Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 16:18   #10951
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi I am looking at upgrading my existing XUV5OO W8 2012 (FWD) to a new XUV5OO W10 AWD.
It has done about 70,000 KM now, with an extended warranty till 2017-August.
It also has an added reverse camera (Mahindra Accessory - Button Camera added on 2015)

I will also add a new infotainment display to the same.
In a month or two I shall be updating all the tyres to brand new BRIDGESTONE DUELER. Which came as stock. Sure the duelers would last another 80,000 without hassles. Spares are good as new.

I am keen to understand the expected price of the same. Which should of course decide whether I should upgrade or not.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 19:42   #10952
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 207
Thanked: 125 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I don't think that remaps on a petrol NA engine are worth it, especially on something like Civic's R18. Even if they are effective, its very unlikely that you would experience the improvements in the lower end. Best way to improve low end would be an upgraded exhaust.
Tjet is very hard to drive sedately .
Don't look at the newer fiesta's then. The rear seat is very cramped and the petrol isn't very popular.
Yes. That's what I said. 5 in a new Fiesta is a squeeze. Had driven a petrol a couple of months back. The car actually crawled on the incline that I take test drives on. Did not go for it just for the lack of space.
T-Jet is cramped and the spare parts dealer say that the Fiat spares are costlier than Tata, Honda, Toyota and Ford, plus they take some time to stock it. So end of the Fiat possibility.
So the Corolla remains. Will be searching Pune market from next month. Hope to get one soon.
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 22:11   #10953
BHPian
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 378
Thanked: 477 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Yes. That's what I said. 5 in a new Fiesta is a squeeze. Had driven a petrol a couple of months back. The car actually crawled on the incline that I take test drives on. Did not go for it just for the lack of space.
T-Jet is cramped and the spare parts dealer say that the Fiat spares are costlier than Tata, Honda, Toyota and Ford, plus they take some time to stock it. So end of the Fiat possibility.
So the Corolla remains. Will be searching Pune market from next month. Hope to get one soon.
Another downside of the Fiesta is the low GC. I scraped the front lip of the car in my TD.
Fiat's spares are definitely not more expensive than Honda, I have personal experience with the City and it has some pretty pricey spares.
Are you looking for the Altis or the H2 Corolla? The older ones here go for around 2.7 in the most mint shape.
Doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 04:50   #10954
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I don't think that remaps on a petrol NA engine are worth it, especially on something like Civic's R18. Even if they are effective, its very unlikely that you would experience the improvements in the lower end. Best way to improve low end would be an upgraded exhaust.
Tjet is very hard to drive sedately .
Don't look at the newer fiesta's then. The rear seat is very cramped and the petrol isn't very popular.
Common misconception caused by spending too much time looking at numbers on paper. Obviously the percentage gains in peak power/torque figures are less than what one would get from a forced induction motor, but there is still a lot to be gained from a good ecu tune even 5-10 horses more is felt and a wider power band can be created allowing you to sap more out of the car without having to wring it by its neck all the time.

An upgraded 4x2x1 (for low-end) exhaust is only a fraction of the whole picture and certainly isn't the single best modification why not complete the breathing process with an upgraded intake and ported cylinder heads as well? A remap would further improve things and light weight aftermarket rims would make the car more sprightly too.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2015 at 04:56.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 09:27   #10955
BHPian
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 378
Thanked: 477 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Common misconception caused by spending too much time looking at numbers on paper. Obviously the percentage gains in peak power/torque figures are less than what one would get from a forced induction motor, but there is still a lot to be gained from a good ecu tune even 5-10 horses more is felt and a wider power band can be created allowing you to sap more out of the car without having to wring it by its neck all the time.

An upgraded 4x2x1 (for low-end) exhaust is only a fraction of the whole picture and certainly isn't the single best modification why not complete the breathing process with an upgraded intake and ported cylinder heads as well? A remap would further improve things and light weight aftermarket rims would make the car more sprightly too.
My friend had a Civic and was planning for a remap. We later found out that remaps aren't just worth it for the civic so went for a free flow remus. http://www.hyperchips.co.uk/blog/sho...d-car-remapped
A reputed tuner also seems to agree. Low end improvement with a remap on a high revving Na engine is quite unlikely.
How do you think a remap would help an engine like the R18?
I never suggested a 4x2x1, since you can't change Civic's headers. The remus end can in my friends civic did improve low end and that's what i suggested.
Those mods like CAI or ported heads you mentioned are quite impractical in this case don't you think? Also quite expensive.
Doge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 11:58   #10956
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
My friend had a Civic and was planning for a remap. We later found out that remaps aren't just worth it for the civic so went for a free flow remus. http://www.hyperchips.co.uk/blog/sho...d-car-remapped
A reputed tuner also seems to agree. Low end improvement with a remap on a high revving Na engine is quite unlikely.
How do you think a remap would help an engine like the R18?
I never suggested a 4x2x1, since you can't change Civic's headers. The remus end can in my friends civic did improve low end and that's what i suggested.
Those mods like CAI or ported heads you mentioned are quite impractical in this case don't you think? Also quite expensive.
I speak from experience when I say that remapping NA engines does give you gains. Mostly you would see gains in the mid range which itself is lacking in the Civic and unlocks much greater potential when you remap a car after going for an exhaust setup and upgraded intake system. If you are looking for massive gains, pretty much any mod except for a turbo setup, "isn't worth it". I did not know you can't change the Civic's headers there must be a way around that. I consider it as an impractical mod considering an end-can is not going to make much of a difference on its own. End-can is not some magical device that will vastly improve your car's low-end because at the end of the day, a naturally aspirated car will be expensive to mod if you want to extract performance gains out of it so no point in comparing gains from mods you get on a forced induction motor. If you have that frame of mind, most tuners would rather not disappoint you and agree to what you say. One needs to be sensitive to his/her machine and able to distinguish where improvements can be made through the rev-range modding an NA engine while expensive, is a very rewarding experience IMO

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th December 2015 at 12:02.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 23:59   #10957
BHPian
 
Accent Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am looking to sell my Hyundai Accent Executive in 2 months time. Please advise me on how much I can get. Details -

Accent Executive bought in April 2009; 90000 kms run, single owner, engine is in good condition.
Accent Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 08:33   #10958
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 207
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Another downside of the Fiesta is the low GC. I scraped the front lip of the car in my TD.
Fiat's spares are definitely not more expensive than Honda, I have personal experience with the City and it has some pretty pricey spares.
Are you looking for the Altis or the H2 Corolla? The older ones here go for around 2.7 in the most mint shape.
I checked the Fiesta and Classic , they don't sag on load. The Fiat spares aren't immediately available on demand. I am looking for the H2 Corolla, does a used Altis fall in 5L bracket?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 12:27   #10959
BHPian
 
drsingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 614
Thanked: 403 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post

I checked the Fiesta and Classic , they don't sag on load. The Fiat spares aren't immediately available on demand. I am looking for the H2 Corolla, does a used Altis fall in 5L bracket?
Maharashtra and Delhi seem to have the most Corollas on the road. So you're in a good place to begin with. Altis does fall under 5 lakhs.

As mentioned by other members, sx4 vvt, linea tjet are other good options.

I would keep an open mind and look at all three types of vehicles. Only ones with complete service histories. And then settle on the best example.

If you're the only one driving for most of the time, corolla may be overkill. The other two offer more value as not having the best resale in the market.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 16:43   #10960
BHPian
 
man_and_machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

Have been offered 19 L on Elegance DSG Superb. 2012 Oct, 41,000 on ODO. Single owner, vehicle outlook seems as per age. My feeling is its over priced by 3 L. Any comments from learned ones?
man_and_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 17:34   #10961
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 207
Thanked: 125 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Altis does fall under 5 lakhs.

As mentioned by other members, sx4 vvt, linea tjet are other good options.

If you're the only one driving for most of the time, corolla may be overkill. The other two offer more value as not having the best resale in the market.
Yes, I'm going to be the only driver. Except for safety features, I'm not much of a cosmetic gizmo savvy buyer as such. I would do well even with a car without a music system. However a dashboard camera, rear wiper (if not present) and under body protection are going to be mandatory additions to the car I buy.

The cars I have considered and tested till today are Corolla, Civic, new Fiesta, Classic, Rapid. I found the Classic and Corolla as complete in almost all respects. Someone also suggested to check the Sunny / Scala twins. How good is Sunny?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 19:51   #10962
BHPian
 
drsingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 614
Thanked: 403 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post

Yes, I'm going to be the only driver. Except for safety features, I'm not much of a cosmetic gizmo savvy buyer as such. I would do well even with a car without a music system. However a dashboard camera, rear wiper (if not present) and under body protection are going to be mandatory additions to the car I buy.

The cars I have considered and tested till today are Corolla, Civic, new Fiesta, Classic, Rapid. I found the Classic and Corolla as complete in almost all respects. Someone also suggested to check the Sunny / Scala twins. How good is Sunny?
Fiat spares from 99rpm. Sx4 from maruti suzuki. Toyota corolla spares too by and large available outside.
Big consideration in used car ownership.

Have you considered the new Ford Figo aspire diesel?
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 20:56   #10963
BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 965
Thanked: 690 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Fiat spares from 99rpm.
A word of caution.
Lately have come across a lot of -ve reviews on buying experience from 99rpm.

Apparently they too suffer from "not in stock" in spite of the product listed a available for purchase. This was realised only after the payment was made. Customer support is reported to be quite pathetic.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 04:10   #10964
BHPian
 
nik0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 240
Thanked: 89 Times
Default

Hi Guys,

I am looking at a 40 k run Civic with service history. The asking price also seems right however the car is 2nd owner. Considering the fact that I will keep this car for approximately 2 years I believe that I will have a hard time selling this car. What do you guys think. Shall I consider this one or look for other examples?
nik0502 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 07:04   #10965
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jalgaon
Posts: 207
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post

Fiat spares from 99rpm. Sx4 from maruti suzuki. Toyota corolla spares too by and large available outside.
Big consideration in used car ownership.

Have you considered the new Ford Figo aspire diesel?
Yes. Toyota spares are readily available outside. Have confirmed this from the auto parts dealer beforehand.

I am a bit biased against Maruti and Hyundai products, hence did not consider their products.

Online purchase does not ensure timely delivery. Moreover, at times parts are unavailable. There is one more portal selling automobile spares, can't remember its name though.

Any new diesel car will be out of my budget. How about Sunny petrol?
Swapnil4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks