Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 23:27   #6916
BHPian
 
Rasputin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Any idea on the best price for a 2009 Model Nissan Xtrail ( old shape, 2.2 Liter Engine ) in Chennai...The car has done less than 50k kms , Black and is PY registration .
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:39   #6917
Newbie
 
skyline_r34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hello everyone. I have been on the lookout for an auto sedan. I have come across a Vento AT, which has less than 4k on the odo. The downside of the car is that it already has 2 owners and I would be the third.

This deal has been brought to me by a broker who we have dealt with for the past decade and a half. So I tend to believe him when he says the car is in perfect running condition. The 1st owner upgraded his car within a year of purchase and the 2nd owner who currently has the car is moving out of the country.

But I'll still have to do my own homework. Other than checking with the insurance company and a paid inspection at a VW workshop + the standard PDI checklist, is there anything specific w.r.t. the Vento auto that I should be on the lookout for?

Our broker is against the purchase on the grounds that 5 years down the line a 4th owner euro petrol auto will fetch less than 1L. I don't consider that much as a downer as I intend to run the car for at least 7 years. The seller has indicated a price of between 5-6 lakhs.

What would be a fair price since i will be a 3rd owner? Is this deal worth getting into?
skyline_r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:56   #6918
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,539
Thanked: 7,991 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
This deal has been brought to me by a broker who we have dealt with for the past decade and a half. So I tend to believe him when he says the car is in perfect running condition. The 1st owner upgraded his car within a year of purchase and the 2nd owner who currently has the car is moving out of the country.

But I'll still have to do my own homework. Other than checking with the insurance company and a paid inspection at a VW workshop + the standard PDI checklist, is there anything specific w.r.t. the Vento auto that I should be on the lookout for?

Our broker is against the purchase on the grounds that 5 years down the line a 4th owner euro petrol auto will fetch less than 1L. I don't consider that much as a downer as I intend to run the car for at least 7 years. The seller has indicated a price of between 5-6 lakhs.

What would be a fair price since i will be a 3rd owner? Is this deal worth getting into?
Even before you start negotiating or even look at the car, try to get a printout of the service history.

Is the car still covered under warranty? Get the car checked from VW workshop, mainly for the Mileage and any signs of Accident repair. Also, when you are at VW workshop, try to compare the wear and tear of interiors, mainly Steering wheels and gear knob to cars with similar mileage on the odo. Manufacturing date and condition of tires might also be helpful.

I have no idea about the value of the car.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:02   #6919
Newbie
 
skyline_r34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Is the car still covered under warranty?
Yes it is. The car is 12-14 months old and VW have 2 year standard warranty on their cars.

Also is it possible to opt for extended warranty now?
skyline_r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:10   #6920
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,539
Thanked: 7,991 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Yes it is. The car is 12-14 months old and VW have 2 year standard warranty on their cars.

Also is it possible to opt for extended warranty now?
If the car is under warranty, there is not much to fear, except tampered odo or accidental or any other kind of damage.

AFAIK with VW/Skoda you can opt for extended warranty if till the car is covered under standard warranty, check with VW guys.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:19   #6921
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been on the lookout for an auto sedan. I have come across a Vento AT, which has less than 4k on the odo. The downside of the car is that it already has 2 owners and I would be the third.

This deal has been brought to me by a broker who we have dealt with for the past decade and a half. So I tend to believe him when he says the car is in perfect running condition. The 1st owner upgraded his car within a year of purchase and the 2nd owner who currently has the car is moving out of the country.

But I'll still have to do my own homework. Other than checking with the insurance company and a paid inspection at a VW workshop + the standard PDI checklist, is there anything specific w.r.t. the Vento auto that I should be on the lookout for?

Our broker is against the purchase on the grounds that 5 years down the line a 4th owner euro petrol auto will fetch less than 1L. I don't consider that much as a downer as I intend to run the car for at least 7 years. The seller has indicated a price of between 5-6 lakhs.

What would be a fair price since i will be a 3rd owner? Is this deal worth getting into?
Follow what anshuman has advised you. If it qualifies and you need this car then take it. Resale is relatively bad and do not pay anything more than 4.5-4.75 just to cut your losses in the long term. At that price you have nothing to loose if you keep it for next 7 years by then 3 owners will not matter. Remember such cars are hard to come by. Good luck.
zulfi hansi is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:52   #6922
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You are really hooked on to this car is see aren't you, which is good very few of us get what we want. BTW battery change in just 2 yrs is too early for a petrol car, try to know why. And what are you paying for it.
Thanks! Owner had left the car unused for about 6 months! all services were done at the A$$.

Oh well its too late now! she is home with me
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 23:04   #6923
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow

Thanks! Owner had left the car unused for about 6 months! all services were done at the A$$.

Oh well its too late now! she is home with me
Hey congrats thats a great buy I must say provided you keep the car for about 7years which is a long time and the depreciating factor too will be low over a period of 7years. Afterall it's only on paper that your the third owner but you have got a brand spanky new car with hardly 6k on the ODO. What's the price you got it at finally?
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 09:46   #6924
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Thanks! Owner had left the car unused for about 6 months! all services were done at the A$$.

Oh well its too late now! she is home with me
Hey congratulation. A longterm ownership of this car will be fun. What with so many different avatars you can experiment with. You can mod this car and leave behind dozens of vtechs in your dust trail. And not to forget will break your bank too.
zulfi hansi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 10:42   #6925
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,423 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Thanks for all your tips and guidance, guys. I helped my non-petrolhead friend sell his 2008 (July) i10 Magna 1.1 (~30,000 km) in Chennai for Rs. 2.45 lacs to a dealer.

The car was in very good condition and he could have probably got a few thousand rupees more if he sold it to a private buyer. But he was in a real hurry as he had to move to the Middle-East on job duties. This was the best deal we could get from the established dealers in Chennai and he got the DD almost immediately while completing the transfer formalities.

Last edited by RSR : 24th March 2013 at 11:05.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 22:17   #6926
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,200
Thanked: 472 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hey congrats thats a great buy I must say provided you keep the car for about 7years which is a long time and the depreciating factor too will be low over a period of 7years. Afterall it's only on paper that your the third owner but you have got a brand spanky new car with hardly 6k on the ODO. What's the price you got it at finally?
I am the second owner! close to 5.6L thanks
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:28   #6927
BHPian
 
indian21r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 708
Thanked: 222 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much can one expect for a single Owner August 2007 Verna CRDI SX ABS model that has run for 78,000 km in Hyderabad. We have recently changed all the suspensions, tires, Clutch and AC Evaporator Coil. All the servicing was done at Authorized Service Center. Body condition is good with minor scratches and one small dent.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 09:36   #6928
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

After running around sonata embera and hond accords, just found a Jan 2007 BMW 320i done 28500 kms. Asking price is 12.95 lacs from the dealer. How much is the car worth? If i buy the car i plan to keep it for at least 5 - 7 years.

Was the 320i launched as the regular variant or as corporate edition back in 2006-07?
claxtoncorreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 10:16   #6929
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

After running around sonata embera and hond accords, just found a Jan 2007 BMW 320i done 28500 kms. Asking price is 12.95 lacs from the dealer. How much is the car worth? If i buy the car i plan to keep it for at least 5 - 7 years.

Was the 320i launched as the regular variant or as corporate edition back in 2006-07?

Note from Support - Post moved to the appropriate thread. Please search and post in the relevant threads. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th March 2013 at 12:36.
claxtoncorreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 10:25   #6930
BHPian
 
avisidhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 570
Thanked: 379 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

A friend is looking for a pre owned diesel Punto in the NCR region. What should be the expected price range for a 2010 model emotion pack, with around 40K on the odo?
avisidhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks