Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 21:01   #9196
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 435
Thanked: 358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

Asking this for a close friend of mine. What is the fair price for buying a Ssanyong Rexton, April 2013, run for about 9500kms, full loaded top most diesel variant. Help will be greatly appreciated!

As the brand and car both are new to this country it is difficult to decide a price in the used market. The carwale used valuator suggest anywhere between 18.5-20 lakhs for the RX7 in Mumbai . I would say anywhere between 17.5-19 lakhs should be good. Please do check accidental and service records if there are any. Any known reason why the owner is selling the car just within the first year of ownership?
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 21:07   #9197
BHPian
 
wanderlustindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What is a fair price for a 4.5 years old Fiesta 1.6 S, run 65000 kms, single owner? A friend is looking to sell his in the near future.
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 22:04   #9198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

Asking this for a close friend of mine. What is the fair price for buying a Ssanyong Rexton, April 2013, run for about 9500kms, full loaded top most diesel variant. Help will be greatly appreciated!

Best to stay away from the Rexton. Never know what problems it can give you at a later stage. Spending 19L you can as well pay little more and buy peace of trust with the Fortuner.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 00:03   #9199
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,833
Thanked: 1,609 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Have received a quote of Rs 2.30 lakhs from a buyer for my 2007 Swift Ldi done 1.36 lakh kms. Car is in reasonable condition apart from the rattles.
As per Carwale's Used Car Valuation Report, price expected is around the 3lakh mark.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 06:59   #9200
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 1,481 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking at a used Linea Emotion pack, 2010 done 35k on the odo. The guy's asking for 5L. What do you reckon I should close it for? This is in Bangalore.

Akshay, i gather you got a used linea. Your verdict? And what should I look out for when I check the car out?
Yeah i got a used Linea,have clocked 65K on it in 28 months
5L for a 2010 is on the higher side.
4.3-4.5 should be a good deal at your location.
Take the car on a open road and push it till 3K RPM at least in 3rd gear and check for excessive smoke from exhaust.Take it on a broken road and notice for any noises and sounds from suspension.Also make sure that AC and Blue and Me are working normally.

Linea is underrated,but driving it around town can be a pain due to Short first 2 gears and a long clutch play action.
Out on the highway its a good performer.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 07:02   #9201
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,775
Thanked: 394 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yeah i got a used Linea,have clocked 65K on it in 28 months
5L for a 2010 is on the higher side.
4.3-4.5 should be a good deal at your location.
Take the car on a open road and push it till 3K RPM at least in 3rd gear and check for excessive smoke from exhaust.Take it on a broken road and notice for any noises and sounds from suspension.Also make sure that AC and Blue and Me are working normally.

Linea is underrated,but driving it around town can be a pain due to Short first 2 gears and a long clutch play action.
Out on the highway its a good performer.
Thank you! I just intend to slap on a tuning box right away on it. I will check on the other things as well.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 07:43   #9202
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 1,481 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thank you! I just intend to slap on a tuning box right away on it. I will check on the other things as well.
Get it Remapped.
A better option than a tuning box.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 14:18   #9203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Planning to buy a ford figo :

2011 Feb Model, Duratorq Titanium, 50k on the odo, new set of Michelin XM2 tires. What should be a reasonable price for this car in good condition ?

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 25th April 2014 at 14:28.
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 15:22   #9204
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,775
Thanked: 394 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Also looking at a used 2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium done about 10k on the odo. The guy's asking 5.5L. What do you reckon I should offer?
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 19:54   #9205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA/bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What is a fair price for a '11 laura TSI in B'lore, done 34K kms? with 3rd party insurance. how much can I offer?
thx
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 21:55   #9206
BHPian
 
HotChillyPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bang_a_lore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 215 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For 2009 Nov Honda City V-AT driven only for 27600 kms at Bangalore how much should I pay for? Vehicle is in good condition. All tires are worth another 10K.

I have offered 5.5 lacs, but owner is insisting 6.25.

Thanks
HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 13:41   #9207
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 559
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Planning to buy a ford figo :

2011 Feb Model, Duratorq Titanium, 50k on the odo, new set of Michelin XM2 tires. What should be a reasonable price for this car in good condition ?
Hello S2S,
An ideal VFM price should be around 3.5-3.75L. If it's in a very good condition then, Max-to-max 4L. Not a penny above.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Also looking at a used 2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium done about 10k on the odo. The guy's asking 5.5L. What do you reckon I should offer?
Hello RL,
2 years & only 10k on the odo is nothing!!
Since it's a titanium version, I think its an honest price. Although if you can bring the price to around 5.25-5.3L then you've got early Diwali Bonus.

Regards,
Varun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
What is a fair price for a '11 laura TSI in B'lore, done 34K kms? with 3rd party insurance. how much can I offer?
thx
Hello R,
You've not mentioned the trim variant of the TSI. Skoda petrol have very dismal resale values. Also the Laura has now been discontinued. So I presume the price should be around 7-7.5L.

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
For 2009 Nov Honda City V-AT driven only for 27600 kms at Bangalore how much should I pay for? Vehicle is in good condition. All tires are worth another 10K.

I have offered 5.5 lacs, but owner is insisting 6.25.

Thanks
HCP
Hello HCP,
5.5L is a pretty good offer for a car that has been recently discontinued. 6.25L is way too high. However if you want a City,I suggest that you wait for another 6 months. Prices WILL reduce further.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 13:58   #9208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA/bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 24 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello R,
You've not mentioned the trim variant of the TSI. Skoda petrol have very dismal resale values. Also the Laura has now been discontinued. So I presume the price should be around 7-7.5L.
Regards,
Varun
Thx Varun for the input, it's an ambient version.
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 17:18   #9209
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,775
Thanked: 394 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post



Hello RL,
2 years & only 10k on the odo is nothing!!
Since it's a titanium version, I think its an honest price. Although if you can bring the price to around 5.25-5.3L then you've got early Diwali Bonus.

Regards,
Varun
Yep that's approximately what I paid. Thanks! :-)
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 20:49   #9210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 132
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello S2S,
An ideal VFM price should be around 3.5-3.75L. If it's in a very good condition then, Max-to-max 4L. Not a penny above.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun, Thats the figure I had in mind, offered 3.8 and waiting to hear from the seller. will update if the deal goes through..
s@tan2s@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks