Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 13:10   #11986
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Sold my 2015 August Bolt XE - run ~ 11750kms at 3.25 Lakhs around April 2017. Car had 2 dents on both rear doors but otherwise clean.

Had fixed a music system and central locking post purchase.

Could have got another 10k if I had held on but I was running short of time.

Not a bad deal for a car which most people refused to believe existed ! Bolt ? What ??
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 14:00   #11987
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 70
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Sold my 2015 August Bolt XE - run ~ 11750kms at 3.25 Lakhs around April 2017. Car had 2 dents on both rear doors but otherwise clean.

Had fixed a music system and central locking post purchase.

Could have got another 10k if I had held on but I was running short of time.

Not a bad deal for a car which most people refused to believe existed ! Bolt ? What ??
That's a steal from buyers point of view. I recently had an opportunity of sitting in a Bolt( and a Tata after a very long time) and my mind was completely blown. It felt to premium in every way I could think of.

Anyway, may I ask why did you sell such a low run car? Any niggles?
namanchaudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 14:54   #11988
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,675
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
That's a steal from buyers point of view. I recently had an opportunity of sitting in a Bolt( and a Tata after a very long time) and my mind was completely blown. It felt to premium in every way I could think of.

Anyway, may I ask why did you sell such a low run car? Any niggles?
Yes absolute steal for someone who sees the value of space, quality of interiors and that solid build.

I sold because I got an overseas posting and had to move soon. In fact I had already moved and did the deal over phone with someone in India arranging the buyer to see the car. So I was not in a good position to bargain well.

car is totally niggle free.
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 16:00   #11989
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 839 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Has anybody had any experience with the website droom.in? I wasn't getting any 2012 Fortuner listings less than 16 lakhs on olx or other portals but this website has some Fortuners listed at 13-14 lakhs, looks fishy to me.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 10:48   #11990
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Came across 2011 Civic Automatic Single owner V variant asking price was 7lac owner came down to 5.65 over a months time. Is it a good deal in Mumbai or still asking price is high. Please advice
sankdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 11:27   #11991
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 70
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Came across 2011 Civic Automatic Single owner V variant asking price was 7lac owner came down to 5.65 over a months time. Is it a good deal in Mumbai or still asking price is high. Please advice
5 should be a good enough price if the vehicle is in immaculate condition.
namanchaudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 15:30   #11992
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends - What can i expect for a very well maintained Honda Brio S(O) MT Car, Manual transmission ? Its Red colour. Run 17 K km's. Maintained very well. Single owner. March 2013 model?
TrueValue is quoting 3.15 Lakhs, when i was exploring for an exchange. Is that a fair deal?
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 16:11   #11993
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/LHR/CDG/SIN
Posts: 849
Thanked: 977 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Has anybody had any experience with the website droom.in? I wasn't getting any 2012 Fortuner listings less than 16 lakhs on olx or other portals but this website has some Fortuners listed at 13-14 lakhs, looks fishy to me.
I tried selling my car on this site. This site has a weird business model and it goes like this: if someone is interested in your car, they have to deposit 2% of the car's price into their account to get in touch with you, the seller. It never worked. For the whole month that my ad was online on their site, didn't received any interest. Wouldn't recommend buying or selling through them.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 12th May 2017 at 16:13.
swiftdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 16:14   #11994
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 839 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
if someone is interested in your car, they have to deposit 2% of the car's price into their account to get in touch with you, the seller. It never worked.
Something is definitely not right with this website. Prices 10-20% cheaper than any other used car portal and they want 2% for giving you the lead for that mouth-watering deal. Beware guys!!
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 08:51   #11995
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi Guys
I am on the lookout for a used D segment sedan for the past one month.

I came across a 2011 manufactured Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi (MT) with 44K on the odo based in Bangalore. What would be a fair price for it? Until which year was the 1.8 TSi MT sold in India?

Is there any specific issues I have to watch out for?

Last edited by vinodh_eee : 15th May 2017 at 09:05. Reason: added location
vinodh_eee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 09:42   #11996
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 859
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hi Guys

I came across a 2011 manufactured Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi (MT) with 44K on the odo based in Bangalore. What would be a fair price for it?
A price between 5.5 to 6.25 lakhs is fair for this vehicle if it is in good condition. Please check the body line for any patch paint or repairs, clutch, battery, and tire condition.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 11:28   #11997
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 208
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I'm looking to buy a pre-owned Toyota Fortuner ... What would be the right price for a T-Fort 4X2 AT with about 40k-50k on the odo and a 2014 make with a DELHI registration. IBB gives a value 16L but most dealers I've called have quoted north of 20L. So what is the right price for this?
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 20:47   #11998
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
A price between 5.5 to 6.25 lakhs is fair for this vehicle if it is in good condition. Please check the body line for any patch paint or repairs, clutch, battery, and tire condition.

Thank you. He is quoting ~6L now.

Meanwhile, a dealer is quoting 5L for a 2010 Superb 1.8 TSi Elegance (MT) with 55K on the odo. The asking price is too low (OBV > 7L), something seems fishy. Your thoughts? I am planning to get complete service records from Skoda and check if the mileage w.r.t. age makes sense.
vinodh_eee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 21:37   #11999
BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 859
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The service record of a Skoda car for 7 years cannot be reliable, you will miss things somewhere. I would suggest to stay away from it.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 17:53   #12000
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

HI All,

My brother-in-law is looking to sell his Volkeswagen Vento TDI car. Its pondicherry registered and is black in color. 2011 model with 88000KM on the odo. excellent condition.

Can anyone suggest how much can be expected for this car?

Cheers
ant_vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6524 19th August 2017 13:08
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks