Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 22:51   #7906
BHPian
 
ece2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 306
Thanked: 95 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

how much should I pay for the Linea 2011 TJet plus done around 25000 km (Chennai registration)?
ece2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 18:01   #7907
BHPian
 
ZinFluent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 41
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Came across another XUV500 with the following details :

Single Owner
April 2012 Model
W8 variant
54000 Kms on the odo
Full service history available
Individual seller, quoted 11.75L

What should be a good price for this?
ZinFluent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 18:13   #7908
BHPian
 
Meer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Dear All,

Happy Independence Day!

I have recently shifted to Bangalore and a close friend of mine is selling his Optra to me. Need your expert opinion on what is the good price for both the buyer and seller

Model: Optra Elite LS 1.6
Year: 2007
Condition: Excellent, I have seen the car in Pune as well and the condition is good
ICE: Blaupunkt music system with amp fitted
Tyres: 4 new michelin xm1 with OE rims

All pointers / guidance will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 18:35   #7909
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,587
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Dear All,

Happy Independence Day!

I have recently shifted to Bangalore and a close friend of mine is selling his Optra to me. Need your expert opinion on what is the good price for both the buyer and seller

Model: Optra Elite LS 1.6
Year: 2007
Condition: Excellent, I have seen the car in Pune as well and the condition is good
ICE: Blaupunkt music system with amp fitted
Tyres: 4 new michelin xm1 with OE rims

All pointers / guidance will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Happy Independence Day!

Cars like Optra petrol sold very few numbers and hence its difficult to assess the resale price. A good reference pt could be equivalent cars of thiss segment and I can think of a NHC. I have seen NHCs of 2006-2008 selling in the region of 2.5-3.5L. Hence you should look at a range of 2.25-2.5. Also is the car running Pune plates ? How many kms has it done ?
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 18:41   #7910
BHPian
 
Meer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Happy Independence Day!

Cars like Optra petrol sold very few numbers and hence its difficult to assess the resale price. A good reference pt could be equivalent cars of thiss segment and I can think of a NHC. I have seen NHCs of 2006-2008 selling in the region of 2.5-3.5L. Hence you should look at a range of 2.25-2.5. Also is the car running Pune plates ? How many kms has it done ?
Thanks Narayan, your quick response is much appreciated.

The car has run 38000 kms and my friend got KA-01 plates when he shifted to Bangalore 2 years back.
Meer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 18:47   #7911
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,587
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Thanks Narayan, your quick response is much appreciated.

The car has run 38000 kms and my friend got KA-01 plates when he shifted to Bangalore 2 years back.
Buying a car from a friend is always tricky. If you feel this car serves your purpose and you understand the fact that you will probably need another really close friend 2-3 yrs down the line to buy this car from you ( sorry no one else will ) then ask him what his expectation is.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 12:05   #7912
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
XUV500 Single Owner. April 2012 Model. W8 variant. 54000 Kms on the odo. Full service history available. Individual seller, quoted 11.75L
Hello,

Though 54,000 kms in 15 months is on higher side, but as full service history is available that is not much of an issue.

As the seller is an individual, I will suggest you to quote him Rs. 11 to Rs. 11.25 lacs for April XUV5OO W8 with 54,000 kms on ODO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
how much should I pay for the Linea 2011 TJet plus done around 25000 km (Chennai registration)?
Hello,

You can pay approx Rs. 6 lacs for 2011 Fial Linea T-Jet Plus with 25,000 kms on ODO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Model: Optra Elite LS 1.6. Year: 2007. Condition: Excellent, I have seen the car in Pune as well and the condition is good
ICE: Blaupunkt music system with amp fitted
Tyres: 4 new michelin xm1 with OE rims
Hello,

Frankly speaking I will suggest to avoid this car. As it is already 6 years old car & Optra's are known to give huge maintenance bills. There are many other options available in used car market for Rs. 2.5 to Rs. 3 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 12:38   #7913
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KA
Posts: 336
Thanked: 217 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hey Guys, have to sell my Brio as i am moving abroad for a long term.

Here are the details:

Car: Honda Brio S(o) MT (ABS and Aribags)
Model : 2012, June
OTR : 6,14,000
ODO: 11500KMS.

What should be my expected price. Looking forward to suggestions. Thanks.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 23:23   #7914
BHPian
 
iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 216
Thanked: 29 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much should I shell out for a
1982 Mercedes Benz W123 230E Automatic?
What about the spares for this model are they easily available?
I am aware that W123 Diesel's have similar engine that is being by Force motors so spares are available for the diesels. Can anyone give clarity for the petrol ones
iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 12:43   #7915
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 228
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My BIL is looking to buy Jan 2012 Wagon R VXI with 10000 kms on the ODO. The car is in excellent condition.
The owner is quoting 3.5 lakhs. Owner is a relative hence I think he has very limited room for bargaining.
Let me know if this is a good price.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 16:59   #7916
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Car: Honda Brio S(o) MT (ABS and Aribags)
Model : 2012, June
OTR : 6,14,000
ODO: 11500KMS.
Hello Shiv,
Unfortunately, a car loses it's max value in the first 18 months. You can expect around 4.25-4.5L, max 4.75L for your car.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
My BIL is looking to buy Jan 2012 Wagon R VXI with 10000 kms on the ODO.
Hello AT,
I find the price of 3.5L to be quite reasonable. Since the seller is a relative, your BIL has better understanding of it's service history. And that's a huge advantage.
Try to bring down the price to about 3.25L, but my advice will be not to leave the car for 10-20K's , if the car's good.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 17:44   #7917
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
My BIL is looking to buy Jan 2012 Wagon R VXI with 10000 kms on the ODO. The car is in excellent condition.
The owner is quoting 3.5 lakhs.
Hello,

Firstly I feel Rs. 3.5 lacs is a high price for a 19 months old WagonR Vxi.

Just to give you a perspective last year in March 2012, I bought September 2010 (19 months old) WagonR Vxi with 17,000 kms on ODO for Rs. 3.10 lacs from a used car dealer.

Still if the seller is your relative & car is in excellent condition, you shall offer nothing more than Rs. 3.25 lacs for the car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 19:36   #7918
ADH
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default

I am thinking to sell my Wagon R Petrol which is 2005 model. I have been not using the car much as I had upgraded and kept the car as second option at home. It has done till date 45000 km approx till date . It is in original silver colour condition . What would be a fair value I can expect if I were to consider selling it ?
ADH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 22:17   #7919
BHPian
 
petroguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be approx. price range of palio 1.6gtx's from 2001-2005?
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 22:57   #7920
BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 169 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADH View Post
I am thinking to sell my Wagon R Petrol which is 2005 model. I have been not using the car much as I had upgraded and kept the car as second option at home. It has done till date 45000 km approx till date . It is in original silver colour condition . What would be a fair value I can expect if I were to consider selling it ?
Hi,
Here in chennai 2005 Wagon R top-end will fetch anything from 1.4 to 1.5L, hope it helps!
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6102 6th December 2016 12:26
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks