Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:46   #7936
BHPian
 
Abhi_abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 267
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Some companies allow moving a old car to company leased plan if it was under the employee's name.
This is something new I heard of. Thank you for the suggestion. I will ask my colleague to check for this option.
Abhi_abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:39   #7937
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 711 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

We wish to sell our Swift Lxi (2008 model) which has done 45,000 kms. It is HR 26 (Gurgaon) registered and we live in South Delhi which is where we are trying to sell it.

The tyres were changed at 40k and now its equipped with Michelin's XM1+ 185/70 R14.

What should be a decent asking price for it?
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:37   #7938
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
We wish to sell our Swift Lxi (2008 model) which has done 45,000 kms.
Hello F69,
A Swift Lxi 2008 will fetch around 2-2.25L, IMO. Quote a price of around 2.5L & settle for the above price.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:39   #7939
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 711 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello F69,
A Swift Lxi 2008 will fetch around 2-2.25L, IMO. Quote a price of around 2.5L & settle for the above price.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun. As luck would have it, one prospective buyer visited today morning and I just got a call from home that he quoted 1.75 L for the car. I was also thinking that it should be at least 2 lacs if not less but 1.75 lacs is a little disappointing.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:46   #7940
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
one prospective buyer visited today morning and I just got a call from home that he quoted 1.75 L for the car.
Hello F69,
Just spoke to my friend in Delhi. He told me that Lxi's go for around 1.8-2.1L, depending on the car's condition.
How's the condition of your car? If you can seal the deal for 1.9L, it's a decent deal.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:51   #7941
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 711 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello F69,
Just spoke to my friend in Delhi. He told me that Lxi's go for around 1.8-2.1L, depending on the car's condition.
How's the condition of your car? If you can seal the deal for 1.9L, it's a decent deal.

Regards,
Varun
The interiors are top notch however the exterior right side is completely repainted and there are small dents in the rear fender so from outside one would say the condition is decent (not too good but definitely not the typical delhi car with dents / scratches all over).

I'll put forward 2.0 L as my asking price, lets see where we settle. I think we shouldn't have gotten these expensive tyres just 5k kms back. They cost us 4.5k per tyre but rarely one would appreciate new fat Michelin's against the stock 165 JKs.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:09   #7942
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 54
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi All,

Need your advise on what I can get for my car which I am planning to sell:-

1) Chevorlet UVA LS
2) Single Owner
3) Alloy wheels & Yokohama Tyres changed at 45 K
4) Current reading - 72K
6) Car model Nov 2007
7) Interior well maintained, exterior original paint scratches & minor dents on both passenger side door.
8) Running condition excellent, only seviced at ASC and all parts changes as per service book at required intervals.

Reason for selling - want to upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sunit
sunit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:08   #7943
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello A,
Since you don't want a car with high maintenance or spares issues, it rules out the first 4 options. The safest bet among the cars you've shortlisted is the Baleno. Although the maintenance is not very cheap, spares should not be a problem. The max I will pay for this car is 1.75-2L. I presume that you have the complete service history of the car.

Your other option in sedan's is the Hyundai Accent. You can get decent car's for around 2.25-2.75L

However you seem to have answered your own question. With a monthly usage of 500 Kms, do you really need a boot? If not, then the best car for you is the Swift. It's a Maruti, is fun to drive & efficient too. But you will have to increase your budget to about 2.75-3.25L.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun. Yes, I suppose Swift could also be considered but I had not given much attention to the hatchbacks yet.

I thought that Petra spares would not be difficult as it uses the Palio platform and it has run quite less till now. Is that not the case? I am not too worried about resale value as I would be buying cheap and sell cheap.

I don't have much about Optra - from what I have been reading on the forum it is a dependable solid car though slightly underpowered? I did drive it and felt smooth.

Thanks again.
anushuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 14:28   #7944
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: Once
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

So, I'm planning on picking up a pre-owned Laura TSi (For the sheer power of it). I just bought a new Vento Highline (Petrol) a month ago. Can't get my head around the idea of a diesel. FYI, the Laura will be a replacement for my 7 year old Swift!

Anyway, I have 2 options:

1. '09 Aug TSi - ~50K on the ODO, Immaculate condition, tyres replaced a week ago. FSH, company maintained, single owner - Approx. 5.75L (After negotiations).

2. '10 Aug TSi - ~30K on the ODO, Good condition (need some fender work and new tyres in around 5K km). FSH, company maintained, 1 year of Skoda Shield left, single owner - Approx. 6.7L (After negotiations).

I've seen both the vehicles, but haven't TD'd either of them yet. Both sales are through Individual sellers, no dealers involved. The '10 is White (it's what I'd prefer).

Any suggestions? Both variants will come with the rain sensing wipers, fog lights and auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I'm confused as to which one to consider. Assuming suspensions are good on both, the difference of approx. 20K km is quite steep, not to mention the added advantage of Skoda Shield for a whole year. Comp insurance on both, the first one's valid for a whole year.

I'd appreciate any input from a VFM POV.
Unrealistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 16:40   #7945
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 428
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
So, I'm planning on picking up a pre-owned Laura TSi (For the sheer power of it). I just bought a new Vento Highline (Petrol) a month ago. Can't get my head around the idea of a diesel. FYI, the Laura will be a replacement for my 7 year old Swift!

Anyway, I have 2 options:

1. '09 Aug TSi - ~50K on the ODO, Immaculate condition, tyres replaced a week ago. FSH, company maintained, single owner - Approx. 5.75L (After negotiations).

2. '10 Aug TSi - ~30K on the ODO, Good condition (need some fender work and new tyres in around 5K km). FSH, company maintained, 1 year of Skoda Shield left, single owner - Approx. 6.7L (After negotiations).

I've seen both the vehicles, but haven't TD'd either of them yet. Both sales are through Individual sellers, no dealers involved. The '10 is White (it's what I'd prefer).

Any suggestions? Both variants will come with the rain sensing wipers, fog lights and auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I'm confused as to which one to consider. Assuming suspensions are good on both, the difference of approx. 20K km is quite steep, not to mention the added advantage of Skoda Shield for a whole year. Comp insurance on both, the first one's valid for a whole year.

I'd appreciate any input from a VFM POV.
Buying a used car is always a gamble and it's very tough to find a genuine one. I recently purchased a civic AT, and it had perfect papers with service history. Car ran well for 9 months before the autobox went kaput. Anyways, in the case you presented, Both seem fair and equally depreciated. Low milage is always preferred, suggest to take TD and see which one feels better. If you plan to keep for few years, 2010 model makes sense especially when the car has a year of shield left.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 19:46   #7946
Newbie
 
othelloinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

The'10 tsi it is...Please take some with some knowledge of cars when you go to check the cat out. The petrol tsi's are generally bought by enthusiasts and are generally driven really hard. Check if the apron pillars are all in place and the lines look good. Watch out for any weird sounds while going, through pot holes or bad roads. The engines generally last long and so does the turbo so that shouldnt really be am issue. Its an expensive car to maintain and service so do a thorough check up
othelloinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 20:46   #7947
nmo
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushuks View Post
Hi all.

I am planning to buy a used car.

Budget - 2-2.2 lakhs, lesser the better.
Usage - 500 KM per month approx, usually city driving, occasional out of town trips.
Location - Bangalore

The cars which I have short-listed are -

1. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (2005 model) petrol - 45000 km, 2nd owner, has the care since 5 years, 1st owner was an individual, not a broker. Cars condition is fair, would need to change the Gear Shift cover, rear-view mirror etc - quoted 2.5 lakhs - need to negotiate
2. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (Jan 2008 model) petrol - 38000 km, 2nd owner. Car is in excellent condition. Quoted 3.7 lakhs. Yet to negotiate
3. Fiat Petra ELX 1.6 (2005 model) - 40,000 km, 1st owner. Car is in good condition. Asking 1.5 lakhs. Yet to negotiate
4. Mitsubishi Lancer - 2003 model - 50000 km, 2nd owner - 1.6 lakhs (Last price)
5. Baleno - 2005 model - 63000 - 3rd owner - 2.5 lakhs (Yet to negotiate)

Please advice which would be the best car of these? or should I look at a Fiat Palio or Swift as well? I also don't want to buy a car for which maintenance would be high or spares tough to get.

Thanks in adanvce!
You could also look at Hyundai Accent. I just sold my Hyundai Accent (Noida Registration) 2006, 72K km for Rs 1.7 L with CNG kit. The car would have easily done another 30K km without any major expenses, the running costs are low due to the CNG kit and the 1.5L Petrol Engine has enough punch to give decent city drivability on CNG.
nmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 20:50   #7948
Senior - BHPian
 
sameerg001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dwarka, Delhi
Posts: 1,499
Thanked: 416 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post

You could also look at Hyundai Accent. I just sold my Hyundai Accent (Noida Registration) 2006, 72K km for Rs 1.7 L with CNG kit. The car would have easily done another 30K km without any major expenses, the running costs are low due to the CNG kit and the 1.5L Petrol Engine has enough punch to give decent city drivability on CNG.
I sold my accent 2001 august, done 95k kms, 2nd owner for 1.13l a month back. The car was in good condition, with new tyres Michelin, new headlamp and tail lamps. But needed clutch and suspension work, it was on stock After all.

And ya obviously with Cng. The car was awesome and was a joy to drive, I still miss her.
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 20:09   #7949
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 229
Thanked: 137 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much should i expect for july 2010 linea emotion Pk diesel, 63000 run, good condition, tyres changed at 50000, michelins.. Bossa Nova White. chandigarh registration?
manasmadaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 20:17   #7950
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 1,481 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
How much should i expect for july 2010 linea emotion Pk diesel, 63000 run, good condition, tyres changed at 50000, michelins.. Bossa Nova White. chandigarh registration?
Resale of Fiat's is not really good in this region.
You can expect around 4-4.5L(max)
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks