Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th February 2014, 16:43   #8941

Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

hey

Please do let me know if you have any inputs on the quote below

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersam View Post
Hi

I am looking at a Mar 2012 Vento Highline Diesel with 39K on the odo, looks in reasonably well condition. The asking price is 8.1L. What should be a reasonable price for this car?
ridersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 18:31   #8942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersam View Post
Please do let me know if you have any inputs on the quote below

Hello,

Rs. 7.5 lacs to Rs. 7.75 lacs will be a appropriated price for March 2012 VW Vento Highline with 39,000 kms on ODO & in good condition.

Hope no claim bonus is available on insurance policy.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 21:55   #8943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw1 View Post
Any advice on what I should expect for a Oct 2007 purchased Honda City ZX GXi MT? Condition is mostly pretty good - no accidents. Clutch is hard and may need replacing (was quoted Rs 15k @ the service center). The steering rubberized material is wearing off and shedding in crumbs. Minor scratches/dents/paint wear-off etc here and there. I was offered 2.2 L (max) at First Choice used car dealers. Reg : Mumbai.
With respect to honda ..gem of an engine ,jewel of a car stands right. Problem is not with gem,it's the jewel,you can't change the dash board and steering wheel just because it's worn out and the other way you would not like your car to be in such condition,I would not.so try to negotiate and get the price down ,and the no of Kms ? If it's less than 50000 go for it.just go to scrap market and buy another steering wheel,it's over.
Wrt to clutch,I am sure you can overhaul it for much less in other good workshops.

But no of Kms should decide the purchase

Last edited by joshguy : 18th February 2014 at 21:57.
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 22:02   #8944
Senior - BHPian

How much should I expect for my 2009 Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion?
2nd Owner
63k on odo
Flamenco Red color
Good condition

Looking for an upgrade, but not decided on the next car though.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 10:55   #8945

Thanks Jignesh for your inputs. Actually, the insurance has expired on the car. Would have to factor that as well in the quote.
Old 19th February 2014, 11:49   #8946

Mod Note: Duplicate post deleted. Please wait for your newbie post to get approved by a moderator and do not post multiple times. Thanks!

Last edited by noopster : 19th February 2014 at 20:29. Reason: Duplicated post deleted
Old 19th February 2014, 14:54   #8947
BHPian

Hello guys, would love to have your advice on the how much I can expect of my car as I am planning for an upgrade.
It's an 2008 Swift - Lxi, White, Fair Condition (with a few scrapes here and there) with complete service history.
Mileage is 56,000. Tyres replaced @ 50,000 Kms.
I know much cannot be expected on the accessories, but I would like to list them anyways. Had installed all 4 Power windows, Central locking and Art leather seats (All Maruti Genuine Accessories).
Also got a doubt, the RC shows me as a second owner, but the transfer was from father to son. Initially, the car was bought in my father's name, but he expired in 2010 so got the vehicle transferred to my name. Does this affect the cost?

Last edited by Mahesh Prasad : 19th February 2014 at 14:57. Reason: Service History missing.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 15:51   #8948
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Hello guys, would love to have your advice on the how much I can expect of my car as I am planning for an upgrade.
It's an 2008 Swift - Lxi, White, Fair Condition (with a few scrapes here and there) with complete service history.
Mileage is 56,000. Tyres replaced @ 50,000 Kms.
I know much cannot be expected on the accessories, but I would like to list them anyways. Had installed all 4 Power windows, Central locking and Art leather seats (All Maruti Genuine Accessories).
Also got a doubt, the RC shows me as a second owner, but the transfer was from father to son. Initially, the car was bought in my father's name, but he expired in 2010 so got the vehicle transferred to my name. Does this affect the cost?
Being 2nd owner in RC will affect the resale value if you trade with dealer or 3rd party. This can be avoided to an extent if you sell this within close circle of family or friends. Ultimately, the next owner will be shown as 3rd in his RC.
Regarding price, 2.5 to 3 is fair.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 16:47   #8949
BHPian

Is 6.5L a good price for a Bangalore-registered Oct '11 Vento AT?
It's done 25K Km on the odo, valid comp. insurance until Oct '14 and has been serviced just about a month ago. The tires are in reasonable condition and should last another 10K Km at least. The spare tire is unused.
Had a short test drive today. The car's pretty smooth and couldn't notice anything really amiss.
ozzyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 16:58   #8950

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
With respect to honda ..gem of an engine ,jewel of a car stands right. Problem is not with gem,it's the jewel,you can't change the dash board and steering wheel just because it's worn out and the other way you would not like your car to be in such condition,I would not.so try to negotiate and get the price down ,and the no of Kms ? If it's less than 50000 go for it.just go to scrap market and buy another steering wheel,it's over.
Wrt to clutch,I am sure you can overhaul it for much less in other good workshops.

But no of Kms should decide the purchase
Don't know how i forgot to mention the Kms. Its clocked almost 77k.
paw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 18:02   #8951
BHPian

i've just been wondering

how much should an immaculately maintained "july 2010 white Skoda laura 2.0 tdi, elegance, MT, done about 1.1 lac kms with complete service history/records" sell in the market?
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 19:03   #8952
BHPian

May 2011 Laura TSI - the one without foglamps batch - 25K done - individual owner - Mumbai, assuming everything is impeccable - what price? I was thinking of offering 7.5 max with upper limit of 7.8.
d_himan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 19:46   #8953
BHPian

June 12, White Wagon R - CNG, Decent condition - no accident with 17K Odo with 4 year maruti extended warrenty. What should be Selling price?
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 23:06   #8954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
June 12, White Wagon R - CNG, Decent condition - no accident with 17K Odo with 4 year maruti extended warrenty. What should be Selling price?
Hello,

You can expect approx Rs. 3.5 lacs for your June 2012 WagonR CNG with 17000 kms on ODO.

Used car dealers will offer a even lower price for the car. Try to search for a direct buyer for the car who may offer a better price.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 10:48   #8955
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Planning to sell my December 2007 Swift Ldi sometime this year. It has done 1.31 lakh kms!
Its in reasonably good condition apart from the rattles & has been maintained well as it is my everyday car. How much can i expect ?
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote