Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:30   #12196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 208
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
My uncle has a Rexton AT 2014 model. It's been driven for around 10500 kms. He wants to sell this off. How much should he expect? It's a clean car, no interior exterior damage

What city is this car in Dhruv?
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 01:20   #12197
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
What city is this car in Dhruv?
It is in Delhi. Mileage is 12350 to be precise (i thought it was 10500, my bad).
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 04:14   #12198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 208
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
It is in Delhi. Mileage is 12350 to be precise (i thought it was 10500, my bad).

You can expect to get between 10-12L as I learnt when I sold my Rexton. 3yr old may also be in the same range if you find a buyer.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:35   #12199
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 92
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
You can expect to get between 10-12L as I learnt when I sold my Rexton. 3yr old may also be in the same range if you find a buyer.
How many kms was yours driven when you sold it?
CA Dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 01:00   #12200
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,099
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Dear All,
please suggest the right price for a 1 lakh km, 2011 2.4 Automatic honda accord in fair condition. Stumbled across a model and thinking whether I should got for it. Also if anyone knows a good mechanic in hyderabad, that would be a great help
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 10:45   #12201
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 208
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
How many kms was yours driven when you sold it?
1,700kms :(

that's when I realized what a poor resale value the Rexton has vs the other Mahindra vehicles. There are just some cars that have a nasty reputation in the used car market like the Skoda, Rexton, Linea, etc.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 10:49   #12202
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
1,700kms :(

that's when I realized what a poor resale value the Rexton has vs the other Mahindra vehicles. There are just some cars that have a nasty reputation in the used car market like the Skoda, Rexton, Linea, etc.
Do the Mahindra's have a better resale value ?
auxsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 12:46   #12203
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 03
Posts: 269
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
My friend is trying to sell his 2011 Vento. Below are the details
Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vento
Trim: Trendline Diesel
Color: White
Year: Nov 2011
KMs: 86000
City: Namakkal

The car did have an accident almost 1.5 years back and was brought back to shape in Volkwagen Authorized Service Station. What is the realistic value he can expect? He is currently expecting 4.5L (negotiable) but the propective buyers (3 discussed as on date) are not willing to go beyond 3.5L .

Note: For some strange reason, the accident history is not popping up in Volkswgen records and the only way the buyer will know is if we tell them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
~6 Years Old, Base Model, VW Resale, 86K Kms on the ODO, he should be selling it to the 1st person offering 3.5, else he might not be getting the same offer again.
Quoting my own post:
My friend closed the deal today @ 3.75L
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 11:20   #12204
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 208
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Do the Mahindra's have a better resale value ?

The XUVs & the Boleros don't depreciate much.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 11:26   #12205
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

It's interesting how the Gypsy's and the MM540's all command good prices even well after a decade & multiple owners. The only hassle being i think one can't sell them off as quickly as you probably might be able to with other regular vehicles.
auxsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 11:45   #12206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 142
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
The XUVs & the Boleros don't depreciate much.
AFAIK, the XUV has a very average resale whereas the bolero actually commands a brilliant resale.
XUV' s go through a lot of electrical failures after the huge number of kilometres the used ones usually cover.
I could easily find 2013 model W8's available for around 6.5-7 lakhs
dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 17:48   #12207
BHPian
 
rajesh.sml's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zirakpur
Posts: 68
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
AFAIK, the XUV has a very average resale whereas the bolero actually commands a brilliant resale.
XUV' s go through a lot of electrical failures after the huge number of kilometres the used ones usually cover.
I could easily find 2013 model W8's available for around 6.5-7 lakhs

I do not agree, my friend sold a 3 year old XUV for 9.5 Lakhs. It was driven for 40,000 KM's.

I am sure the one who have described are driven over 1L KM's. That is why the price drop.
rajesh.sml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 10:55   #12208
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: noida
Posts: 142
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
I do not agree, my friend sold a 3 year old XUV for 9.5 Lakhs. It was driven for 40,000 KM's.

I am sure the one who have described are driven over 1L KM's. That is why the price drop.
Which place was this deal at?
I'm based out of NCR and car resale is generally on the lower side here.
Have attached two pics from olx
The silver one is a 2012 and from a dealer so he's easily over quoting by a lakh and the second one is a 2014 with 40000 Kms and the asking price is a lakh lesser than what you said as selling price, can be brought down to about 7.5 easily
Justifies my point
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-1501046605341.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)-1501046617628.jpg  

dhruvritzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 14:36   #12209
BHPian
 
sunejarahul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 138
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

We bought a BMW X1 last month. I am from New Delhi. The car has been driven for 300 Kms and has been parked neatly in our parking lot for resale. Coming from a 2010 Fortuner, this probably wasn't the right choice for an upgrade. Missing the SUV factor, the plan is to buy either the new Fortuner or the Endeavour. What resale price should we expect for the X1? It costed us ₹33 Lakhs on road pre-GST.
sunejarahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 15:04   #12210
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,804
Thanked: 1,778 Times
Default Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
We bought a BMW X1 last month. I am from New Delhi. The car has been driven for 300 Kms and has been parked neatly in our parking lot for resale. Coming from a 2010 Fortuner, this probably wasn't the right choice for an upgrade. Missing the SUV factor, the plan is to buy either the new Fortuner or the Endeavour. What resale price should we expect for the X1? It costed us ₹33 Lakhs on road pre-GST.
A massive loss just to start with. Second owner regardless of how much you have used it. Expect at least a 3..4 lakh loss.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6574 16th October 2017 10:12
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks