Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 20:21   #9406
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: India
Posts: 88
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Only 28k KM run, and all 4 tyres already need replacement? Pls give it a thought.
Some of the premium vehicles have this thing of tyres running for about 20000 kms only. Don't know why though.
arihant jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 20:45   #9407
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 38
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Some of the premium vehicles have this thing of tyres running for about 20000 kms only. Don't know why though.
Wanted to add, the tyres have the the tread which looks genuine, however I am suggesting replacement as even though its done 28k, 7 year old tyres would have become hard and would need replacement.
Hashmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 21:24   #9408
BHPian
 
one-77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 357
Thanked: 198 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Only 28k KM run, and all 4 tyres already need replacement? Pls give it a thought.
Tyre wear depends on how much torque the tyres need to handle (some cars can burn through the tyres in less than 10,000 kms), the make of the tyre (some Michelins, Pirellis etc last less than 25,000 kms by default), the type of tyre (soft rubber=easy wear) and the roads they are used on, besides of course the nature of the driver (boy racer=easy wear). Also the tryes in this case are seven years old.
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 21:51   #9409
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Tyre wear depends on how much torque the tyres need to handle (some cars can burn through the tyres in less than 10,000 kms), the make of the tyre (some Michelins, Pirellis etc last less than 25,000 kms by default), the type of tyre (soft rubber=easy wear) and the roads they are used on, besides of course the nature of the driver (boy racer=easy wear). Also the tryes in this case are seven years old.
There is a huge diff of torque in petrol vs diesel, same car, especially in the ~2000 rpm range. By this logic, all diesels should have faster tyre wear. Diesels are heavier, that is one factor, I didn't understand the tourque theory though.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 22:45   #9410
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 148 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Chennai registered and located
Diesel Fabia top end
End 2010 model, Skoda maintained, bumper to bumper insurance,
Run about 55k km, single owner
Impeccable looking. Gives around 14 kmpl in city.
Owner upgrading.
How much should he sell at ?
fiestarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 14:49   #9411
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

I own a Bhopal registered Polo petrol - trendline variant 2011 which has clocked ~42k kms and is pretty well maintained with all the service history available with me. Tyres were changed at 35k mark.I am the second owner of this car. What would be a fair price to expect?

Also I have come across a 10months old Skoda Rapid Ambition AT which is hardly 10months old and has clocked 9000kms. The current owner has installed alloy wheels, reverse parking sensors etc. Is it advisable to go for a Rapid AT What is the approximate loss in fuel economy MT vs AT? Basically I don't absolutely need an AT but after seeing this car I was wondering if I should try an AT.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 15:11   #9412
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

A colleague wants to sell her Hyundai i20 Diesel Asta in Bangalore.
Silver, October 2012 registered, On-Road was 8.4 lakhs.
Car has done only 10,000 km.

How much can she expect? She would prefer a private sale.

EDIT: Carwale estimates 7.07-7.33 lakhs, T-BHP IBB estimates 5.28-5.72 lakhs. Don't know who to believe!

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 17th June 2014 at 15:27.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 16:52   #9413
lsp
BHPian
 
lsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 378
Thanked: 178 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends what would be a fair price for
Delhi registered
Nov 2010
Hyundai i10 sports (VTVT)
done almost 50k

The car belongs to someone known and hasnt had any major accident.
Minor scratches do exist and tyres are near the end of their life.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Took it for evaluation to a car dealer who wasn't going beyond 2.25-2.30L
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 18:39   #9414
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
A colleague wants to sell her Hyundai i20 Diesel Asta in Bangalore.
Silver, October 2012 registered, On-Road was 8.4 lakhs.
Car has done only 10,000 km.

How much can she expect? She would prefer a private sale.

EDIT: Carwale estimates 7.07-7.33 lakhs, T-BHP IBB estimates 5.28-5.72 lakhs. Don't know who to believe!
I think 7L should be a good price to expect. I would go closer with Carwale. T-bhp prices look more like aligned to the Mumbai market. The re-sale prices are far higher in South India owing to greater taxes (Chennai & Bangy).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th June 2014 at 18:40.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 19:15   #9415
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 226 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

7L for that i20 is a bit optimistic in my opinion. It is nearly two year old and 7L is more than 80% of the original on road price. Even considering the Bangalore and diesel factor that still is very low depreciation. I think around 6L should be more like it in terms of a final closing price.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 20:32   #9416
BHPian
 
OneToughRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: KA-51 & DL-11
Posts: 66
Thanked: 43 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Friends what would be a fair price for
Delhi registered
Nov 2010
Hyundai i10 sports (VTVT)
done almost 50k

The car belongs to someone known and hasnt had any major accident.
Minor scratches do exist and tyres are near the end of their life.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Took it for evaluation to a car dealer who wasn't going beyond 2.25-2.30L
I think 2.30L is a fair price for a 2nd hand i10 petrol sports, DL registration. A close friend bought a 2011 sports i10 month back in Abohar (Punjab) for 2.30 L. Its a new car (but old model) stocked with Hyundai dealer.
OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 21:25   #9417
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 627
Thanked: 213 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

If I remember correctly, carwale estimate is based on the asking price of vehicle which is not necessarily a true picture of what price the car is sold at.

I'd say no more than 6 lac would be a fair price, after all it is a 2 year old vehicle and a major refresh is not too far away which will leave this vehicle a generation older soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
A colleague wants to sell her Hyundai i20 Diesel Asta in Bangalore.
Silver, October 2012 registered, On-Road was 8.4 lakhs.
Car has done only 10,000 km.

How much can she expect? She would prefer a private sale.

EDIT: Carwale estimates 7.07-7.33 lakhs, T-BHP IBB estimates 5.28-5.72 lakhs. Don't know who to believe!
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:05   #9418
BHPian
 
sam_sant2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 435
Thanked: 102 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Missed the previous Innova which I had posted few days back. But now purchased another one.

2012 Nov model VX. Single owner, run just 10000 kms (ten thousand. yes rare find). As fresh as new!
Price - 15.3 lacs (Nandi uTrust, Toyota Certified with 2 yrs warranty. Overpriced yes, but didnt want to miss this one due to fresh feel and not even a single scratch)
sam_sant2005 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 11:05   #9419
BHPian
 
kisharchit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 282
Thanked: 328 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
I think 2.30L is a fair price for a 2nd hand i10 petrol sports, DL registration. A close friend bought a 2011 sports i10 month back in Abohar (Punjab) for 2.30 L. Its a new car (but old model) stocked with Hyundai dealer.
I just sold my 2011 i10 Sportz Automatic for 3.15 in Delhi and it was even a HR26 registered. Try getting more and target individuals.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 14:38   #9420
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Missed the previous Innova which I had posted few days back. But now purchased another one.

2012 Nov model VX. Single owner, run just 10000 kms (ten thousand. yes rare find). As fresh as new!
Price - 15.3 lacs (Nandi uTrust, Toyota Certified with 2 yrs warranty. Overpriced yes, but didnt want to miss this one due to fresh feel and not even a single scratch)
Congratulations sam_sant2005 on getting the car of your choice. Nandi uTrust seems to have a good stock of used Innovas. Here is Pune, at DSK Toyota, you come across a used Innova once in a blue moon. Though I can see Innovas in every nook and corner of the city, it seems no one is selling those. If at all they are, then nothing is coming to uTrust and majority of them are exchanging hands through local agents.
AutoIndian is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6112 7th December 2016 13:36
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks