Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th November 2016, 12:39   #11716
BHPian

Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
How is parts availability for it? I hardly ever see one on the roads so I am not sure if dealerships or Tata parts dealers retain stocks or will have to order for it if something is required.

I'm looking to buy one myself but am in two minds about tried and tested (Innova) or this - which is a bit more expensive but has features that are at least two car classes ahead.
There is a service provider "KK Travels" in Pune.
The only service that it provides is pick up people from their respective locations in Pune and drop them at Mumbai Airport. It is quite popular and is used extensively by people.

Its entire fleet is Aria and they would all have done lakhs in kms. So it is reliable, no doubt. It has their tried and tested engine and it is also far more comfortable than the trusted Innova. What it lacks is confidence, and also the initial batches had quite some niggles.

My advice: Wait for a year or so before putting money on new cars from Indian manufacturers.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 30th November 2016 at 12:55.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 13:12   #11717
Senior - BHPian

Default re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The rear seat folds full as well as 60:40 but I am sure you must have checked that out when you saw the car.

No airbags. Does have ABS/EBD but that itself is streets ahead of quite a few other cars.

85K is pushing it for this car. I would look for something used say under 70k kilometers so you get a few years good use out of it. At the upcoming 90k service, you're looking at significant costs coming up for a full lube replacement (clutch, transmission, brake etc oils, besides regular engine oil change) to say nothing of anything else that needs changing.

And it has done this much in just five years you say?

Get the car appraised by a competent mechanic and bargain down based on tyres, battery etc etc.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 10:28   #11718

Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello everyone!

What shall we expect for our 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero SFX red colored with just 30000kms(genuine) kms on the odo? The car is in pristine condition, you actually have to see it to believe it, never have I myself come across a more maintained used car than this. My father loves his Pajero more than he loves me :P

The car is hardly used (its our 3rd car, and mostly used only when going out of delhi). Also, it was registered in Bihar and not in Delhi. Please suggest. Thanks!

PS- Suppose we agree to accept the payment in older 500/1000 denomination notes, will it have any impact on the sale price?
namanchaudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 11:29   #11719
Senior - BHPian

You had better sell it in Bihar. Getting a NOC from the Bihar RTO and then paying fresh life tax in Delhi will be a significant damper on the price.

As for the 500 note question - are you sure we don't have a single BHPian here who doesn't work for the income tax department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hello everyone!

What shall we expect for our 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero SFX red colored with just 30000kms(genuine) kms on the odo? The car is in pristine condition, you actually have to see it to believe it, never have I myself come across a more maintained used car than this. My father loves his Pajero more than he loves me :P

The car is hardly used (its our 3rd car, and mostly used only when going out of delhi). Also, it was registered in Bihar and not in Delhi. Please suggest. Thanks!

PS- Suppose we agree to accept the payment in older 500/1000 denomination notes, will it have any impact on the sale price?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 11:36   #11720

Quote:
You had better sell it in Bihar. Getting a NOC from the Bihar RTO and then paying fresh life tax in Delhi will be a significant damper on the price.

As for the 500 note question - are you sure we don't have a single BHPian here who doesn't work for the income tax department?
Hey, it was just a question

The car is with us in Delhi at the moment, could you please advise us about the course of action? We are using it for 5 years in Delhi now, and never faced any issues with the traffic police officials. What if the buyer and seller get the transfer done in Bihar itself?

Please forgive me my questions sound too dumb, I don't have much knowledge about the legalities involved. Thank you!
Old 5th December 2016, 11:46   #11721
Senior - BHPian

If the buyer and seller get the transfer done in bihar at the same RTO - the car remains registered in bihar, with no life tax needed to be repaid, no NOC required etc etc. This in theory means you need to sell it to a resident of your hometown in Bihar.

If the cops don't hassle you for a Bihari number over five years, it isn't likely they will hassle the new owner of the car either.
Old 5th December 2016, 11:52   #11722

Quote:
If the buyer and seller get the transfer done in bihar at the same RTO - the car remains registered in bihar, with no life tax needed to be repaid, no NOC required etc etc. This in theory means you need to sell it to a resident of your hometown in Bihar.

If the cops don't hassle you for a Bihari number over five years, it isn't likely they will hassle the new owner of the car either.
Yes exactly my point! I haven't heard of incidences where the cops harass the out of state cars in Delhi as it is the case with Hyderabad and Bangalore.

I'll try posting an ad soon, any idea about the price? T-BHP price indicator suggests a price of around 11-5 lakhs for a 'good' condition car
Old 5th December 2016, 16:02   #11723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
I'll try posting an ad soon, any idea about the price? T-BHP price indicator suggests a price of around 11-5 lakhs for a 'good' condition car
That's as good a price point as any.

Cross check with the other portals such as OLX and Carwale, and post something that averages out those estimates + a margin for negotiation.