approached the dealer for quote and he told that he will take my car for 3.3L. On papers I am the second owner (since the car was purchased in company name and then transfered to my name). Is it a reasonable price? My dad says that he wont sell for less than 4L. Kindly help me.

Additional details:
  • Fully loaded (ABS, 2 Airbags, Front & Rear fog lamps, Defogger)
  • New battery (original Skoda) was changed 6k kms before
  • Four tyres (Bridgestone Potenza) were changed at 48K kms and have run 14K kms.
  • Regularly serviced at authorised dealer
  • Stock Alloys
  • Stock Music System
  • Changed the suspension stay bush just now (Car still in workshop)
  • The car returns 15kmpl for spirited driving in city with 100% AC on and for sedate driving 17kmpl
  • In highways, for sedate driving it returns 21kmpl
  • Other than the above points, it has the normal wear and tear with few body scratches, courtesy chennai city traffic.
narsi_6989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 17:46   #6843
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi everyone. I am planning to sell my 2009 Fabia Ambiente Diesel. The car has done 62k kms till date. I approached the dealer for quote and he told that he will take my car for 3.3L. On papers I am the second owner (since the car was purchased in company name and then transfered to my name). Is it a reasonable price? My dad says that he wont sell for less than 4L. Kindly help me.
Hello narsi,
Your father is somewhat right. 3.3L is too low by South Indian standards.A fair price would be in the region of 3.75L. From the point of view of a prospective buyer,this car is 3rd hand & not 2nd hand. This is bound to bring down the price.Try selling to a private buyer rather than approaching a dealer.
Although I must say, that in Mumbai, this car would have got max 3-3.25L.

Hope this helps,
varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 18:11   #6844
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi everyone. I am planning to sell my 2009 Fabia Ambiente Diesel. The car has done 62k kms till date. I approached the dealer for quote and he told that he will take my car for 3.3L.
Hello Narsi,

See used Car dealers will not offer for more than Rs. 3.3 lacs. This is so because they will do some denting painting job, basic servicing, tamper with ODO (not always) & then sell this Car for approx Rs. 4 / Rs. 4.25 lacs.

Now, if your time & patience permits, I will suggest to find a direct buyer (you may have to list your car on online used cars portals) who will definitely pay you minimum Rs. 3.8 lacs for this Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 18:40   #6845
BHPian
 
sarathlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 965
Thanked: 1,927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My friend is in the look out for a Vento.

The dealer meanwhile offered him a 2012 pre facelift model for an OTR of 10.8 whereas the new one is 11.6.
Can you please let me know your thoughts on the same?
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 18:42   #6846
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 53
Posts: 215
Thanked: 142 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello narsi,
Your father is somewhat right. 3.3L is too low by South Indian standards.A fair price would be in the region of 3.75L. From the point of view of a prospective buyer,this car is 3rd hand & not 2nd hand. This is bound to bring down the price.Try selling to a private buyer rather than approaching a dealer.
Although I must say, that in Mumbai, this car would have got max 3-3.25L.

Hope this helps,
varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Narsi,

See used Car dealers will not offer for more than Rs. 3.3 lacs. This is so because they will do some denting painting job, basic servicing, tamper with ODO (not always) & then sell this Car for approx Rs. 4 / Rs. 4.25 lacs.

Now, if your time & patience permits, I will suggest to find a direct buyer (you may have to list your car on online used cars portals) who will definitely pay you minimum Rs. 3.8 lacs for this Car.

Thanks,
Thanks Varun and Jignesh for your prompt reply. I tried to sell the car to the showroom itself. My uncle has a close relations with an used car dealer. Last time while selling a car I got a better offer from him. I have not tried him yet. Will speak to him and if he also gives me a similar quote, I will wait and try to sell to individual buyer. If nothing works out I will continue with this car for another 2 years. It has still got a lot of life in it. It is still in a very good condition
narsi_6989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 18:46   #6847
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
My friend is in the look out for a Vento. The dealer meanwhile offered him a 2012 pre facelift model for an OTR of 10.8 whereas the new one is 11.6.
Hello Sarathlal,

For a difference of Rs. 80000, I will definitely suggest to go for new one. Because the new version car will be 2013 manufactured while the pre-facelift model will be manufactured in 2012. This will mean a loss of almost of 10% of re-sale value when your friend plans to sell the car after couple of years.

Also it makes sense to buy the latest available model in market.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 19:56   #6848
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
My friend is in the look out for a Vento.

The dealer meanwhile offered him a 2012 pre facelift model for an OTR of 10.8 whereas the new one is 11.6.
Can you please let me know your thoughts on the same?
Suggestions would be vague unless we know your friend's requirement.

Facelift Volkswagen Vento has new black headlamps, new alloy wheels and a navigation system with rear view camera and Bluetooth.

These are also available aftermarket. If your friend is not planning to sell his car in another 5 years and above gadgets are not needy, he should go ahead with the offer.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 20:35   #6849
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 753
Thanked: 69 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am getting a Mahindra Scorpio SLE 4x2 (8 Seater) BS-3 for 8Lacs


Single Owner
Registration Month/Year: Jan 2010
Kilometers Run: 29,600
Color: Black with silver cladding

Is this price right ? if not then how much should one pay for it ?
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 20:59   #6850
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I am getting a Mahindra Scorpio SLE 4x2 (8 Seater) BS-3 for 8Lacs


Single Owner
Registration Month/Year: Jan 2010
Kilometers Run: 29,600
Color: Black with silver cladding

Is this price right ? if not then how much should one pay for it ?
Would suggest negotiating for 7.5 and settle for max 7.65-7.7 assuming car is in good condition otherwise and mileage is genuine. This is based on a 30% dep on approx on road price of a new BS3 SLe
By the SLE comes ONLY in 4X2
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 21:38   #6851
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by claxtoncorreya View Post

Did you get this car in bangalore for the price quoted? i am only finding VMT's for around 6.5 for the same year
Yes, this is in bangalore. I hunted for good 3 months before finding one. I'm sure you will find one soon. Try Craigslist, sulekha and likewise sites where owners post directly.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 21:41   #6852
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 142
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi All,
I am evaluating selling off my SUV :
Make :XUV 500
Model : W8
Reg : Gurgaon
Kms : 23000
Others : Teflon coating, Reversing camera, Rear bull bar, Overhead carraige, Zero dep insurance till Nov 2013, Double Floor mats
Colour : Black
What would be an appropriate price for the same given the increase in taxes on SUVs.

Many thanks in advance
cheers
Sid
look forward to views of all team-bhp members.... pls guide me, thx
Sid
sidwadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 23:03   #6853
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 481
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post

look forward to views of all team-bhp members.... pls guide me, thx
Sid
You haven't mentioned purchase/manufacturing date.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 00:48   #6854
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Hi All,
I am evaluating selling off my SUV :
Make :XUV 500
Model : W8
Reg : Gurgaon
Kms : 23000
Sid
Hello sid,
Since the car has covered 23Ks, I am assuming it to be a 2011 car,since people generally dont cover 23Ks in 4 months (had it been a Nov 2012 car),except if its HVK Sir!!
A fair price for your car will be in the region of 12~12.5L for a 2011 car &12.5~13L if its a 2012 car.

Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 01:17   #6855
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For everyone's reference,
Still in Delhi as of now, picked up a DL Registered Honda City VMT July 2012 model done 3500 kms in mint condition with Zero Dep Insurance/ Extended warranty/ Rear camera+sensors/ Anti rust coating for 7.5 L. with 3 free services still left. Not sure how. I think the old owner paid for it in advance or some dealer promotion.
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6141 11th December 2016 01:08
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks