Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 08:51   #10111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 195 Times
Default

Guys, need help urgently. The car in contention is a Skoda yeti 2012 elegance 4x4.

Odo:- 64000
Bangalore registration
Asking price:- 9.5 lakh.

The car is in good condition. A good buy?.
linuxmanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 09:19   #10112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 933
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My cousin is in the process of selling her 2011 SX4 ZXI, Petrol. It has 70,000 kms on the Odo. What price can she expect from the current market in Hyderabad?
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 10:34   #10113
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My cousin is in the process of selling her 2011 SX4 ZXI, Petrol. It has 70,000 kms on the Odo. What price can she expect from the current market in Hyderabad?
Not too sure about the Hyd market.
Mumbai would fetch somewhere between 2.75-3 lacs considering that the mileage at 70K is (perception wise) on the higher side.
Also, SX4 has now been truly and successfully replaced by Ciaz.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 17:27   #10114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 201 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Guys, need help urgently. The car in contention is a Skoda yeti 2012 elegance 4x4.

Odo:- 64000
Bangalore registration
Asking price:- 9.5 lakh.

The car is in good condition. A good buy?.
Sounds good. Is the car under extended warranty? Yeti is an amazing car. Please PM details if you don't go for it.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 17:37   #10115
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 655
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Guys, need help urgently. The car in contention is a Skoda yeti 2012 elegance 4x4.

Odo:- 64000
Bangalore registration
Asking price:- 9.5 lakh.

The car is in good condition. A good buy?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Sounds good. Is the car under extended warranty? Yeti is an amazing car. Please PM details if you don't go for it.
9.5L is a good price. Try to pull few more feathers out stating that the car has done a considerable mileage.

Do keep us updated.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 18:44   #10116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Udumalpet
Posts: 46
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

There is a BMW 530d 2012 model with 28k km on the odo. The car is in chennai and the owner is asking for 38 lakhs. The car has BSI cover till 2017 and the tyres are in decent condition. Is it a good deal. Friends pl help. Thanks
surgvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 20:03   #10117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
There is a BMW 530d 2012 model with 28k km on the odo. The car is in chennai and the owner is asking for 38 lakhs. The car has BSI cover till 2017 and the tyres are in decent condition. Is it a good deal. Friends pl help. Thanks
530d depreciates about 45-50% in 3-4 years from its original OTR then. If you really like the car you can pay upto 55% of its OTR. 38 seems to be little on the higher side to me. Try closing it at 34-35L max.

That apart, its a damn good car but only this side of its predecessor, the legendary E60.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 22:46   #10118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Udumalpet
Posts: 46
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
530d depreciates about 45-50% in 3-4 years from its original OTR then. If you really like the car you can pay upto 55% of its OTR. 38 seems to be little on the higher side to me. Try closing it at 34-35L max.

That apart, its a damn good car but only this side of its predecessor, the legendary E60.

Thanks zulfi hansi. Will inspect the car in a couple of days. May be try to bargain a bit with cheque book and let's see how it goes. Thanks once again.
surgvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 23:35   #10119
BHPian
 
IndigoXLGrandDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Solapur (MH-13)
Posts: 867
Thanked: 130 Times
Default

I sold our Indigo XL Grand Dicor for 130000/- on Saturday to a private buyer. I got 120000/- in the form of DD at that time. Today I went for Transfer and submitted the papers to RTO. The officer was not present today. May be tomorrow.
Balance 10000/- will be paid to me once the new owner gets the receipt of transfer fees from Rto (2-3) days.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 09:46   #10120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 933
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My cousin is in the process of selling her 2011 SX4 ZXI, Petrol. It has 70,000 kms on the Odo. What price can she expect from the current market in Hyderabad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Not too sure about the Hyd market.
Mumbai would fetch somewhere between 2.75-3 lacs considering that the mileage at 70K is (perception wise) on the higher side.
Also, SX4 has now been truly and successfully replaced by Ciaz.
The car will be sold for Rs. 3,20,000 . The buyer has agreed to pay the amount after Jan 15th. I guess that is a good and lucky price for the car which needs a new set of shoes.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 05:30   #10121
BHPian
 
pdma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 549
Thanked: 748 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

With the government putting the final nail on my plans to buy a new car, Iam now looking for used car.
My first choice is Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD. Iam looking for models 2012 onwards expecting FIAT provides 5 years of warranty ( 3+2) which leaves me at least 2 years of warranty on the car.

I checked the websites and I found the cars ranging from 5L-7L , However most of the online evaluation tools estimated a fair price around 5.5 L.

My City is Hyderabad and I would request folks here to advice on this topic , or point me towards any good cars in your vicinity through a pm.

Thank You.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 08:10   #10122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 933
Thanked: 416 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Iam looking for models 2012 onwards expecting FIAT provides 5 years of warranty ( 3+2) which leaves me at least 2 years of warranty on the car.
If you can be more specific about your requirement such as which car you are interested in, what budget you have etc., may be, some of us can help you. All the best.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 08:52   #10123
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
With the government putting the final nail on my plans to buy a new car, Iam now looking for used car.
My first choice is Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD. Iam looking for models 2012 onwards expecting FIAT provides 5 years of warranty ( 3+2) which leaves me at least 2 years of warranty on the car.

I checked the websites and I found the cars ranging from 5L-7L , However most of the online evaluation tools estimated a fair price around 5.5 L.

My City is Hyderabad and I would request folks here to advice on this topic , or point me towards any good cars in your vicinity through a pm.

Thank You.
You are going good. Get a Linea MJD and get it remapped. Hehe..
As resale of Fiats are quite on the lower side, I am sure you will be able to find a 2012+ model with low mileage for a price that is lower than what websites suggest as a fair price. Call some local used car dealers and tell them you have a car to sell, take their quotes to get an idea of your local market. Add some 30-40k on top of it to have a budget for yourself.
Call sellers, quote them an amount 10% lower than the carwale fair price and negotiate from there. Condition of the car is the most important, visit the sellers.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 08:56   #10124
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Post re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

folks need some help in figuring out on an used hatch.

in contention are:

1. Swift LDI, 2011; white, 51K km ; Asking price : 4.75 L
2. Vista vx , 2012; silver ; 15k km; asking price : 4.3 L
3. Figo Titatnium ; 2011 ; blue; 44k km; asking price : 4.5 L


My requirement:
* Will probably own it for at least 4-5 years / another 1L km
* Should be having the lowest service costs
* don't mind few niggles here and there. I Can live with it
* Preferably have some safety features (ABS/Airbags)
* should have decent mileage. my monthly runing will be about 1500-2000km
* 4 peoples usually , but weekends may go up to 5 pax
* Should have some resale value when i sell it after 4-5 years
* Should be maintainable in a local garage/mechanic - ie, parts should be available in the market..

i have done the following analysis based on inputs my friends and reading in the forum here:

Swift LDI
Pros:
Good driver's car
good resale value
cons
no safety features
asking price a little high, and not open for negotiation

Vista Vx
pros
Spacious and having lot of features
AbS
price is lowest
no. of kms run is less
parts are available locally and can get maintained in local garages
cons
tata niggles - worry me a bit
resale value ?

Figo
pros
AbS & airbags
spacious interious, but not as good as vista
boot space is higtest
cons
no. of kms run is high
servicing costs
resale value ?


All are from private parties (ie, not thru dealerships/truve value, etc.)
All are 1st owners
All look to have serviced their cars at regular intervals

What should be the ideal price for each of them ?
Which option should I go for ?

thanks!
jeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 09:38   #10125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 82
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeera View Post

1. Swift LDI, 2011; white, 51K km ; Asking price : 4.75 L
2. Vista vx , 2012; silver ; 15k km; asking price : 4.3 L
3. Figo Titatnium ; 2011 ; blue; 44k km; asking price : 4.5 L

Which option should I go for ?
Being Tata owner myself for last 5 years, I will highly recommend Vista being it is relatively new car with lesser mileage on the Odo which will tick most of your points , you will not have an issue with service in Bangalore, and since you plan to keep the car for 4/5 years , I don't think it will be big issue for resale.

PS: My Indica fetched me 2 lakhs rupees after 7 years with 1 lakh KM on odo that too I was the second owner.
soarer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6106 6th December 2016 17:40
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks