Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 10:11   #9661
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Question re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello Guys,

My Brother @ 25Yrs is looking for a pre-owned hatchback. His daily usage is around 100 kms in Bangalore and occasional highway driving.

Requirements-
Diesel
Reliable
Pocket friendly to maintain
& these all within a max budget of 4 Lakh.

I am personally thinking of Swift and Ritz. If there are any other kindly suggest.

It'll be more helpful if you have had any good experience with the pre-owned dealers then share me the contact details.

Thanks.
KING DYSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 10:15   #9662
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Get yourself a well maintained Swift Ldi/Vdi according to your requirements and you should be good for the next 5 years. Do check the service details of the car as well as the condition of tires and mechanicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello Guys,

My Brother @ 25Yrs is looking for a pre-owned hatchback. His daily usage is around 100 kms in Bangalore and occasional highway driving.

Requirements-
Diesel
Reliable
Pocket friendly to maintain
& these all within a max budget of 4 Lakh.

I am personally thinking of Swift and Ritz. If there are any other kindly suggest.

It'll be more helpful if you have had any good experience with the pre-owned dealers then share me the contact details.

Thanks.
CountMe91 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 10:16   #9663
BHPian
 
ToyotaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Meerut
Posts: 313
Thanked: 155 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Hello Guys,

My Brother @ 25Yrs is looking for a pre-owned hatchback. His daily usage is around 100 kms in Bangalore and occasional highway driving.

Requirements-
Diesel
Reliable
Pocket friendly to maintain
& these all within a max budget of 4 Lakh.

I am personally thinking of Swift and Ritz. If there are any other kindly suggest.

It'll be more helpful if you have had any good experience with the pre-owned dealers then share me the contact details.

Thanks.
Why not look at a new beat diesel LS if the budget is a bit flexible. Good diesel hatchbacks are hard to find in the used car market and they are mostly atrociously priced. A used swift D within 4 lakh would have done a lot of running and at 100km a day it won't last very long before it starts giving trouble.
You may get a good ford Figo or a Fiat punto in the budget.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:01   #9664
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Why not look at a new beat diesel LS if the budget is a bit flexible. Good diesel hatchbacks are hard to find in the used car market and they are mostly atrociously priced. A used swift D within 4 lakh would have done a lot of running and at 100km a day it won't last very long before it starts giving trouble.
You may get a good ford Figo or a Fiat punto in the budget.
Spot on ToyotaFan. Old Swift's build is poorer than most hatches. For 4L only old Swifts can be bought. They rattle like anything and don't appreciate when taken on long drives. For sure a used Swift would start giving trouble in no time. A Figo would be cheaper to get, and even a Titanum diesel could be found for 4L. Beat diesel should also be available in that range. Punto should be a little costlier. My take is i20>Swift>Punto>Figo>Beat on the cost front, Beat's tiny diesel and Punto's clutch/gearshift make Figo the best proposition.
Also, we are at teambhp, at least we should not think about getting a car with no ABS/airbags. Investing 50k more for an elongated life is totally justified.
Moreover, the used car market is not very kind on the top variants, which means there wouldn't be any major price diff. b/w a mid and a top variant. This makes the top variant even more VFM in used market. Though, lesser are available.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:30   #9665
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Spot on ToyotaFan. nd don't appreciate when taken on long drives.
Could you please elaborate?
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 13:20   #9666
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Smile re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Why not look at a new beat diesel LS if the budget is a bit flexible. Good diesel hatchbacks are hard to find in the used car market and they are mostly atrociously priced. A used swift D within 4 lakh would have done a lot of running and at 100km a day it won't last very long before it starts giving trouble.
You may get a good ford Figo or a Fiat punto in the budget.
Sorry buddy. Initially was thinking of getting a used entry-level petrol hatchback within 2 lakh but now my brother's daily usage is nearly 100 kms. So extended our budget to 4 lakh to get a Diesel car.

As per your suggestion Ford Figo sounds awesome. But Ford's ASS is an unknown territory in our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Spot on ToyotaFan. Old Swift's build is poorer than most hatches. For 4L only old Swifts can be bought. They rattle like anything and don't appreciate when taken on long drives. For sure a used Swift would start giving trouble in no time. A Figo would be cheaper to get, and even a Titanum diesel could be found for 4L. Beat diesel should also be available in that range. Punto should be a little costlier. My take is i20>Swift>Punto>Figo>Beat on the cost front, Beat's tiny diesel and Punto's clutch/gearshift make Figo the best proposition.
Also, we are at teambhp, at least we should not think about getting a car with no ABS/airbags. Investing 50k more for an elongated life is totally justified.
Moreover, the used car market is not very kind on the top variants, which means there wouldn't be any major price diff. b/w a mid and a top variant. This makes the top variant even more VFM in used market. Though, lesser are available.
Definitely agree with you my friend. Being a Bhpian I am doing my level best to get a safe car for my brother, in that case as you've rightly said ford figo might fit into our budget.
KING DYSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 14:05   #9667
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Could you please elaborate?
I own a Swift VXi 2011 K series non VVT, pre facelift.
I use it about 95% in city and 5% on highways. I have only been to 3 out station trips in last 2 years. With all the best care I take of my ride, a car only 3 and half yrs old should hold good but it rattles. The doors when shut produce a series of sounds which tell you about the poor build quality. The dashboard, the rear seat.. Everything makes sounds even on the smoother tarmacs. If its a li'l rough, you got to raise volume of music to suppress these rattles.

To answer your question, after every out station trip, I can hear more sounds added to a list of previous ones. This is what I meant when I said the car doesn't appreciate when you take her out for long drives, that too when Bangalore's outers have pretty decent roads all around.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 17:07   #9668
BHPian
 
valapad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KL-08
Posts: 84
Thanked: 37 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Dear Friends,

Planning to buy a Gypsy,how much should I pay for the 2006 Gypsy 1.3 MPFI (MP registration)?

Auctioned from Police and Restored Year of Manufacture 2006,
Good Condition,soft Top,please help me...regards..
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 17:38   #9669
i10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 63 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Not sure if we are allowed to post from other sites, but I came across this listing. Is this a good deal - only 12K on the odo - 2012 BMW X1 for 15L

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...02012-s527198/
i10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 17:45   #9670
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I own a Swift VXi 2011 K series non VVT, pre facelift.

To answer your question, after every out station trip, I can hear more sounds added to a list of previous ones. This is what I meant when I said the car doesn't appreciate when you take her out for long drives, that too when Bangalore's outers have pretty decent roads all around.
The fix is pretty simple, replace the clips every 10K kms, They cost very less.
Other than that the engines are very reliable and FTD
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 11:40   #9671
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 656
Thanked: 388 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Vintage: January 2008

City: Bengaluru

Owner: Single

Color: Silver

Car: Octavia Rider converted to VRS - including alloys, xenons plus washers, body kit (all original Skoda) except for the Sunroof

Mods: Pete's Stage 2 (not just the engine mods everything including exhausts, clutch, tarox rotors and pads, bilsteins adjustable). 230+ bhp. More importantly, stops better than it accelerates.

Look: Sleeper. You wouldn't know the car's been modded until it blows past you.

Credentials checked: with Pete's as well as Skoda ASS

Bought for 5 lacs flat by brother-in-law on Aug 5th.

Reason for Sale: dad thinks son is spending too much money on this car instead of using their Q7 and 320d!

There is a god up there..
d_himan is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 12:27   #9672
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

I own a Polo petrol right now and have been on the lookout for a bigger car.
Came across a 2011 SX4 ZXI which has done around 17000kms. Car is well kept with very minor scratches on the exterior and the interiors are well kept.
Mechanically also the car is in sound condition, haven't checked the service history but the odo reading seems to be genuine as the car is still running on original tyres with decent tread still left on them
Seller is asking for 5.5 lakhs.
What should be the best price for this car?
P.S. : I am in no hurry to buy the car, I will buy this car only if it is a very good deal otherwise I am more than happy with my Polo
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 21:12   #9673
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 194 Times
Question re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys, Need Help???

I have come through these 2 cars(Both Bangalore Registered)::

1. Ford Figo 1.4 LXI Feb 2011,
Single owner,
42 K kms,
Tyres need to be changed,
Fully serviced at Service Centre
Owned and driven by a Cardiologist. Asking Price:: 3.8 Lakh.

2. Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium Aug 2011,
Single owner,
26 K kms,
Extended warranty,
Tyres have decent thread for another 20 K odd kms,
Fully Serviced at Service Centre. Asking Price:: 4.9 Lakh.

What's seems like best bargain for these cars???

P. S :: Dealing with Individuals not through a Dealer.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 17th August 2014 at 21:14.
KING DYSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 07:39   #9674
BHPian
 
Immix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 28 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My brother in law is getting a very well maintained 2013 Honda City V MT with 16000 KM for 7 Lakhs. After looking around on carwale and other sites for used cars, I think this is a good deal. But the caveat is that he is in army and he can get the new City with the same set of features for around 8.7 Lakhs. For the extra 1.7 Lakhs, he will get a full 2 years warranty, new model, and 0 KM odo. Naturally he is confused and is seeking my advice. What do you guys think? Which is a better deal? Thanks
Immix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 09:49   #9675
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
My brother in law is getting a very well maintained 2013 Honda City V MT with 16000 KM for 7 Lakhs. After looking around on carwale and other sites for used cars, I think this is a good deal. But the caveat is that he is in army and he can get the new City with the same set of features for around 8.7 Lakhs. For the extra 1.7 Lakhs, he will get a full 2 years warranty, new model, and 0 KM odo. Naturally he is confused and is seeking my advice. What do you guys think? Which is a better deal? Thanks
If your BIL is not very tight on budget and could stretch for another 1.7 lakhs, tell him to go for the new City by all means. With that extra money he will:
  1. Get the satisfaction of owning a brand new car, just out of the showroom.
  2. As you have mentioned, he will get a full 2 years warranty, so complete peace of mind.
  3. He is getting the 4th generation City and not the 3rd gen.
  4. Couple of years down the line, when he is going to sell his City, he will fetch a good price as he would be the first owner. For the used car he will be the second owner and obviously the selling price would take a bit. So the 1.7 lakhs extra that he would be spending now, could easily be recovered.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6122 9th December 2016 00:14
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks