Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 17:41   #8431
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,588
Thanked: 801 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Hey fellas...

quick question.

Tata safari 2008 registered LX version 70k kms run (black)
Fiat linea 2009 registered 1.3 MJD emotion+ version. 42.3k kms run (maroon/red)

Both delhi registered and with full service histories.
Both spectacular to drive.
Any ideas on price?
Safari Lx exshowroom is around 8.5lakhs if I am not mistaken. pls calculate the on road price presently at Delhi ( also factor the huge discounts ) and then pls apply a 60-70% depreciation. one of the members had recently posted the price of a Safari he picked up in Bangalore if I recall right. pls use that as reference
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 18:10   #8432
BHPian
 
roy_libran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 966
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Hey fellas...

quick question.

Tata safari 2008 registered LX version 70k kms run (black)
Fiat linea 2009 registered 1.3 MJD emotion+ version. 42.3k kms run (maroon/red)

Both delhi registered and with full service histories.
Both spectacular to drive.
Any ideas on price?
2008 Safari LX with high mileage (Yes, 70k is high mileage for this vehicle) should be tops 3-3.5 lac. Not a penny more.
An equivalent age and model of Scorpio would be 5 lacs approx.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 18:42   #8433
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Safari Lx exshowroom is around 8.5lakhs if I am not mistaken. pls calculate the on road price presently at Delhi ( also factor the huge discounts ) and then pls apply a 60-70% depreciation. one of the members had recently posted the price of a Safari he picked up in Bangalore if I recall right. pls use that as reference
Bangy's terrible with on road costs, because of their ridiculous tax structure, but thanks anyways!


Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
2008 Safari LX with high mileage (Yes, 70k is high mileage for this vehicle) should be tops 3-3.5 lac. Not a penny more.
An equivalent age and model of Scorpio would be 5 lacs approx.
Thanks for the heads up.


Any thoughts for the Linea, guys?
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 12:04   #8434
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Tata safari 2008 registered LX version 70k kms run (black)
Fiat linea 2009 registered 1.3 MJD emotion+ version. 42.3k kms run (maroon/red)
Hello BTB,
Unfortunately both Tata & Fiat are depreciation disasters, so you will lose quite a sum.

Safari - Around 3-3.25L if sold to a dealer & around 3.5-3.75L if sold to an individual.

Linea - Around 3L if sold to a dealer & around 3.5-4L if sold to an individual.

If I were you, I would retain the Linea. It's done only 43K's, so it has a lot of life left in it.And it looks gorgeous too!!

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello all,
What would be the appropriate price for a 2003 Maruti Zen VXi in pune? The car has done about 90k kms? The car is in a good condition and is a relatives car.
Hello AK,
0.60-0.75L is a fair price for a 10 year old Zen, if the condition is good. And since it's a relative's car, I presume that you know the history of the car,

Quote:
Slightly OT- how many kms should a Zens engine last without overhauling?
There is no specific answer to this question. It all depends on how the owner treats the car.I've seen M800's with no overhauling @ 1.8L kms. Also Maruti engines are pretty reliable. So I don't foresee an engine overhaul if the previous owner treated it well.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What can I expect for a Verna petrol AT, sept 2011, Odo at 14k kms, Delhi registration , White colour.
Hello M,
I'm presuming that you want to buy the Verna, right?
I'm not too aware of Verna AT prices in Delhi, but I presume that a price of around 10.5-11L seems fair. However, I could be wrong.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 12:22   #8435
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,170
Thanked: 2,940 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello M,
I'm presuming that you want to buy the Verna, right?
I'm not too aware of Verna AT prices in Delhi, but I presume that a price of around 10.5-11L seems fair. However, I could be wrong.

Regards,
Varun
No my friend wants to sell. The price you mentioned is wrong. He got it for 11.xx OTR 2 years back. Petrol AT would have a terrible resale. He needs a bigger vehicle like Duster since he was just blessed with 2 little ones a month back.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 12:30   #8436
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No my friend wants to sell. The price you mentioned is wrong. He got it for 11.xx OTR 2 years back. Petrol AT would have a terrible resale. He needs a bigger vehicle like Duster since he was just blessed with 2 little ones a month back.
My bad. I quoted the price for a Verna Diesel AT. A petrol AT should be in the region of 7L, if sold to a dealer.

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 6th November 2013 at 12:32.
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 12:38   #8437
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 324
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Time for that all important sell or keep decision - how much can I expect for i10 K2 Sportz AT 2010, non accidental done just 19K km ? Car is in great condition. With small AT's becoming the new flavor as second car in congested urban cities, resale cant be as bad as earlier
JishD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 12:42   #8438
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 437
Thanked: 373 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello AK, 0.60-0.75L is a fair price for a 10 year old Zen, if the condition is good. And since it's a relative's car, I presume that you know the history of the car, There is no specific answer to this question. It all depends on how the owner treats the car.I've seen M800's with no overhauling @ 1.8L kms. Also Maruti engines are pretty reliable. So I don't foresee an engine overhaul if the previous owner treated it well. Regards, Varun
Thanks for your reply! We have decided against it as zen is small for us. We found it uncomfortable. This would be primarily used by me and by dad when he is in India for holidays. And even grandparents Found it uncomfortable for ingress. This being my practise car we are looking for old and cheap ones. Looking out for a wagon-r Or santro now! Cheers!
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 19:25   #8439
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 504
Thanked: 320 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

One of my colleagues is about to buy a used Verna. He is trying to finalize on 3.4L. Wanted to check if its a good buy?

I TD the car and did not find any problems. I am not an expert though, hence checking here.

Car details,
Make/Model/Year of Manufacture/Fuel
Hyundai Verna Sep 2008 - Petrol

Color: Real Earth
Kms done: 37,000 - 38,000
Insurance: Paid Sep 2013 2014 (Rs. 11,000)

Interiors:
G-Sport Leather covers
Kenwood Audio system with 4 speakers
Rear defogger
Birla 3 M cooling paper - 40% transparent

Exterior:
Birla 3 M under chassis treatment done
Premium Number 9949

Driver (owner): Single

Tyres appear to be in pretty good condition. Can run for another 5,000 - 10,000 kms.

He has all the service records and as per him there is no accident. There are very minor scratches around, I believe its expected to happen in Bangalore traffic.

Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_007.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_011.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_013.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_004.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_005.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-wp_20131014_009.jpg  

500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 19:35   #8440
BHPian
 
bIte tHe bulLet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 438
Thanked: 240 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

If I were you, I would retain the Linea. It's done only 43K's, so it has a lot of life left in it.And it looks gorgeous too!!

Regards,
Varun
Thanks doh. Believe it or not, I couldn't bear to watch them being loaded onto the trailer in Bombay for the ride back to Delhi (and I'm ashamed to say I looked away too)

They are both in absolutely spectacular shape - save for the damned cops making my life a living hell in Bombay for the out of state regn.

I was quoted 1+ and change per car to transfer to Bombay regn and that just refused to make sense...(apart from the headache and greasing of palms) And I don't see myself return to Delhi in the foreseeable future.

I'm really really going to miss these two rides, for the fun I've had with them.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 11:45   #8441
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Time for that all important sell or keep decision - how much can I expect for i10 K2 Sportz AT 2010, non accidental done just 19K km ? Car is in great condition. With small AT's becoming the new flavor as second car in congested urban cities, resale cant be as bad as earlier
Hello JD,
Sorry to break your bubble, but I believe that you will get a price you want only if you can find a buyer who appreciates the convenience of an AT & is willing to pay for it. A used car dealer will try & squeeze the last rupee from you.
You can expect around 2.5L if you sell to a dealer & around 3L if you can find an individual.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser;3286036
Car details,
[B
Make/Model/Year of Manufacture/Fuel [/b]
Hyundai Verna Sep 2008 - Petrol
Hello 500CC,
On the face of it, looks like a clean car. Although 3.4L seems a bit on the higher side, even by Bangy standards. I see a VFM price of around 3L.

Check for any insurance claims. A quick way of doing this is to check for NCB(No Claim Bonus) on the current insurance papers. Since the car is 5 yrs old, NCB should be 50%. If it is less than this, it means that this car was involved in an accident & there has been an insurance claim.

Do not pay anything extra for any of the interior /exterior acc. mentioned by you. They are pretty much standard.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 12:02   #8442
BHPian
 
alabjarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Request input - what is a fair price that I can expect for my Honda Civic, details below:

--> Model: Honda Civic 1.8 MT V
--> Month of purchase: April 2008
--> Kilometers run: Nearing 40,000
--> Location: Bangalore, KA-03 registration
--> Ownership: Single owner, however was in company lease earlier and now transferred into self's name, so RC records will show as second owner
--> Condition:
a) Very well maintained, with detailed service record. Bit of polishing & buffing would make it look as good as new
b) New set of tyres, run 5000 kms
c) Carefully driven, no accidents ever
d) 40000 kms service done, no near-to-medium term expected
--> Insurance: Comprehensive, with no claims ever. Coverage in effect till Apr 2014
--> Fuel & kms / litre: Petrol, usually gives around 9 kms in city and 14-15 kms in highway.

Thanks in advance.
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 12:46   #8443
BHPian
 
anks_at's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Request input - what is a fair price that I can expect for my Honda Civic, details below:

--> Model: Honda Civic 1.8 MT V
--> Month of purchase: April 2008
--> Kilometers run: Nearing 40,000
--> Location: Bangalore, KA-03 registration
--> Ownership: Single owner, however was in company lease earlier and now transferred into self's name, so RC records will show as second owner
--> Condition:
a) Very well maintained, with detailed service record. Bit of polishing & buffing would make it look as good as new
b) New set of tyres, run 5000 kms
c) Carefully driven, no accidents ever
d) 40000 kms service done, no near-to-medium term expected
--> Insurance: Comprehensive, with no claims ever. Coverage in effect till Apr 2014
--> Fuel & kms / litre: Petrol, usually gives around 9 kms in city and 14-15 kms in highway.

Thanks in advance.
Your description does suggest good maintainance & condition of the car. Additionally, 40k service is a major service (on the City it is, same on Civic?) & you have got it done & have reasonably new tyres too. All that works to your favor.
The car will be considered having 2 owners already. You probably wont be able to do anything much on that aspect if selling off to a dealer (that is how it is). A more reasonable individual might consider it though.
Another disadvantage that you will have is that the Civic is no longer an active model in India. This erodes the value in the used car market.

I think you can easily expect something around 5.25-5.50 lakhs from a dealer. Cant comment if the absurdity of prices in Bangalore would fetch you maybe more or not.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 13:02   #8444
BHPian
 
500ContyCruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KA25
Posts: 504
Thanked: 320 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello 500CC,
On the face of it, looks like a clean car. Although 3.4L seems a bit on the higher side, even by Bangy standards. I see a VFM price of around 3L.

Check for any insurance claims. A quick way of doing this is to check for NCB(No Claim Bonus) on the current insurance papers. Since the car is 5 yrs old, NCB should be 50%. If it is less than this, it means that this car was involved in an accident & there has been an insurance claim.

Do not pay anything extra for any of the interior /exterior acc. mentioned by you. They are pretty much standard.

Regards,
Varun

Thanks Varun.

Got an update that there has been an insurance claim in 2011. It was claimed for shaft change. It was changed due to vibration. He says the quote given was 5,000. I doubt anyone would claim insurance for 5,000 and loose on NCB

Find something fishy here.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 7th November 2013 at 13:04.
500ContyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 14:02   #8445
Senior - BHPian
 
Jignesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Eindhoven, NL
Posts: 1,601
Thanked: 927 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
It was changed due to vibration. He says the quote given was 5,000. I doubt anyone would claim insurance for 5,000 and loose on NCB. Find something fishy here.
Hello,

Frankly speaking I will suggest your fiend to aviod the car. As the price is on the higher side & the car is already 5 year old. Also the model is discontinued & availability of spare parts in long term will be an issue.

Along with the insurance claim in 2011, the purpose of which is not clear, I will suggest to aviod this car.

I will futher suggest to look for 2008 / 2009 Maruti SX4 which will be available in similar price range.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6143 11th December 2016 10:08
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks