Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 11:46   #11746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Thane
Posts: 87
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I will never ever recommend or buy a Renault product.
Can you please let us know the reason for the same.
dsnaveen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 11:56   #11747
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 1,795 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Can you please let us know the reason for the same.
Some people just don't seem to like the Duster.

There's this guy who handed his over to the municipality in his town, to make into a Renault Dustbin ..

http://www.motoroids.com/news/disgru...bage-disposal/
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 12:15   #11748
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 907
Thanked: 598 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Can you please let us know the reason for the same.
They have discounted sales strategy through out the year which means no price protection on their cars, hardly evokes a response in the Used Car market. The primary reasons are substandard quality of parts (stock & spares), lack of accountability during booking and buying process, lack of ownership of issues and delegating tasks to dealers, no focus on after sales support and incompetent dealership. I really appreciate the person who called it a Dustbin, I called it as Renault Dust while escalating things to the Renault CEO in India. Any OEM in the world which has self-respect would have handled the issues in a better way.

Last edited by deehunk : 20th December 2016 at 12:26. Reason: typo
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 12:25   #11749
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 646
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Cars24 is offering me 139k to 164k subject to inspection

So I've these quotes:
Dealership - 200k
BHP Classifieds - 230k+
Cars24 - 139k+

For my Swift, Cars24 online quote was only 2.74 lakhs. The final selling price, discovered through their auction process, was 3.01 lakhs.

Would still suggest that you pay a visit to Cars24 with your vehicle documents and then see if their price matches your expectations.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 18:48   #11750
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 349 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My friend is looking to buy a used BMW X1 in Hyd. He has been looking for a decent car within his circle of friends, but doesn't want to go to a used car dealer.

He has found a 2011 model in Mumbai. Its a BMW certified used car, so comes with a 12-month BMW warranty.

The question is - if he plans to get that to Hyd, how much of road tax would he have to pay? I understand that he would have to pay that as a percentage of the depreciated cost of the car, but how is that calculated? Any pointers please.
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 18:52   #11751
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 1,795 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
He has found a 2011 model in Mumbai. Its a BMW certified used car, so comes with a 12-month BMW warranty.

The question is - if he plans to get that to Hyd, how much of road tax would he have to pay? I understand that he would have to pay that as a percentage of the depreciated cost of the car, but how is that calculated? Any pointers please.
The table is here -

http://www.aptransport.org/html/taxe...-time-tax.html

Invoice value of the car is taken into consideration - meaning accessories etc don't come into the picture.

For a > 10 lakh vehicle - 11.5% if 4 to 5 year old and 11% if 5 to 6 year old.

Depends on when it is registered in 2011 and presuming you register it in 2017 .. if that was a jan registration in 2011 it might save you 0.5% of several lakh rupees so take that into account
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 19:25   #11752
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 940
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
My friend is looking to buy a used BMW X1 in Hyd. He has been looking for a decent car within his circle of friends, but doesn't want to go to a used car dealer.

He has found a 2011 model in Mumbai. Its a BMW certified used car, so comes with a 12-month BMW warranty.

The question is - if he plans to get that to Hyd, how much of road tax would he have to pay? I understand that he would have to pay that as a percentage of the depreciated cost of the car, but how is that calculated? Any pointers please.
How much is the price for this 2011 X1?
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:25   #11753
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,457
Thanked: 3,566 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Just flirting with the idea of selling of one of the cars in the garage and probably exchange it for a AT hatchback. Which one out of the two would you guys suggest to sell and expected prices I can get for both.

1. Nissan Sunny XLD ( diesel), april 2012 model, done 61k kms. Car has always been driven by driver and has fair share of exterior scratches. The interiors however are well maintained. All services have been carried out with Nissan service centres only.

2. Toyota Altis diesel, Sept 2011 model, done 64k kms. Almost all of the 64k kms have been driven by me only and the car was been pampered all along and very well maintained. All services have again been carried out at Toyota after sales and till date the car has done justice to the Toyota brand logo.

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money. Also since its already been exclusively driven/abused by the driver, let it keep on doing that. Lastly dad's office area is pretty congested and a car of smaller proportions is better.

On the other hand the Toyota will lose more money in the coming years. But then it has been maintained very well, is more complete and better car than the Sunny and also more comfortable and feature rich. The downside is that once it is handed over to the driver, the condition of the car will keep going downhill.

Confused. Please advice.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:48   #11754
BHPian
 
asit.kulkarni93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune/ Bahrain
Posts: 553
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Just flirting with the idea of selling of one of the cars in the garage and probably exchange it for a AT hatchback. Which one out of the two would you guys suggest to sell and expected prices I can get for both.

1. Nissan Sunny XLD ( diesel), april 2012 model, done 61k kms. Car has always been driven by driver and has fair share of exterior scratches. The interiors however are well maintained. All services have been carried out with Nissan service centres only.

2. Toyota Altis diesel, Sept 2011 model, done 64k kms. Almost all of the 64k kms have been driven by me only and the car was been pampered all along and very well maintained. All services have again been carried out at Toyota after sales and till date the car has done justice to the Toyota brand logo.

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money. Also since its already been exclusively driven/abused by the driver, let it keep on doing that. Lastly dad's office area is pretty congested and a car of smaller proportions is better.

On the other hand the Toyota will lose more money in the coming years. But then it has been maintained very well, is more complete and better car than the Sunny and also more comfortable and feature rich. The downside is that once it is handed over to the driver, the condition of the car will keep going downhill.

Confused. Please advice.

I would suggest you sell the Nissan Sunny Diesel for the following reasons-

1. Nissan dealerships are a gamble. I know of atleast 2 dealerships which had shutdown within an year of opening. Servicing & spares will be a problem later. Sourcing parts for a sunny in the open market isn't easy either. It took my FNG 2 weeks to source a steering rack and motor assembly for one of their customer's Sunny.

2. Now that you crossed 60k kms, your car will demand a few repairs. In such a case you will be spending quite a lot of money on a heavily depreciated car which happens to be a market disaster.

3. The actual size difference between the Altis and Sunny won't be much. Especially when you are getting chauffeured.


The Altis will hold on to its value and go on and on. In the near future selling a 100k kms Altis will be very easy than selling a 100k kms Sunny. Right now your Sunny is in the target of diesel sedan used car buyers. These are the kind of deals people are specifically looking for. You might find a buyer for the Sunny easily now. I would suggest you sell the Sunny and keep the Altis.


Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:32   #11755
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 1,795 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Agreed - further the Sunny has been driven by drivers so is more abused and will need greater repairs than your Altis will.

Unload it, its probably recovered its money by now in 4 years @ 25%

The other option is - if the driver is going to keep driving that AT hatch, that isn't too much of a good idea. Let him continue abusing the already abused Sunny till it drops in value to really low and then unload it for what it fetches. (of course threaten to sack him or maybe kill him if he rides the clutch, leaves the car parked in first gear, starts the car in 2nd gear and all the other nonsense drivers pull, it might help a bit).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 16:52   #11756
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 43
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Call the number. Looks like one of those deals where they ask you for an upfront 'totally refundable' 10,000 Rs NEFT transfer before you can have a look at the car (And then obviously there is no looking).

And then sent him a fake screenshot of the transfer. Good fun!
Exactly as you said, he asked for a 10pc advance. These ads should be flagged and users blocked.
digitalnirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:30   #11757
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 907
Thanked: 598 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Although any day I would rather keep the Altis and dispose off Sunny, the mind says that Sunny has already gone through its depreciation and would now not lose much money.

Confused. Please advice.
Sunny may fetch you about 3 lakhs now and will further depreciate by 70% in next 2 years. There are less buyers for Nissan and Renault cars in the used car market.
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:38   #11758
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,457
Thanked: 3,566 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Sunny may fetch you about 3 lakhs now and will further depreciate by 70% in next 2 years. There are less buyers for Nissan and Renault cars in the used car market.
It costed me 9.4L OTR in 2012. You mean to suggest that in 2018 with 6 years and 80k kms it will fetch me just Rs. 90k? I think that is a bit too less. My understanding is that it has lost most of its value and will now stabilise. BTW carwale's evaluation indicated a price of approx. 4.5L for it. I guess they are off by a huge margin in that case.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:55   #11759
BHPian
 
iFuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi , Gurgaon & Chandigarh
Posts: 111
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

I tried these evaluations from carwaale, OBV, etc and pretty much all of them gave figures around 4.3-4.7 lakh for my swift zdi 2012 model. When I had it evaluated at dealers like maruti and mahindra I only managed quotes of 3.2-3.5 lakh. No idea if it is demonetization or these online sites have an algorithm to make the seller happy with incorrect information.
iFuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 18:02   #11760
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 907
Thanked: 598 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My understanding is that it has lost most of its value and will now stabilise. BTW carwale's evaluation indicated a price of approx. 4.5L for it. I guess they are off by a huge margin in that case.
The dealer will always maintain that car is in fair condition, then what will be the evaluated price, it drops drastically. The dealer assumes higher waiting period for Sunny, this will further depreciate the price. The ROI is high for used cars, so prospective buyers will be less for Sunny, dealers cannot quote higher price. Their profit of margin will be high if the car is in pristine condition else less. These are some of the key points I have learnt with my experience of selling 5 cars in 7 years. You can get a fair picture by an evaluation at True Value and some other dealer.

Last edited by deehunk : 23rd December 2016 at 18:03.
deehunk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6593 21st October 2017 15:21
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks