Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 13:46   #7231
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hello bhpians,

Need a urgent valuation.
Vehicle details:
Chevy Captiva Jul 2008 model MT. Decent condition.
65K kms done. What would be a good price?

Forgive me if I am asking noob questions, what all expenses can i foresee in the near term for a vehicle done 65K. Tyers changed at 40K. How many more kms can i clock without hassles.
Any help on the above would be really helpful as we need to close the deal by tomorrow. One more info which i missed is the vehicle is registered in Bangalore. Thanks.
hardilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 16:01   #7232
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 78
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,

A friend of mine is moving abroad by the end of this month. And he wants to sell his 9-month old, 13k run Mahindra Verito D6 (bought for 8.5 lakh in Aug 2012) off. Authorized resellers like Mahindra First Choice are quoting way too low (5.5lakh) for this vehicle.

What price can he expect?

Note that it's a Hyderabad-registered vehicle.
vikred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 16:41   #7233
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Hello bhpians,

Need a urgent valuation.
Vehicle details:
Chevy Captiva Jul 2008 model MT. Decent condition.
65K kms done. What would be a good price?

Forgive me if I am asking noob questions, what all expenses can i foresee in the near term for a vehicle done 65K. Tyers changed at 40K. How many more kms can i clock without hassles.
A 2008 LT with 76k on the odo was recently sold for 8.8L in Gurgaon. The car was in excellent condition. For Bangalore probably around 9.5L would be a fair price if buying from owner directly and if the car has full service history. Definitely check service history for the vehicle as 65k looks like typical dealer car mileage to me.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 11:15   #7234
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
A friend of mine is moving abroad by the end of this month. And he wants to sell his 9-month old, 13k run Mahindra Verito D6 (bought for 8.5 lakh in Aug 2012) off. Authorized resellers like Mahindra First Choice are quoting way too low (5.5lakh) for this vehicle.
Hello Vikred,

That is very true about Authorized used car dealers. They offer really low price for used cars as their profit margins are higher.

If your friend's time schedule permits, suggest him to approach local dealers who may offer upto Rs. 6.4 lacs for this car & if he can find some direct buyers then the he can upto Rs. 6.8 lacs for his August 2012 Mahindra Verito D6.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 11:49   #7235
BHPian
 
jaibir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 313
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi, any idea what would be a fair price for a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 SXI with 27k on the odo in Bangalore? Supposed to be in mint condition. Wll be checking it out thoroughly to verify
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:17   #7236
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Hi, any idea what would be a fair price for a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 SXI with 27k on the odo in Bangalore? Supposed to be in mint condition. Wll be checking it out thoroughly to verify
Hello,

Rs. 4.5 to Rs. 4.6 lacs will be a good price for 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi with 27000 on ODO.

I will also suggest to have a look at 2009 / 2010 Maturi SX4 which will available in similar price band & is a much better car to own & drive.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:24   #7237
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I will also suggest to have a look at 2009 / 2010 Maturi SX4 which will available in similar price band & is a much better car to own & drive.

Thanks,
Sorry for going OT. But I guess, you haven't driven a fiesta 1.6, drive one and you won't say the above statement ever!

Better car to own, sx4 yes, but when it comes to drive, fiesta trumps sx4 the by a huge margin.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:46   #7238
BHPian
 
jaibir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 313
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Rs. 4.5 to Rs. 4.6 lacs will be a good price for 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi with 27000 on ODO.

I will also suggest to have a look at 2009 / 2010 Maturi SX4 which will available in similar price band & is a much better car to own & drive.

Thanks,
Thanks for your inputs Jignesh. On the SX4 comparison, I would go with Sameer's take - the Fiesta is a much more fun car to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Better car to own, sx4 yes, but when it comes to drive, fiesta trumps sx4 the by a huge margin.

Cheers,
Sameer
jaibir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:59   #7239
BHPian
 
SPEEDY_RACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 377
Thanked: 116 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be the best price of a Ford Icon Flair(1.3) 2005 model single owner pristine condition driven around 60,000 kms.

Owner is asking 1.5 lakhs(car is in bangalore, but its an AP registration Car). I have offered owner 1.2 lakhs and he is still not interested

what do Bhpians say?
SPEEDY_RACER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:55   #7240
BHPian
 
SlowRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cochin
Posts: 109
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello guys!
I'm trading my Santro for a Ritz soon. Can you please suggest a fair price for the car (for an individual buyer / local reseller)?
Details:
Hyundai Santro LP 1.0, 2002 model
beige colour with black bumpers.
Power steering and AC.
116000km done.
Single owner, no major accidents, just scratches. Full service history available.
No rattles. Brand new tires in the front.
SlowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 14:26   #7241
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
What would be the best price of a Ford Icon Flair(1.3) 2005 model single owner pristine condition driven around 60,000 kms. but its an AP registration Car). I have offered owner 1.2 lakhs and he is still not interested
Hello SPEEDY_RACER,

Would you really like to buy a 8 year old Ford Icon?
The price you have offer is good. Do not offer him more than Rs. 1.2 lacs. Also since you are based in Banglore & the car is registered in AP, hope you have considered the cost of getting it transferred in your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hyundai Santro LP 1.0, 2002 model. beige Colour with black bumpers. Power steering and AC. 116000km done.
Hello SlowRider,

You can expect maximum of Rs. 90,000 / 1,00,000 for your car if you manage to get a direct buyer.
Used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 75,000 for your 2002 Hyundai Santop LP with 1,16,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 23:57   #7242
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 117
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
What would be the best price of a Ford Icon Flair(1.3) 2005 model single owner pristine condition driven around 60,000 kms.

Owner is asking 1.5 lakhs(car is in bangalore, but its an AP registration Car). I have offered owner 1.2 lakhs and he is still not interested

what do Bhpians say?
Speedy Racer ,

Just for reference , my friends 2005 model , 1.6 , 26 k done , fully loaded with GPS and alloys went for 96K ( deal was done in 2012 june ) , AP car in BLR , 120K you have quoted is on the limit
Rovergen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 01:08   #7243
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
What would be the best price of a Ford Icon Flair(1.3) 2005 model single owner pristine condition driven around 60,000 kms.

Owner is asking 1.5 lakhs(car is in bangalore, but its an AP registration Car). I have offered owner 1.2 lakhs and he is still not interested

what do Bhpians say?
Was there anything special about the 1.3 ikon? Anyway I think you are being really generous in quoting such an amount for the car let alone for the car and where it is registered. Drop the offer and walk away. The owner might call you unless he traps some poor soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post


Hello SlowRider,

You can expect maximum of Rs. 90,000 / 1,00,000 for your car if you manage to get a direct buyer.
Used car dealers will not offer you more than Rs. 75,000 for your 2002 Hyundai Santop LP with 1,16,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Is that really possible? The car is more than a decade old and the fact that it has crossed the 100000km mark and that it has 2 old tyres don't help it either. I would think a good adjusting of door panels (usually recommend that to most old cars to take care of vibrations), wash and interior cleaning could help in fetching about 75-80k SlowRider

SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MULTI-QUOTE FROM MY PHONE.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th May 2013 at 07:31.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 01:42   #7244
BHPian
 
Venom_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 216
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Guys, Quick question - What will be the ideal buying price of 2008, 53K run Safari LX in Chennai? The vehicle seems to be in good condition, but is still running on original tyres.
Venom_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 09:38   #7245
Senior - BHPian
 
Mr.Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,407
Thanked: 1,200 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
Hi Guys, Quick question - What will be the ideal buying price of 2008, 53K run Safari LX in Chennai? The vehicle seems to be in good condition, but is still running on original tyres.
I was offered a similar condition Safari (2008/LX/Single Owner/48k) for 4.3L in end March. By any chance it is Pear white with TNxxxx707?
Mr.Boss is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6112 7th December 2016 13:36
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks