Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 22:54   #11056
BHPian
 
swift_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NCR
Posts: 196
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Help ! I need to close the deal this week
Since he is a known person, you would be knowing the reason he is selling the car for. How much has the car clocked?

55-65% of IDV shall be a good price. Remember that petrol cars don't have good resale and Fiat, as a brand, doesn't hold much value in used market. Already visible expense is tyres i.e. ~20k and you should set aside 40-50k for future expenses of coming 2 years at least.
swift_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 23:00   #11057
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Help ! I need to close the deal this week
You have not mentioned the number of kilometers clocked or what condition the car is in so how can anyone help you?
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 23:14   #11058
BHPian
 
madnish30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 309
Thanked: 93 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Car : VW Vento TDI highline
Model : June 2012
kms done : 58000
condition : interiors are 10/10
Exteriors: minor scuffs all around, cracked left taillight and broken headlight mount. 6 inch long dent on rift rare door. Clutch needs work as per the SA. Engine is due in 2k KMs.


Online valuations say: ₹450-500k as the right price, but at dealers the offers have varied from ₹300-375k


No repaosne from individuals on OLX etc
Don't want to sell to friends or family for the headache of their comments later on.

What is the apt price? Why such a big difference between dealer prices and online valuations?
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 07:27   #11059
BHPian
 
kablu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 70
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Start at 4.4 be prepared to pay 4.5 or 4.6

But make sure a competent mechanic assesses the car first before you commit to a price. He can spot things other than just the worn out tyres you saw
Finalized the deal at 4. 5L mate.
Made a token advance. Mahindra gave a clean chit while verifying the service history. Verified the ownership thru vahan sms service and the rto information matched the original rc book.
After all these, i jus noticed that the bhp figure is mentioned as 73. 5 in the rc book. Whereas I remember quanto's 3-pot engine produces around 100 bhp. Just dug up old t-bhp official review and confirmed the same. Now This makes me worry
Is this a possible typo error from rto part?

Existing quanto owners, could you please chip and confirm whether its the same case everywhere.
kablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 10:46   #11060
BHPian
 
swift_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NCR
Posts: 196
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Car : VW Vento TDI highline
Model : June 2012
kms done : 58000
condition : interiors are 10/10
Exteriors: minor scuffs all around, cracked left taillight and broken headlight mount. 6 inch long dent on rift rare door. Clutch needs work as per the SA. Engine is due in 2k KMs.


Online valuations say: ₹450-500k as the right price, but at dealers the offers have varied from ₹300-375k


No repaosne from individuals on OLX etc
Don't want to sell to friends or family for the headache of their comments later on.

What is the apt price? Why such a big difference between dealer prices and online valuations?
VW doesn't enjoy good resale value in Delhi but you can get a decent price since yours is a diesel.

As an example, a relative in Gurgaon sold Polo Highline Diesel for 3.75 L (2012, 30k kms) recently. You can expect 4.5 L from a private buyer. Dealers have to make money on cars and thus, quote the least possible value. If you have good relations with cab fleet owners, inform them about your decision to sell and they will spread this information very well. I got 1.85 L for my Alto, dealers had quoted 1.1 L and that too, in Aug 2014. Online valuations show too good to be true prices as you can happily post your ad on their website if it is showing a higher value. So, price depends on the buyer and how far he is impressed with the car.

Start from around 4.7 Lac and get low to 4.4 L or so. It would be better if you get the exterior done at some local paintshop, it will cost you 4-6k for complete car and will be a strong enough reason to attract a buyer. Since 60k service is approaching, you can lower 10-12k if the buyer offers cash/some other benefit.
swift_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 11:00   #11061
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,864
Thanked: 3,341 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Finalized the deal at 4. 5L mate.
Made a token advance. Mahindra gave a clean chit while verifying the service history. Verified the ownership thru vahan sms service and the rto information matched the original rc book.
Congratulations kablu on sealing the deal.

Quote:
After all these, i jus noticed that the bhp figure is mentioned as 73. 5 in the rc book. Whereas I remember quanto's 3-pot engine produces around 100 bhp. Just dug up old t-bhp official review and confirmed the same. Now This makes me worry
Is this a possible typo error from rto part?. Existing quanto owners, could you please chip and confirm whether its the same case everywhere.
Don't worry mate. The RC book has probably mentioned the power rating in terms of KW instead of BHP. 100 bhp converts to 73.5KW. Proof of the pudding, sharing below a screen shot from Quanto brochure (look at the highlighted red box)

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-quanto-power.jpg
AutoIndian is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:27   #11062
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 314
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You have not mentioned the number of kilometers clocked or what condition the car is in so how can anyone help you?
The Kms is 37000. Condition is very good. The owner has maintained it very well.
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:32   #11063
BHPian
 
swift_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: NCR
Posts: 196
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
The Kms is 37000. Condition is very good. The owner has maintained it very well.
3.3-3.5 L would be a great price. If the owner is firm with price, you can offer 3.6 L, nothing more than that.
swift_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 13:06   #11064
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
The Kms is 37000. Condition is very good. The owner has maintained it very well.
I would say an offer below 4.5 would be an insult. Unless your friend is perfectly happy selling a year and a half old turbocharged petrol sedan for a sixth of it's value. There are a few T-Jets that go for really cheap but not 2014 registered top-end ones with only 37k kms on the clock.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 13:52   #11065
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 314
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The Car is two years old (Its a 2013 made - 2014 Jan registered) car. But yes, i will have to take a middle ground and make my offer.
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:17   #11066
BHPian
 
skrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 36
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,

I am based out of Mumbai. I wanted to buy a Nissan Patrol Y60 or Y61. Any idea where I can buy one. Also need some advice on what is the approximate price. Ans the most important question is it intelligent to own one in Mumbai.

Regards
Skrules
skrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:28   #11067
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,009
Thanked: 2,187 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
The Car is two years old (Its a 2013 made - 2014 Jan registered) car. But yes, i will have to take a middle ground and make my offer.
Sorry forgot. Yes the car is two years old but the car itself is worth quite a lot considering what it is and the fact that it was maintained well. Infact even 4.5 lakhs would be on the lower side but since it is a Fiat which isn't extremely desirable in most scenarios, I said 4.5. Also, if that was my car, I would personally be insulted if someone asked me to sell it to them at 3.7 I think it is best not to spend time haggling and quote a realistic figure that pleases both parties. The chap is your friend afterall and it is also sad to see people deride the value of such cars with low quotes like 3.7. Simply my opinion, yours may differ.
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:30   #11068
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,125
Thanked: 937 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Hi,

I am based out of Mumbai. I wanted to buy a Nissan Patrol Y60 or Y61. Any idea where I can buy one. Also need some advice on what is the approximate price. Ans the most important question is it intelligent to own one in Mumbai.

Regards
Skrules
That's essentially the ex army Jonga. You might try the army cantonment areas such as in Pune and look for periodic auctions of old equipment.

They're more offroad vehicles than anything for city driving - and literally agricultural engines (civilian versions were fitted with an ashok leyland hino)

This thread and others on the 4x4 forum might get you more. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ter-truck.html
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 17:03   #11069
BHPian
 
wanderlustindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 584
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What kind of price should I expect for a well-kept VW Polo GT TSI?
Month and year of purchase: June 2014
Kms driven: approximately 25000
No. of owners: 1
Price at the time of purchase: 9.01 lacs OTR

Carwale gives a very optimistic 7.2 lacs or thereabouts, pretty sure that's inflated! The IBB returned 5.5 - 6 lacs. I'd like to hear from the experts here. Please note that I don't want to sell to a used-car dealer, I'd prefer selling to an individual.
wanderlustindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 17:21   #11070
BHPian
 
shreyak_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 168
Thanked: 88 Times
Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
What kind of price should I expect for a well-kept VW Polo GT TSI?
.
Well, you should try to sell it for at least a 6.5 on the lower side. Yours is hardly 2 years old and that should be the appropriate price for your car if it's really well kept.
shreyak_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6088 5th December 2016 13:22
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks