Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 19:22   #1471
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Doc , 2.7 is a bit on the hgiher end , any where around 2.4 should be the right price for XO , bangalore price is running around 2.6
Thanks to the mods for quick approval and to Rovergen for prompt reply. Ok, will try to bargain hard.Will update if the deal gets finalised.
dr.syedfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 12:21   #1472
Senior - BHPian
 
longhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,136
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

A single owner June 2005 Swift Zxi with 30k on the odo is being offered to me for 3.40 L in Kerala. Is it worth the price? The vehicle is in good shape. No dents or sratches whatsoever.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:33   #1473
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

IMO the cost of this car should be around 2.7L-2.8L. If it is in mint condition then another 10k.But be careful when buying it. if you have a good mechanic then he is the best judge. If you know the car owner in person then ok. AFAIK lots of cars are taken on yellow board and are meant for Taxi. Just verify the same.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:04   #1474
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 235
Thanked: 36 Times
Question Urgent

Hi,

Today prerana motors offered me 3.40Lakhs with exchange for either linea/punto, is it good price to accept?

Details :-
Model :- Swift Vxi
Date of manufacture :- Dec 2006
Date of registration :- Jan 2007
Kms run :- 36000
Ownership :- Single
Sale type:- First
Place :-Bangalore
Color :- Bright red

Thanking you in advance
subbarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:33   #1475
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 481
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

^^^
The price seems to be pretty good.You should go ahead IMHO.
But make sure that you test drive both the cars before closing the deal.Neither of them would be as peppy as the swift.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 08:07   #1476
Newbie
 
UniRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default A Decent Hatchback..

Greetings All,

I'm from Bangalore and am looking to buy a used hatchback (although I'm not in any hurry at all), and my budget is strictly under (or up to) 2 lacs. From what I know, my options can be stretched only until Santro Zip Drive (2002). Anything above that would be a bonus I feel. The other options from what I've found are Zen, M800, Palio, and Wagon-R (if I'm lucky). When it comes to hatchbacks, I've always found Santro THE BEST to drive. My query is if I can really go for a Xing with my budget, or should I be sticking my search to the Zip Drive version and would I be lucky enough to fit a Wagon R within my budget? Would eagerly look forward to your replies.

Cheers!
UniRider
UniRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 18:52   #1477
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Greetings All,

I'm from Bangalore and am looking to buy a used hatchback (although I'm not in any hurry at all), and my budget is strictly under (or up to) 2 lacs. From what I know, my options can be stretched only until Santro Zip Drive (2002). Anything above that would be a bonus I feel. The other options from what I've found are Zen, M800, Palio, and Wagon-R (if I'm lucky). When it comes to hatchbacks, I've always found Santro THE BEST to drive. My query is if I can really go for a Xing with my budget, or should I be sticking my search to the Zip Drive version and would I be lucky enough to fit a Wagon R within my budget? Would eagerly look forward to your replies.

Cheers!
UniRider
Indica Xeta , Lsi also can be added to your list. All the best
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 22:37   #1478
Newbie
 
UniRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Indica Xeta , Lsi also can be added to your list. All the best
Thanks vinu_pm. FYI, my usage will be very limited as I use my bike for commute around the house. I take a cab to work. At the most, I might use my car twice a week to go around the city. I had second thoughts about Indica after I saw a plethora of Indicas running around as cabs, but after reading through the forum about the Indica, I have renewed respect for the car

Can you please tell me which model of Indica I can particularly consider?

Thanks in advance
UniRider
UniRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 12:26   #1479
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Thanks vinu_pm. FYI, my usage will be very limited as I use my bike for commute around the house. I take a cab to work. At the most, I might use my car twice a week to go around the city. I had second thoughts about Indica after I saw a plethora of Indicas running around as cabs, but after reading through the forum about the Indica, I have renewed respect for the car

Can you please tell me which model of Indica I can particularly consider?

Thanks in advance
UniRider
IMO santro is best and will keep you happy. 2002 santro and max 2004 santro's you will get at a range of 2.2L. Just keep an eye on classifieds and advt. When buying through a dealer be very careful. take a good mechanic with you when buying from them.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 13:28   #1480
BHPian
 
abhi.m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cuttack/Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 2 Times
Default 2004 Honda City Exi

Hey..
I'm looking to sell my 2004 Honda City Exi(Graphite Pearl) which is in Orissa.
It has run <33000 Km and is in mint condition with almost all service history availabe.
It had the usual small dents and scratches which were sorted with a touch up.
Also, I'm told cars fetch better value in smaller cities than they would in a place like bombay. The dealer's ready to give me 3.8L for it.

What do you guys think should be the selling price for it?
I was thinking about 4 Lacs.

Edit: On request, corrected the year to 2004.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th March 2010 at 14:17.
abhi.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 13:59   #1481
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Hey..
I'm looking to sell my 2005 Honda City Exi(Graphite Pearl) which is in Orissa.
It has run <33000 Km and is in mint condition with almost all service history availabe.
It had the usual small dents and scratches which were sorted with a touch up.
Also, I'm told cars fetch better value in smaller cities than they would in a place like bombay. The dealer's ready to give me 3.8L for it.

What do you guys think should be the selling price for it?
I was thinking about 4 Lacs.
You are bang on target dude. If you are not in urgency then you can wait or check with some other dealers also. It need not be that in smaller cities it fetches good value. If the car is in good condition you will get a good value. For ex. In Bangalore you can get almost upto 4.1-4.2L without any problem if the car is in Karnataka registration. So bargain a little bit and get upto 4L for your city
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 16:18   #1482
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Hey..
I'm looking to sell my 2004 Honda City Exi(Graphite Pearl) which is in Orissa.
It has run <33000 Km and is in mint condition with almost all service history availabe.
It had the usual small dents and scratches which were sorted with a touch up.
Also, I'm told cars fetch better value in smaller cities than they would in a place like bombay. The dealer's ready to give me 3.8L for it.

What do you guys think should be the selling price for it?
I was thinking about 4 Lacs.

Edit: On request, corrected the year to 2004.
That's a good price that you are getting and should go for it. An individual will always be able to pay more than a delaer though. IMO a similar City should sell for around 3.5 here in NCR area.

Shishir - Prices may be higher in Bangalore because of the >10% road tax there. The tax easily adds up close to a lakh to City's on road price in Bangalore.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 17:19   #1483
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 139
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Since your usage is less , I can suggest Pertrol Version of Indica( Xeta V2).Two of my friends who use the car is very satisfied .Even i feel it has lot of Room compared to other small hatchbacks.The OTR price when i checked in 2009 was Rs 3 Lack in kerala after all discounts.I was seriously about to buy this but luckily saw a good OHC and went for that . So you may get 2005 or later model for your budget



Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Thanks vinu_pm. FYI, my usage will be very limited as I use my bike for commute around the house. I take a cab to work. At the most, I might use my car twice a week to go around the city. I had second thoughts about Indica after I saw a plethora of Indicas running around as cabs, but after reading through the forum about the Indica, I have renewed respect for the car

Can you please tell me which model of Indica I can particularly consider?

Thanks in advance
UniRider
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 18:27   #1484
BHPian
 
abhi.m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cuttack/Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@shishir_bn & Cesc

Thanks guys..
I'm in no hurry to sell so I'll wait for an individual buyer to turn up.
Will ask for little more than 4 and see how it goes.
abhi.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 20:08   #1485
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 570
Thanked: 193 Times
Default

My father-in-law's Skoda octavia Rider is up for sale
Date of registration : Feb 2006
Mileage - 42000kms
Single ownership
Place-Kannur, Kerala
No issues apart from few scratches
Service history available

What should he expect?.I was expecting 7lakhs.
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals black12rr The Indian Car Scene 6072 29th November 2016 17:34
Online Seat Color selection tool by "Katzkin" alexpaul Modifications & Accessories 0 7th April 2011 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks