Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 11:55   #946
BHPian
 
forbhaskarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 205
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Please help. I have a meeting with two of these guys in the evening. It will really be helpful if I can bargain with them with some knowledge about the market behind me. Please Please Please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Friends,
I am on a look out for a used Optra Magnum TDCi or a Sonata Embera CRDi. This is what is available. Please let me know if anyone of them is a fair deal or perhaps whats the best price that I should quote for either of them?

Optra Magnum Tdci (Both are dealer cars)
##1. 2007 model, 22000 Km done, Haryana registration, LT variant, 1 previous owner, price asked for Rs. 6.65 lakhs, Platinum colour, Dealer is Mahindra First Choice - Vasant Vihar, New Delhi

##2. 2007 model, 15000 Km done, Delhi registration, Red colour, LS variant, 1 previous owner, price asked for Rs. 6.9 lakhs

Sonata Embera CRDi (Individual owner)
##1. 2007 model, 28000 Km done, Real Earth colour, Delhi registration, AT with Leather seats, Price asked for Rs. 8.6 Lakhs

advise.
forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 12:06   #947
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,923
Thanked: 726 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
very very strange considering the fact that it has been mentioned multiple time across the forum reg the obscenely high resale prices quoted in Hyderabad. but then if u really find good cars at this price, good for u.
The price quotes are still obscene, but breaking these guys is also very easy. The sales rep at dr cars spoke for us to the seller, First we quoted 1.15lacs for that lancer. then he pretended to be a fresh buyer, said he is ready with cash and can make immediate payment. so the seller said ok as this car was there in their yard for more than a month.

@unknownsatan

I just came to gods own country after satyam fiasco , befor that, till march i was there in hyderabad
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 12:09   #948
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,586
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

forbhaskarm - i would do the below

1) pm/speak some magnum TDCI owners and chek on typical problem areas ( what cud go wrong, when, how much it costs etc ) and check those in the said cars

2) what is the current on road price of these variants ? i would apply a depreciation of 25-30% for the optras and 40-45% for the embera

3) check service records for any specific out of normal work done and then use that as negotiation point assuming its not a major repair work

4) assuming every thing is in order ( lets say car is perfect, service records perfect, pricing ok etc etc) and assuming ur a serious buyer wanting to pick up the car in a short while, offer a price 40-50k lower than dealer has proposed and show willing ness to close the deal. most likely u mite end up with a middle point

sorry i do not have any Optra specific advise to give


@pramod - the prices are VERY VERY LOW - i guess u meant obscenely low ? tell me any other state where u can get a OHC VTEC ( i think they were made from 2000/1 onwards ) or a 2001 1.5EXI at that price. unless there is something seriously wrong with those cars

Last edited by narayan : 17th July 2009 at 12:11.
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 16:05   #949
Senior - BHPian
 
Unknownsatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,302
Thanked: 1,360 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
@pramod - the prices are VERY VERY LOW - i guess u meant obscenely low ? tell me any other state where u can get a OHC VTEC ( i think they were made from 2000/1 onwards ) or a 2001 1.5EXI at that price. unless there is something seriously wrong with those cars
From what i have heard,Delhi is the cheapest one. There also i dont think you will get it at this price. Btw,all the prices mentioned are very low. I am wondering whats the scene.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 19:22   #950
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 403 Times
Default Market value not worth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
GTX Owned by this forum users are typically well cared for.

Whatever may be the state of the car GTX is very expensive to maintain both running (Doesn't give more than 8kmpl) and maintenance cost. The spare part availability is a big Question mark. Our service centers run out of common parts and make you wait for weeks to get those parts. Your car may spend more time in the Garage then or road. With all these constraints IMHO any price over 1.25 L for a 7 year 85000 km car is overpriced.
Heyy you are seriously OT, this thread is not about what you or I think is the true worth of a car. It is about the price the car commands in the market. AND the Palio 1.6, notwithstanding what people think is the FE or cost of ownership or competence of the A.S.S. commands a certain price as stated here on TBHP. Incidentally, the GTX/S10 is never picked up by the cost conscious, nowadays it is the enthusiast who is looking for a "purer motoring experience" who is buying the GTX & S10, the afficandos prefer the older Palios to the Stile.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 17th July 2009 at 19:24.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 23:26   #951
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 100
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi Folks,

Need to give the guy a reply soon, pls. help
shekharlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 10:58   #952
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Friends,
I am on a look out for a used Optra Magnum TDCi or a Sonata Embera CRDi. This is what is available. Please let me know if anyone of them is a fair deal or perhaps whats the best price that I should quote for either of them?

Optra Magnum Tdci (Both are dealer cars)
##1. 2007 model, 22000 Km done, Haryana registration, LT variant, 1 previous owner, price asked for Rs. 6.65 lakhs, Platinum colour, Dealer is Mahindra First Choice - Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
##2. 2007 model, 15000 Km done, Delhi registration, Red colour, LS variant, 1 previous owner, price asked for Rs. 6.9 lakhs

Sonata Embera CRDi (Individual owner)
##1. 2007 model, 28000 Km done, Real Earth colour, Delhi registration, AT with Leather seats, Price asked for Rs. 8.6 Lakhs

advise.
Price seems to be okish for all the vehicles, though sonata's price seems to be on higher side.

Though i would suggest to take the veichle no. and inquire from GM is the Kms claimed are original or not. Usually dealer veichle's kms are tempered one, specifically Diesel on.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 11:38   #953
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Heyy you are seriously OT, this thread is not about what you or I think is the true worth of a car. It is about the price the car commands in the market. AND the Palio 1.6, notwithstanding what people think is the FE or cost of ownership or competence of the A.S.S. commands a certain price as stated here on TBHP. Incidentally, the GTX/S10 is never picked up by the cost conscious, nowadays it is the enthusiast who is looking for a "purer motoring experience" who is buying the GTX & S10, the afficandos prefer the older Palios to the Stile.

Cheers,
Does it mean what you say reflects the market and not someone else. If you go by websites like Carwale (which usually gives higher price for a used car) you see that 2002 model which have run much less <50K kms are going for 1.25 L.

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale.com

Anyway one should go by statistics and logic rather than emotions. It is clear that a used Palio GTX 1.6 commands on a average a very low market price.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 11:45   #954
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Opel exchange offer

Just saw this exchange offer ad (in Mumbai ToI edition today) for all Astra, Corsa, Sail owners. Is this the right price that they are offering?
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-opel-offer.png  

nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 00:46   #955
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 403 Times
Default No debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Does it mean what you say reflects the market and not someone else. If you go by websites like Carwale (which usually gives higher price for a used car) you see that 2002 model which have run much less <50K kms are going for 1.25 L.

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale.com

Anyway one should go by statistics and logic rather than emotions. It is clear that a used Palio GTX 1.6 commands on a average a very low market price.
Relax, I have not given my opinion and, there is no emotion involved.

I have given concrete examples and nothing I have said is prefaced with "IMHO". I have given links to the thread where the price actually paid was given, it is there for anyone to read. No, the link I gave is not to the web-site of a 2nd hand car dealer but is to a thread on this very forum where two members have entered into a transaction. I too bought a GTX in April 2009 from the classifieds on this very forum, the whole amount was paid by Demand Draft, I am however not in a position to disclose the price as I have not sought the seller's permission to do so.

I have in the past year, seen a few GTXs and some were quoting around 1.0 L, I however walked away from these cars as their condition was not satisfactory. Please re-visit my earlier post wherein I have stated things quite clearly - the price depends on the condition, city, accessories etc. of the car. I have also specified that the prices mentioned by me were for a GTX in good condition.

It might be sheer co-incidence, but the prices mentioned by me for the 1.6s tally with the prices quoted for the 1.6s in the link supplied by you.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 09:32   #956
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

Market value of 2002 Palio 1.6 is 1.2 to 1.3 for 50K kms or less and not for 85K kms car. I do not want to prolong this discussion further. data speaks for itself.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 11:12   #957
BHPian
 
prsnck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 6 Times
Default 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven - Right offer

Hi OHC lovers,

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June 2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and tyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final offer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind says nothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to this guy.

Thanks
prsn
prsnck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 22:39   #958
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 137
Thanked: 4 Times
Cool Sold my santro 99 to auto-terrace

hi guys,
i sold my santro 1999 (euro 2) to auto-terrace (honda) for Rs 70000/-. final parting pics of my beloved santro
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-oldsantro.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-dscf2894.jpg  

drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 22:47   #959
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 2,586
Thanked: 798 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi OHC lovers,

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June 2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and tyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final offer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind says nothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to this guy.

Thanks
prsn
2.75 shud be just fine for a car in the condition you mention. most people who go for a 2nd hand performance car go for the VTEC/1.5OHC/BALENO. so the demand for the 1.3 would be low. this shud help you bargain hard.

i would have infact started at 2.5
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 23:12   #960
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hi all, could someone shed some light on this:
2000 Model, Lancer top end (SFXi). 81K on the ODO.
After market fitments :Good FFE, Pioneer Audio 6 way speakers.
Rest everything stock. Engine condition is good. Body requires
denting, replacement of both bumpers and a fresh coat of OEM paint.
How much should, say, I buy it for.
My answer would be: 1.5 L
OR
Should I even consider buying this car ?
Please tell me your views on this.
Highly appreciate this!
Thanks!
Bump! Anyone on this one ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks