Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 12:48   #10891
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would a fluidic verna 1.6 petrol (Year 2011) fetch? It has done 27000 kms so far and the condition is extremely mint.
rahul_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 14:35   #10892
BHPian
 
noo.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 55
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Fellow bhpians what should be the price to pay for a 2013 Linea Tjet emotion?

It has only been driven for 2500 Kms and is in immaculate condition. The colour is blue, It belongs to someone I know very well and is moving abroad.

This is the older version of the linea and car was bought about a year ago at a discounted price of 8,00,000 after the launch of the updated linea.

I was initially planning on picking up an abarth punto but given the fact that car has been with someone i know I think it makes a little more sense to go for this.
noo.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 15:10   #10893
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
Fellow bhpians what should be the price to pay for a 2013 Linea Tjet emotion?

It has only been driven for 2500 Kms and is in immaculate condition. The colour is blue, It belongs to someone I know very well and is moving abroad.

This is the older version of the linea and car was bought about a year ago at a discounted price of 8,00,000 after the launch of the updated linea.

I was initially planning on picking up an abarth punto but given the fact that car has been with someone i know I think it makes a little more sense to go for this.
This is gonna be a real good purchase for you! I'd say it'll be a sweet deal even if you pay 8 lacs today for this particular T-Jet!

On a serious note, 2 year old Linea, now discontinued shape - maybe 6-6.5 lac?
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 19:58   #10894
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,565
Thanked: 2,363 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
Fellow bhpians what should be the price to pay for a 2013 Linea Tjet emotion?

It has only been driven for 2500 Kms and is in immaculate condition. The colour is blue, It belongs to someone I know very well and is moving abroad.

This is the older version of the linea and car was bought about a year ago at a discounted price of 8,00,000 after the launch of the updated linea.

I was initially planning on picking up an abarth punto but given the fact that car has been with someone i know I think it makes a little more sense to go for this.
Two totally different cars on your consideration plate there. You may get the Linea for a sweet deal but if it's the Punto you really wanted to buy, think real hard before writing the cheque.

Both cars may be good fun to drive and share the same engine, but the T-Jet Punto is an entirely different animal altogether.
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 20:48   #10895
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,504
Thanked: 809 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
Fellow bhpians what should be the price to pay for a 2013 Linea Tjet emotion?

It has only been driven for 2500 Kms and is in immaculate condition. The colour is blue, It belongs to someone I know very well and is moving abroad.

This is the older version of the linea and car was bought about a year ago at a discounted price of 8,00,000 after the launch of the updated linea.

I was initially planning on picking up an abarth punto but given the fact that car has been with someone i know I think it makes a little more sense to go for this.
I won't comment on the price, but the car was lying in the stockyard for over a year , right ? Then only 2500km on the odo - everybody will be suspicious. These factors can be a problem when you try to the sell the car, and I'm not even talking of the blue color.

If you plan to keep the car for long and don't care for resale - you probably don't if you're buying an Abarth - go ahead with your eyes closed.

EDIT -There's a black 2014 T-Jet up for sale on the tbhp classifieds in Bangalore , quote is 6.65L, and Gurgaon prices are lesser than Bangalore.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 16th November 2015 at 20:58.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 22:14   #10896
BHPian
 
noo.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 55
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
This is gonna be a real good purchase for you! I'd say it'll be a sweet deal even if you pay 8 lacs today for this particular T-Jet!

On a serious note, 2 year old Linea, now discontinued shape - maybe 6-6.5 lac?
Thank you, given the resale value being offered to me on my 2010 Punto Mjd I was hoping to pay about 5 - 5.5 for this is a fiat as well, but I guess given the low mileage the numbers you have put across make more sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Two totally different cars on your consideration plate there. You may get the Linea for a sweet deal but if it's the Punto you really wanted to buy, think real hard before writing the cheque.

Both cars may be good fun to drive and share the same engine, but the T-Jet Punto is an entirely different animal altogether.
I haven't been able to take an abarth punto for a test drive , but this linea t jet helps me kill two birds with one stone -
  1. Pick up a sedan for a low price ( Fam isn't too happy bout me going for the punto abarth given that i already own a punto)
  2. Save a substantial amount of dough and possibly use that to buy a Kawasaki Z 800 next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I won't comment on the price, but the car was lying in the stockyard for over a year , right ? Then only 2500km on the odo - everybody will be suspicious. These factors can be a problem when you try to the sell the car, and I'm not even talking of the blue color.

If you plan to keep the car for long and don't care for resale - you probably don't if you're buying an Abarth - go ahead with your eyes closed.

EDIT -There's a black 2014 T-Jet up for sale on the tbhp classifieds in Bangalore , quote is 6.65L, and Gurgaon prices are lesser than Bangalore.
You're right about the car being in the stockyard for almost a year before being bought, however the owner of the car is my best friend's elder brother and I know he takes care of his vehicles like no one else can. Since his office was just 2 kms from his place the car didn't run much. Also the owner usually rode his bike on the weekends so there is absolutely no suspicion on the mileage.
noo.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 16:39   #10897
BHPian
 
glenmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 279
Thanked: 182 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am looking for a second car to be used as a city run about plus to be used by my wifey.
Saw a Wagon R Duo, 2007 Model and run 37k Kms. Quoted 2.1 Lac.
Is the price alright? Any gotchas to look for in the LPG variant of Wagon R?
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 21:07   #10898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kochi
Posts: 284
Thanked: 743 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi guys, saw this in our classifieds. It claims of 0-100 in less than 8 secs , is that possible. I'm sceptical. Would like to know from the experts.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ruti/800.html/
The Rationalist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 21:25   #10899
Senior - BHPian
 
FINTAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bombay / Poona
Posts: 1,092
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi guys, saw this in our classifieds. It claims of 0-100 in less than 8 secs , is that possible. I'm sceptical. Would like to know from the experts.
Given the light weight of the M800, and if the Suzuki F10A / G13B (i.e: The Suzuki engines used in the Maruti 1000/Esteem) is tuned properly ( You know what I mean ); I think sub 10 sec is possible.

The car in any case would be a hoot to drive; that's for sure!

Here's a related thread; http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...f10a-swap.html (Project M800 with F10A swap)

Last edited by FINTAIL : 18th November 2015 at 21:27.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 23:12   #10900
BHPian
 
Ne0N's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: mumbai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread
Hi guys, I am planning to get a second hand hatchback for city use. Monthly usage will be about 250 kms in Mumbai. My primary choices are a wagon r 2009model or a 2012 i10. Budget is around 2.5-3.0 lks. Please feel free to advise on the same and about any other better hatchback choices. I plan to keep this car for about 5years and will transport a maximum of 5 people. Also since I am about 6feet the smaller cars like alto or 800 doesn't fit the bill.
__________________
-
Regards and keep revven!!!!!!!!
Ne0N

Hi Guys with reference to the previous post by me,
I have narrowed down my choices to following 3 cars
1. 2009-2010 (or newer subject to price, budget) Honda city automatic
2. 2010-2011 hyundai i20/i10 automatic
3. 2009-2010-2011 volkswagen vento automatic

Just had a few doubts
1. MOST COMMON- WHICH is the SAFEST BET
2. There's a lot of rumors about the DSG in the VENTO, considering that the annual usage may rarely exceed 4000 kms , should this weigh in during the buying decision.
3. A lot of Volkswagen customers in the family as well as friends say that the vento is a much more complete package as compared to the honda city and built quality of the German is superior to the Japanese. Is it SO?????????
4. any pointers for the i20/10

P.S.
as you might have guessed , i am very confused about VW as a brand and vento as their product especially after seeing so many vento's on the road.
Senior members: Looking up to your advice for this buy.
Ne0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 03:47   #10901
BHPian
 
nik0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 241
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi Guys with reference to the previous post by me,
I have narrowed down my choices to following 3 cars
1. 2009-2010 (or newer subject to price, budget) Honda city automatic
2. 2010-2011 hyundai i20/i10 automatic
3. 2009-2010-2011 volkswagen vento automatic

Just had a few doubts
1. MOST COMMON- WHICH is the SAFEST BET
2. There's a lot of rumors about the DSG in the VENTO, considering that the annual usage may rarely exceed 4000 kms , should this weigh in during the buying decision.
3. A lot of Volkswagen customers in the family as well as friends say that the vento is a much more complete package as compared to the honda city and built quality of the German is superior to the Japanese. Is it SO?????????
4. any pointers for the i20/10

P.S.
as you might have guessed , i am very confused about VW as a brand and vento as their product especially after seeing so many vento's on the road.
Senior members: Looking up to your advice for this buy.
Honda City auto will cost you around 4.5 to 5 lacs but that's the most practical choice for you as it will give you best of both worlds. I have seen a 2010 Honda City with 50 k kms on odo at Honda auto terrace in my city and the asking price was 4.6 lacs. So you might want to give them a try.

nIk
nik0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 00:28   #10902
BHPian
 
Geo_Ipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vellore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 238 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
1. 2009-2010 (or newer subject to price, budget) Honda city automatic
2. 2010-2011 hyundai i20/i10 automatic
3. 2009-2010-2011 volkswagen vento automatic
.................................................. ......................
2. There's a lot of rumors about the DSG in the VENTO, considering that the annual usage may rarely exceed 4000 kms , should this weigh in during the buying decision.
You have listed cars of similar vintage from 3 different segments! Not sure how you expect to get these at the same price bracket.

2009-10 Vento's did not come with a DSG box, did they?
In your mentioned price range, you might not find a DSG Vento, so that fear should be alleviated.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:47   #10903
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
What would a fluidic verna 1.6 petrol (Year 2011) fetch? It has done 27000 kms so far and the condition is extremely mint.
Just wish to update on this. I sold this for 4.5 lacs to a dealer. This includes 75k discount they gave me on purchase of a new vehicle through them.
rahul_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:37   #10904
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,955
Thanked: 6,370 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Just had a few doubts
1. MOST COMMON- WHICH is the SAFEST BET
2. There's a lot of rumors about the DSG in the VENTO, considering that the annual usage may rarely exceed 4000 kms , should this weigh in during the buying decision.
3. A lot of Volkswagen customers in the family as well as friends say that the vento is a much more complete package as compared to the honda city and built quality of the German is superior to the Japanese. Is it SO?????????
4. any pointers for the i20/10
1. Safest bet would be the Honda City.
2. Vento was launched in 2010 only. The Vento from 2010-2013 October came with a 1.6L engine and a regular 6 speed Torque Converter gear Box. It did not come with a DSG gear box which was launched with the Vento TSI in Oct 2013. The current Rapid AT uses the same 1.6 engine + 6 speed AT combination.
3. The build quality of the Vento would probably be better than the Honda, but from a pre-owned perspective, the Honda city would be the more reliable, easy to maintain option. Also the initial Vento's were poorly equipped.

4. The i20 AT was a fuel guzzler, would not recommend it.

Edit: you may have to up your budget to at least 4.5-5 L to well maintained cars from your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
2009-10 Vento's did not come with a DSG box, did they?
In your mentioned price range, you might not find a DSG Vento, so that fear should be alleviated.
Correct. the Vento used to come with a regular 6 speed AT box paired with the 1.6L engine.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 23rd November 2015 at 15:40.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:05   #10905
BHPian
 
iliketurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 940
Thanked: 762 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi Guys with reference to the previous post by me,
I have narrowed down my choices to following 3 cars
1. 2009-2010 (or newer subject to price, budget) Honda city automatic
2. 2010-2011 hyundai i20/i10 automatic
3. 2009-2010-2011 volkswagen vento automatic
Here's my 2 cents

1. The City will be the most reliable of the lot, no question about it.
2. As said by others before me, the Vento from 2009 came with a torque convertor, so you should have no worries about the DSG since it's not relevant to this case.
3. I'd say the Vento is better put together than the City, but the City is as good a car for your needs. I had a City automatic and liked driving it for its frugality and reasonable sportiness. The Vento is sportier, but not my very much. The Vento TSI however is much more of a hoot to drive.
4. I own an i20 automatic and the car is the thirstiest of the lot thanks to the inefficient transmission. It's smooth to drive if you're a sedate driver, but ask it to lift its skirt and run and it will ponder what to do for a few seconds before doing so. I have little to no emotional connection with it and am simply looking to give it away to a family member, such is my indifference to it.

I'd say go for the City, it's the best car from that lot. Don't even consider the i20 or i10 automatic, they're very poor when it comes to fuel effiency and the i10 particularly is cramped for space in comparison to the others. If at all you're looking at the Vento, try to see if you can get a TSI and not the older car.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6088 5th December 2016 13:22
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks