Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:05   #7426
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakt View Post
Hi. I plan to sell off my Hyundai i10 Era Petrol 2008 model.
Hello Deepak,
Your 1st post since you joined in 2008!! Better late than never!!

You can expect around 1.75-2L if you sell to a dealer & 2-2.25L if you sell to a direct buyer.
I suggest you sell the ICE separately or keep it for your next car.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:10   #7427
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 627
Thanked: 213 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

If you end up getting that car for 60k, it is a very good buy, IMHO; and Lancer is as reliable a vehicle as it can get. Finding spares may be problematic sometimes though.

An year ago I sold my 2001 single owner Lancer SFXI for 1.3 lac and found that the diesel versions of same vintage Lancer were going on sale for upwards of 2 lac here in Punjab.


Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Powertrain,
Yours well noted.
Sorry. I should have given details in my first post.

Hi Narayan,
Thanks your reply. It was not an issue of the price of diesel. The car just came up for sale and I was tempted. Like I said in my last post this will be a third car used for a max of 100 Kms per week and given to any of my friends to use when they come to visit rather than hiring a car at Rs. 1000/= per day. I know it's not advisable to buy a 10 year old car period, but, for 60K I thought it might be worth considering.
Regards,
SS
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:23   #7428
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Deepak,
Your 1st post since you joined in 2008!! Better late than never!!

You can expect around 1.75-2L if you sell to a dealer & 2-2.25L if you sell to a direct buyer.
I suggest you sell the ICE separately or keep it for your next car.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun. Appreciate the quick response. Posted the sale on classified sites. Hoping to get a positive response.
Planning to upgrade to a C2 sedan, so wont need the ICE i believe
deepakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 13:55   #7429
BHPian
 
suzuki san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Goa & Bombay
Posts: 447
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Dear SS,

Please check if the A/C is (was) running on R12, or R134a. If it was R12, you will need to replace many components to get it working with R134a.

Regards

Hi sschivate,

Many, many thanks for that snippet of information. Very valid point indeed.
I never even thought about that aspect!!
This is the great part of this forum.
Getting so many people's view points.
Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 16:04   #7430
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 336
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Need Advice.

Came across a Chevrolet Optra Magnum KA registered on carwale. Its a 2008 April, LT 2.0 TCDi model done 50000(?) kms as per the ad. The Dealer is asking 4.65L for it.

Is it a good deal? I hope to get some idea about the car and the deal before talking to the dealer.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 16:05   #7431
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 380
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys,

Some advice required please !!!

What would be the sale price of a used Honda City 1.8V MT 2008, 22000KMs run car?

Carwale is showing up as Rs.6.5 lakhs for a decently maintained car. How accurate will be this valuation?

Bala
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 17:35   #7432
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
What would be the sale price of a used Honda City 1.8V MT 2008, 22000KMs run car? Carwale is showing up as Rs.6.5 lakhs for a decently maintained car. How accurate will be this valuation?
Hello Bala,

Is the Car City or Civic?

If it is 2008 Honda Civic 1.8V MT with 22,000 then Rs. 5.5 lacs will be a maximum price that you can get in Bangalore.

For a same year Honda City Rs. 4 - 4.5 lacs will be a ideal price.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 18:21   #7433
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 380
Thanked: 139 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Bala,

Is the Car City or Civic?

If it is 2008 Honda Civic 1.8V MT with 22,000 then Rs. 5.5 lacs will be a maximum price that you can get in Bangalore.

For a same year Honda City Rs. 4 - 4.5 lacs will be a ideal price.

Thanks,
Thanks a lot Jignesh. Sorry, typo :( . Its Civic.
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 20:30   #7434
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,

Please help me understand how much should I quote for a swift ZXI 2008 model, white colour? Key features-
1. Car is well-maintained, in fair condition. few scratches but no dents. Regularly serviced.
2. I am second owner
3. Car has done almost 55000 Kms
4. All accessories working fine

Thanks.
RevItUp2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 22:36   #7435
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Bought Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD, 2010 Dec Model, 20000 KM done on ODO, for 540K.
There is news of Ground Clearance kit done by Fiat. Should i go for it? also want better ICE without changing HU. any lead?
Sadikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 10:36   #7436
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevItUp2013 View Post
Please help me understand how much should I quote for a swift ZXI 2008 model, white colour? I am second owner 3. Car has done almost 55000 Kms
Hello RevItUp,

Welcome to T-BHP.

You can quote between Rs. 3 to Rs. 3.25 lacs for your 2008 Maruti Swift ZXI with 55,000 kms on ODO & you being second owner.

I feel if you manage to close the deal for anything more than Rs. 2.8 lacs, it will be a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadikk View Post
Bought Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD, 2010 Dec Model, 20000 KM done on ODO, for 540K.
Hello Sadikk,

Rs. 5.4 lacs for 2010 December Fiat Linea with just 20,000 kms on ODO is a little on higher side, in my personal opinion. Did you bought it from direct seller or from some large Used car dealer who offer warranty?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 13:58   #7437
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello RevItUp,

Welcome to T-BHP.

You can quote between Rs. 3 to Rs. 3.25 lacs for your 2008 Maruti Swift ZXI with 55,000 kms on ODO & you being second owner.
Thanks Jignesh for the inputs. I have finalised the deal for 2.90 L.

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2013 at 11:38. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
RevItUp2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 14:52   #7438
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I was wondering if I could pick up a low mileage well kept pre-owned Skoda Yeti, not older than 2 years unless it is really low mileage. I tried and tried and also got two great deals which due to some reason or the other didnt come through. These cars were priced below 10L and had done really low mileages.

After that i haven't found a reasonably priced one. I wanted to inquire about what a reasonable price for such a vehicle would be. 13 or near abouts for a 2-3 year old car seems too much. Need some advice.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 15:03   #7439
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 27
Thanked: 18 Times
Default 2011 Ritz zx1

Hello all... I am a new BHPian from Mumbai, and a first time car buyer in India. Recently, a used Ritz ZXI (2011) has come to my attention. Except for seat covers and door lips, the car is completely stock. It looks like a good vehicle with about 26000 KMs on it. Insurance expires next month.

I am thinking of offering 3.5 lacs. Does this sound alright to the knowledgeable people on this forum?

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Additional info: At present, I don't clock more than 500 to 600 kms per month in commuting. Hence the decision to buy used. Maybe I will drive more if I have a car (the idea of driving from Mumbai to some place like Kerala has already crossed my mind).
mohansrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 16:51   #7440
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,807
Thanked: 1,804 Times
Smile Re: 2011 Ritz zx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Hello all... I am a new BHPian from Mumbai, and a first time car buyer in India. Recently, a used Ritz ZXI (2011) has come to my attention. Except for seat covers and door lips, the car is completely stock. It looks like a good vehicle with about 26000 KMs on it. Insurance expires next month.

I am thinking of offering 3.5 lacs. Does this sound alright to the knowledgeable people on this forum?

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Additional info: At present, I don't clock more than 500 to 600 kms per month in commuting. Hence the decision to buy used. Maybe I will drive more if I have a car (the idea of driving from Mumbai to some place like Kerala has already crossed my mind).
@mohansrides
You have posted in wrong section, the thread where you should have posted is attached. Pls ask mods to move the post to the correct thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ck-thread.html
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6118 8th December 2016 00:11
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks