Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2012, 20:36   #4756
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

There is a cruze dec 2010 model AT , done 22,000 Kms . He is asking Rs 12.5 K . What do you guys say?
Old 4th June 2012, 00:08   #4757
BHPian

I am looking for a used AT model Petrol under 4-5 Lakhs. I saw lot of Honda city 1.5 AT 2005-2007 models available for 4-4.5 Lakhs. Why is it so cheap, will there be any huge cost of repairs ?
Old 4th June 2012, 00:54   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
There is a cruze dec 2010 model AT , done 22,000 Kms . He is asking Rs 12.5 K . What do you guys say?
looks almost ok but still can't exactly say that if the price is fair for your city or no but there are many similar cruzes for similar amount which i also had checked out some time back. so I think just check a few more such deals and compare the milage and all to get the clear picture. check classifieds here also and carwale.com etc. for your reference.

example: http://classifieds.sulekha.com/mumba...&makemodel=170

just select the best car you can find and then bargain hard to get the best deal! simple!

Last edited by magikrider : 4th June 2012 at 01:04.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 01:24   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Folks,

With skyrocketting petrol prices, at back of my mind, am thinking of shifting to a diesel car.

I own a May 2011 model i20 Asta petrol and the ODO reads just 8000 kms in last 1 year. The car is in excellent condition with zero trouble. I have extended year warranty too.

I enquired Hyundai sales and they quoted just 4 lacs for exchange :( saying the first two years depreciation will be high. The On Road price was about 7 lac last year and within a year, will the car value drop so much, just because its petrol car and there is good demand for diesel cars?

Am confused with these options.

1) Wait for a year or two and then buy a newer model - but not sure how much the petrol cost is going to go up.
2) Look for better price outside Hyundai dealership. If so how much the price can be at the best?

What will be the better bet? Please opine.

-Ravi
if you switch over to a diesel car you will be making a big mistake as you will have to take a big depreciation hit and thus killing the sole purpose of saving money! and again even if you manage to get a little better price and do sell the car, you will be buying a similar car but a diesel one so that again will cost similar to the original purchase at least or most probably more expensive as being a diesel and thus making your new purchase outstandingly expensive compared to its actual value!

ex: your current car bought for 7 and sold for say 4 thus taking a hit of 3 in one year!

then again you buy a new diesel car of again say 7. but its almost as good as you bought it for 10! because you also took a hit of 3 on your sale.

so eventually you end up spending 10 lacs in a years time on a 7 lac car! and I highly doubt that you will recover that much money in the price difference of petrol-diesel in 5 years time.

so makes no sense in changing your almost new car for a diesel car. you will end up wasting money rather than saving any.

Last edited by magikrider : 4th June 2012 at 01:29.
Old 4th June 2012, 05:48   #4760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I am looking for a used AT model Petrol under 4-5 Lakhs. I saw lot of Honda city 1.5 AT 2005-2007 models available for 4-4.5 Lakhs. Why is it so cheap, will there be any huge cost of repairs ?
Problems with the Honda brand generally aren't very common, so that might not be the reason why those cars are cheap. However, test the car in question completely to look for any problems, just to be certain. The automatic transmissions in the pre i-Vtec Honda City is of the CVT (continuously Variable Transmission - like the one on Honda Activa/ TVS Scooty) This type of transmissions are less efficient and also, they don't strike a chord with the enthusiasts. A second but more important reason for the 'Why are they cheap?' question - Rising Petrol prices and Automatic transmissions are not a good combination at all!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 4th June 2012 at 05:52.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 08:34   #4761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4-5 lakhs for a 2005-2007 models is not cheap, it's just the correct price. You will get the current i-VTEC - late 2008-early 2009 variant for around 6-7 lakhs while the 2005-2007 model is outdated.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 10:41   #4762
BHPian

Due to rise in petrol prices i was looking at pre-worshipped diesel hatchback, I came across Hyundai Getz CRDI, Mid-09 around 25k run. How much it should cost? However checked with quite a few dealers for fair price but most of them not even aware that the Getz was even launched with Diesel engine.
So please tell me what should be the fair price for 2009Getz diesel.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:02   #4763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

The dealer may have been trying to reel in people by saying new dish and new dash, but they arent the smartest of people, are they?
he's put in too much "new".
The parts themselves could come out to be 2.65L...
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Also check for any insurance claims.
The car is at a BMW dealership, it seems the guy has upgraded (what an upgrade! ).
Yes, will surely see the car first, look at the papers, service history, insurance claims yada yada... Perhaps we get lucky.

Cheers
Old 4th June 2012, 19:27   #4764

Folks,
I am trying to sell my 2007 Indica DLG Turbo. Completed 5 years to the day.

Mileage - 72000
Tires - @ 50K 185/60R14 Apollo - Same as the top end i20. Spare tire unused
Art leather seat covers
Pioneer deck/ Boston 6 speaker set

Preventive maintenance
All major Electrical components overhauled at 60K. New battery. New brake pads.
Full service costing 11K completed on 4 June 2012

Any suggestions on what I should ask for this car?

Old 4th June 2012, 19:46   #4765
BHPian

A friend of mine is looking to buy his first car with a budget around Rs. 1,50,000. What options does he have? He's also in Kottayam and looking for a reliable car for weekend driving. What should he be careful while checking the cars in the range given that most would be having a higher than normal mileage?
Old 4th June 2012, 20:20   #4766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
...I came across Hyundai Getz CRDI, Mid-09 around 25k run. How much it should cost? However checked with quite a few dealers for fair price but most of them not even aware that the Getz was even launched with Diesel engine.
The Getz came plonked with the Verna's famous 1.5L 110 bhp diesel nuclear reactor of an engine! If the car is well maintained, has decent tyres, good music system and if you like the colour, you can pay upto 3.8 - 4.2 Lacs. It was around 6.2 L when it was on sale IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
A friend of mine is looking to buy his first car with a budget around Rs. 1,50,000. What options does he have? ... a reliable car for weekend driving. What should he be careful while checking the cars in the range ?
Being a weekend car, Petrol would do, and a sedan at this price point will bring the ielo, Corsa and other old junkies, hence I would suggest that he goes in for a hatch for his budget.
At 1.5L, one can find decent examples of 800 and Alto, and some non Xing Santros. Santro Xings with high mileage can be found, Matiz/ Spark, Zens/Wagon R's can be found easily too. I would stick with the Santro or the Alto as these two are very good city runabouts, and are reliable and efficient too. Rattles are less likely to be present in the Santro though.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 20:41   #4767
BHPian

My boss is quoting 17 lacs for his 3 year old E - class (old model) done 32,000 kms Delhi registered. Is that a good price to buy?
Old 4th June 2012, 20:47   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind spending between 5 and 5.5 lakhs you could get a 2009 Honda City automatic ( All New Honda City). Petrol cars are being sold pretty cheap as the demand for these has gone down drastically and the sellers are just not able to sell their cars. I had come across a few automatic city's a few months back at 5.5 so now you should definitely get them at a lower price.
Old 5th June 2012, 01:08   #4769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Getz came plonked with the Verna's famous 1.5L 110 bhp diesel nuclear reactor of an engine! If the car is well maintained, has decent tyres, good music system and if you like the colour, you can pay upto 3.8 - 4.2 Lacs. It was around 6.2 L when it was on sale IIRC.

Hey thanks Arvind!!
as of now no dealer has come across with the diesel Getz in the used market & this seems to be the only available one as i have searched thoroughly in mumbai.
Between if any bhpian have came across with the Service & spares issues for their Diesel Getz in the recent past i.e after its been discontinued, then please do let me know as it would help me to make a decision on the diesel Getz.
Old 5th June 2012, 02:40   #4770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
My boss is quoting 17 lacs for his 3 year old E - class (old model) done 32,000 kms Delhi registered. Is that a good price to buy?
if you mean its a 2009 diesel model then i think its a good deal. as I came across an add of 2008 fully loaded C220 CDI for 18.5 lacs and it was driven for 31,000 kms. which I think was a bit more. it would be not bad at around 15. but if you are getting a 3 years old diesel model then i think its not bad. but still do try to knock off a lac or lac and a half if you can as its a previous gen model. nevertheless i think its not a bad deal as you are getting at almost 40% of its original value.

But still the best way to be sure would be to check out other similar deals in the market and online and compare them and you will get a better idea. do make an informed decision. particularly for a used mercedes. also check service history.

Last edited by magikrider : 5th June 2012 at 02:51.

Most Viewed