Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 21:51   #8041
BHPian
 
petroguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Thanks again theg2 and rsr.

I was of the idea that the indica, being the fast moving model it is, would always find a buyer relatively easily. Hence i was considering to take the plunge. I am also on the look out for V2 models.

And, when was the indica V2 lanched exactly??

Last edited by petroguzzler : 4th September 2013 at 22:02.
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 22:20   #8042
BHPian
 
mohitk1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Manipal
Posts: 81
Thanked: 69 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post

I was of the idea that the indica, being the fast moving model it is, would always find a buyer relatively easily. Hence i was considering to take the plunge. I am also on the look out for V2 models.
Despite being a fast moving model, it is best you avoid such old examples and stick towards the new ones. Other than the problems TheG2 and RSR have suggested, Old Indicas with high mileages are also known to suffer from compression problems; opening up the engine and getting it rebored would be a hassle, IMO.
mohitk1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 22:53   #8043
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 625
Thanked: 144 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
@coolkurt, the prices in chennai seem to be on the higher side. And what could be had for around 1lakh in the used car space???
Probably a Santro, even a hyundai accent f you up the budget a bit to 1 lakh. Both are more reliable than an indica, atleast the older generation.
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:31   #8044
BHPian
 
lightinin95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 134
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Thank you folks for the responses. Much appreciated.

There is a new car already in its place and hence cannot retain it and nor there is parking space. I guess, will try to settle in for min 50-55K to a buyer who genuinely uses it.

Cheers, Sam
Hi,

Deal done today @ 50k. Given the fuel price scenario, it was better to dispose than to retain the petrol Indica..

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 23:33   #8045
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,442 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Thanks again theg2 and rsr.

I was of the idea that the indica, being the fast moving model it is, would always find a buyer relatively easily. Hence i was considering to take the plunge. I am also on the look out for V2 models.

And, when was the indica V2 lanched exactly??
Relatively new Indica diesels would have no problems finding buyers when the first owner wants to sell it, because there is a large cab/fleet market that will readily absorb these Indicas. But these fleet operators know a lot about the Indica, its history & its problems and they would avoid buying older models, especially the pre-V2s.

It's best to avoid the pre-V2 Indicas, unless one can find an Indica 2000 Mpfi (which guzzles petrol) at a very low throw-away price. Petrol Indicas/Indigos have diesel-derived engines which are under-stressed and therefore run without causing problems (for a Tata engine). My current car is a petrol Indica Xeta (2007 model), which I got after trading in the earlier DLE (I know ) and its resale value is laughable, so I'll probably use it till it comes apart. Any way, this is immaterial since you are only looking at diesels.

If I remember correctly, the V2 diesel was launched sometime in 2001, probably around March/April. The V2 petrol wasn't launched simultaneously, but a few months after that. There are plenty of Indica V2 diesels in the market, and you should be able to find one that suits you. Always bargain hard for any Indica (any Tata vehicle, for that matter), don't rely on its odo and avoid the ones which were used as cabs.

Last edited by RSR : 4th September 2013 at 23:41.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 12:29   #8046
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 936
Thanked: 1,420 Times
Default

My friend is considering a used Linea. Facts :
It's an Oct 2010 Silver Diesel Linea in Bangalore, maintained OKishly, its done 23,000km.

In what range should he pay? Is 5L ok?
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 15:08   #8047
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
My friend is considering a used Linea. Facts :
It's an Oct 2010 Silver Diesel Linea in Bangalore, maintained OKishly, its done 23,000km.
Hello GN,
You have not mentioned the variant that your friend is considering? If it's E-Pack, it can be a good deal @ 5L. Some more details will be welcome like service history, accident history etc.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 15:20   #8048
BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 936
Thanked: 1,420 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello GN,
You have not mentioned the variant that your friend is considering? If it's E-Pack, it can be a good deal @ 5L. Some more details will be welcome like service history, accident history etc.

Regards,
Varun
Its the Emotion variant. Not Emotion PK. Claimed accident free, he's going to get the service history checked tomorrow.

Suspiciously, it has some rusting on the driver door. I'll check it out tomorrow & confirm coz generally that's not possible as the steel must be galvanized.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 23:56   #8049
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Dear sailor,
Anything between 2.5-3 lakhs should be a great deal. How much is the seller quoting? It has a sunroof?
Yes
Seller has quoted 3.5 L.
Yes it does have sunroof. Tyres too are new. I had 3 lac on my mind but now I am leaving India and don't wish wifey to run around hence dropped the idea.
sindabad.sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 14:34   #8050
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PKD CBE BLR
Posts: 29
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am getting a good deal on a Fiat Punto. So am think of stretching my Budget of 3.5L for petrol sedan.

Fiat Punto Emotion Pack (Black)
  • Model 2011, Registered Jan 2012
  • Extended Warranty till 2016
  • KM Run : 28500 (Second free service of 30k pending)
  • Few minor scratches, which I think a rub with rubbing compound and polish will make it as good as new
  • Didn't see any accident cover up.
  • Tyres should run another 7-10,000 km
  • Reverse Sensor w/ camera, No other mods. Body cover included
  • Asking price 4.9L

What do you guys think ?
iWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 16:29   #8051
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,751
Thanked: 1,490 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
I am getting a good deal on a Fiat Punto. So am think of stretching my Budget of 3.5L for petrol sedan.

Fiat Punto Emotion Pack (Black)
[*] Model 2011, Registered Jan 2012[*] Extended Warranty till 2016[*] KM Run : 28500 (Second free service of 30k pending)[*] Few minor scratches, which I think a rub with rubbing compound and polish will make it as good as new[*] Didn't see any accident cover up.[*] Tyres should run another 7-10,000 km[*] Reverse Sensor w/ camera, No other mods. Body cover included[*] Asking price 4.9L


What do you guys think ?
Errrr Punto/Sedan do you mean a Linea???
Is it a Petrol or MJD?
akshay4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 17:14   #8052
BHPian
 
petroguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 302
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

New Query:

I have seen two cars with my mechanic for sale.

The first was an esteem, 2001 model LX, single owner. The condition looked good.

The second was a baleno, 2004 model, lxi, single owner and its condition was very good. Are the prices okay??? And between the baleno and the esteem, which one would be more driver centric???
petroguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 19:40   #8053
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PKD CBE BLR
Posts: 29
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Errrr Punto/Sedan do you mean a Linea???
Is it a Petrol or MJD?
1.3 MJD Grande Punto, Diesel

Last edited by iWonder : 6th September 2013 at 19:47.
iWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 20:33   #8054
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: roaming
Posts: 134
Thanked: 14 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Folks,

Help required, a friend is contemplating purchasing an Aveo - details
Oct 2007, model - LS, done 60K, italian CNG kit fitted, cashmere colour, 2nd owner, Gurgaon registered. The asking price is 2.3 Lakhs, please advise on this deal !
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 20:46   #8055
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,751
Thanked: 1,490 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks,

Help required, a friend is contemplating purchasing an Aveo - details
Oct 2007, model - LS, done 60K, italian CNG kit fitted, cashmere colour, 2nd owner, Gurgaon registered. The asking price is 2.3 Lakhs, please advise on this deal !
That is an extremely high price,i wont pay more than 1.5L,if the car is in very good condition.
akshay4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6122 9th December 2016 00:14
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks