Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 19:11   #9961
DOJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,

I have zeroed in on a sparingly used Linea (2009 variant Emotion Pack - Petrol) with ODO of ~13,000 kms. The asking rate by the seller is ~Rs. 3.5 lakhs (should be negotiable). Small niggles in the car include

a. Horn not working
b. Shift from 2nd to 3rd gear not smooth. Feels like something is obstructing movement therein
c. The left glass window (front) does not come up if pulled down (maybe problem with the winding motor - not sure)

I estimate that a full service with repair of all of the above should not cost more than Rs. 10,000 (Assuming no problems in clutch assembly) (please correct if I am wrong). I also assume that the gentleman has not replaced the CSC all this while which has been an issue in Linea cars. Maybe that too would need to be done, though not sure if it would be done for free by Fiat Service Centre.

Would Rs. 3.5 lakhs be a fair price to pay for the car? What should be the top / bottom comfort range I should look at for it?

Any guidance / pointers would be very useful in forming a decision. Many thanks.
DOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 20:35   #9962
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJ View Post
Friends,

I have zeroed in on a sparingly used Linea (2009 variant Emotion Pack - Petrol) with ODO of ~13,000 kms. The asking rate by the seller is ~Rs. 3.5 lakhs (should be negotiable). Small niggles in the car include

a. Horn not working
b. Shift from 2nd to 3rd gear not smooth. Feels like something is obstructing movement therein
c. The left glass window (front) does not come up if pulled down (maybe problem with the winding motor - not sure)

I estimate that a full service with repair of all of the above should not cost more than Rs. 10,000 (Assuming no problems in clutch assembly) (please correct if I am wrong). I also assume that the gentleman has not replaced the CSC all this while which has been an issue in Linea cars. Maybe that too would need to be done, though not sure if it would be done for free by Fiat Service Centre.

Would Rs. 3.5 lakhs be a fair price to pay for the car? What should be the top / bottom comfort range I should look at for it?

Any guidance / pointers would be very useful in forming a decision. Many thanks.
Fiats have terrible resale value, that too a petrol. That Fire 1.4 is not that good, long gear shifts and clutch travel make it a less desirable car especially in City traffic conditions. Also, a 2009 Linea can not be as reliable and durable as a 2009 City, so why don't you look for a 5 yr old City? Not for 3.50, but perhaps for 4.50 you can find a few.
Also, if you are into the driving dynamics of the Linea, than don't go for the Fire 1.4 as it will keep disappointing you. That engine is not capable of pulling that heavy car as fast as that brilliant chassis demands for. IMO, try searching for a used T-jet, much much better an engine, has all 4 disc brakes and some other small bits.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 03:26   #9963
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Also, a 2009 Linea can not be as reliable and durable as a 2009 City, so why don't you look for a 5 yr old City? Not for 3.50, but perhaps for 4.50 you can find........... try searching for a used T-jet, much much better an engine, has all 4 disc brakes and some other small bits.

Seconded. I found several Honda City i-vtecs for around 3.5-4.5 lakhs. Plus a well maintained Honda will work without issues for a much longer time than a fiat.

You could even find petrol Corollas top end models within 3l in immaculate condition.

Get the complete service history of the car you round down. I got the service history from Toyota for my corolla and they even printed of all nearby future expenses as per wear and tear schedule. You don't want to spend a lot on repairing stuff which should be working on a used car.

I don't know about Mumbai but here in Ahmedabad, Toyotas and Hondas (except ricer city examples) were mostly the better kept cars and age well.

Last edited by Xeno : 21st November 2014 at 03:31.
Xeno is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 05:43   #9964
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,750
Thanked: 1,481 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJ View Post
Friends,

I have zeroed in on a sparingly used Linea (2009 variant Emotion Pack - Petrol) with ODO of ~13,000 kms. The asking rate by the seller is ~Rs. 3.5 lakhs (should be negotiable). Small niggles in the car include

a. Horn not working
b. Shift from 2nd to 3rd gear not smooth. Feels like something is obstructing movement therein
c. The left glass window (front) does not come up if pulled down (maybe problem with the winding motor - not sure)

I estimate that a full service with repair of all of the above should not cost more than Rs. 10,000 (Assuming no problems in clutch assembly) (please correct if I am wrong). I also assume that the gentleman has not replaced the CSC all this while which has been an issue in Linea cars. Maybe that too would need to be done, though not sure if it would be done for free by Fiat Service Centre.

Would Rs. 3.5 lakhs be a fair price to pay for the car? What should be the top / bottom comfort range I should look at for it?

Any guidance / pointers would be very useful in forming a decision. Many thanks.
Its an expensive niggle
Horn not working in a Linea EPK if its not the actual horn that is bad, usually means a Faulty horn pad, which requires Airbag replacement,and can cost between 25-30K. 3.5 is simply too much, this car is not worth more than 2L.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 11:34   #9965
DOJ
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Its an expensive niggle
Horn not working in a Linea EPK if its not the actual horn that is bad, usually means a Faulty horn pad, which requires Airbag replacement,and can cost between 25-30K. 3.5 is simply too much, this car is not worth more than 2L.
Thanks friends for your directions. This horn pad issue is an eye-opener and surely wasn't aware about it. Looks like the price is pretty high for this variant. Also haven't tested a T-jet so need to see it to compare that with this version. But if this is going to be a problem in city driving then may not be worth it. Will check it once more thoroughly and decide. Cheers
DOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 12:12   #9966
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

I have a 1963 Ambassador at my hometown. Its not in running condition now since I have not been at home for a few years and my mum is alone and can't take care of it. Considering I would not be able to take care of it, I thought I'd sell it to a neighbour. What price should I ask? It needs new tires, a battery and maybe a bit of tuning. The engine is a Isuzu diesel and its an old number plate TNK xxxx number. Please help.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 19:22   #9967
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Here and There
Posts: 238
Thanked: 202 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I have a 1963 Ambassador at my hometown. Its not in running condition now since I have not been at home for a few years and my mum is alone and can't take care of it. Considering I would not be able to take care of it, I thought I'd sell it to a neighbour. What price should I ask? It needs new tires, a battery and maybe a bit of tuning. The engine is a Isuzu diesel and its an old number plate TNK xxxx number. Please help.
Madmax, please check your PM.
Roomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 20:45   #9968
BHPian
 
kisharchit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 282
Thanked: 328 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much for a 1999 Merc W210 E250D manual gearbox done 66K kms in maroon? in superb conditon and all service records exist. Seller quoting 4.5 which seems steep. What could be a proper quote? Car in Delhi and DL registered.
kisharchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 22:07   #9969
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 137
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I plan to upgrade my car to a higher segment car. What should be the realistic target selling price. Its a june 2010 model ford figo, titanium version TDCI. Done 80,000 kms and maintained well at authorised ford workshop. Changed tyres to bridgestones at 55000 kms. Shockers and suspension parts changed recently. Its a green coloured car registered in Gurgaon. And Im the first owner. Thanks

Last edited by shivmarwaha : 24th November 2014 at 22:13. Reason: Added information
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 22:10   #9970
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I plan to upgrade my car to a higher segment car. What should be the realistic target selling price. Its a june 2010 model ford figo, titanium version. Done 80,000 kms and maintained well at authorised ford workshop. Changed tyres to bridgestones at 55000 kms. Shockers and suspension parts changed recently. Its a green coloured car registered in Gurgaon. And Im the first owner. Thanks
I presume it is the TDCi?
Not sure but how does 3.25 L sound?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 22:13   #9971
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: new delhi
Posts: 137
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I presume it is the TDCi?
Not sure but how does 3.25 L sound?
Sorry, I forgot to mention this. It is indeed a Tdci. I'm not sure of the target price. Will have to also crosscheck from the local dealers here. Thanks
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 01:03   #9972
BHPian
 
ashkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vasco-Goa
Posts: 341
Thanked: 306 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys this post is for my friend at Bangalore. He is looking for his first car at around Rs. 2 lakh budget and will be used sparingly for family occasions. He has a small family of 2 (himself and his mom) and is looking for a relatively affordable maintenance vehicle with low mileage. The ultra compact M800, Alto it not in the reckoning as they have lost the oomph value around. A recent almost done deal offer of Rs. 2.5 Lakh on a 2010 Santro was put on hold by me to receive some valuable advise from the forum. The budget of 2 Lakh (+/- a couple of thousands) is tightly held with no room for any wriggling further..
So if you guys have any suggestion or any offerings please put forth the same.
ashkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 06:38   #9973
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 485
Thanked: 295 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends
My brother in law wants to sell of his 2004 Baleno. Its Black, with alloy wheels and the OEM ICE ( with cassette player ). Car looks very good. Its a MH01 registered one. Has done 1,00,023 KM's on the ODO and the entire service history is available. Car is with me for the past 3 weeks and I have done two Pune-Mumbai-Pune round trips on that. First owner now.

How much can I tell my BIL to expect for this car? Thanks in advance.
jkrishnakj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 06:44   #9974
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much should i expect for:
2007 Jan Swift VXi ABS, Ozone Blue
68,xxx kms run. Petrol
Bangalore registered, first owner
Serviced from MSIL, but last 2 years from multi-brand car service centers
5 alloy wheels, 195/60/R15 tyres with 10,000Kms life left
Pioneer ICE with USB and Ipod/iphone control
JBL components (front)
JBL 9 inch 3-way ovals (rear - one has crack)
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 08:39   #9975
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Guys this post is for my friend at Bangalore. He is looking for his first car at around Rs. 2 lakh budget and will be used sparingly for family occasions. He has a small family of 2 (himself and his mom) and is looking for a relatively affordable maintenance vehicle with low mileage. The ultra compact M800, Alto it not in the reckoning as they have lost the oomph value around. A recent almost done deal offer of Rs. 2.5 Lakh on a 2010 Santro was put on hold by me to receive some valuable advise from the forum. The budget of 2 Lakh (+/- a couple of thousands) is tightly held with no room for any wriggling further..
So if you guys have any suggestion or any offerings please put forth the same.
The Santro Deal sounds good to me considering the budget of ~2lakhs. Santro is a lovely car, the only setback is that Santro will be phased out soon which means your friend will lose some money when he sells it. Other than that there shouldn't be any other problems related to spare parts, service etc for atleast 5 years.
Make sure that your friend does a thorough inspection of the car before he seals the deal.
Good luck
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6097 6th December 2016 00:24
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks