Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th December 2005, 15:06   #31
BHPian

The question is who conducted this service camp. Is it by Honda / Honda dealer. If the service camp is conducted by Honda, then it is definitely the Honda fault for selecting that service station. Otherwise it is Honda dealer's fault.
narasimha raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 15:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

The most "shocking" part of this thread is the Title - its quite misleading !

maybe the lift capacity was only about the weight of M800's not bigger cars !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 16:14   #33
BHPian

Default Why blame HONDA ?

Guys, lets think it over for a moment... The service camp is obviously organised by the Honda Dealer. (I know that because my local Honda Dealer conducts periodic service camps in Salem - 150 KMs from Coimbatore). It's mostly the responsibility of the dealer and does not have anything to do with the company. I know you'd say Honda should be responsible but IMHO, Honda SIEL is one of the best when it comes to client handling. I had shot a mail to Honda SIEL through their website for some pretty minor issue (dashboard rattling... to be precise) and they promptly followed it up with the dealer the very next day. I even got a call from them after the Car was done up.

Also, I am surprised that many people here think the Honda dealer did this and would sell this car to a un-suspecting owner. No, I don't think so.... the car obviously belongs to someone already who had driven it (thrashed it... rather, looking at his car's floor and the tyres) for quiet sometime. If anyone had taken this issue up with Honda through their website/feedback am sure they will follow it up promptly.

Having said that, am just waiting for all the anti-Honda guys to come rip me apart

Regards

quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 16:25   #34

Default info required

Hey evrybody,
wanted info on the latest Indian motorcross info on web
tHoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 16:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

honda guys have this clinic facilities for far out towns and usually they tie up and use local service stations to get the job done wrt space and lifts

in my hometown trivandrum before they opened a dealer workshop, the mechs would come down from cochin in their mahindra and use the water wash center where i used to take my car for regualr service for the honda customers

for that matter toyota also used to do the same...

oops didn see next page.. anyways the car looks like it ran on some good ol mud roads during rain, nothing a wash cant take care off

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2005 at 16:28.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 18:58   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
the mechs would come down from cochin in their mahindra and use the water wash center where i used to take my car for regualr service for the honda customers
Hmmm... interesting. Honda mechs used to come in a Mahindra, is it?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 19:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

yikes. . . .just imagine this, u just take you car and its not even the fist service, its before the first service and this happens. . . .
bad luck . . . whoever it is.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 19:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Hmmm... interesting. Honda mechs used to come in a Mahindra, is it?
Honda could not (or probably not willing) afford a CRV for their mechs

Last edited by Surprise : 27th December 2005 at 19:21.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2005, 19:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
...Having said that, am just waiting for all the anti-Honda guys to come rip me apart...
Comrade,
First, there's nothing anti-Honda-ish about giving a counter opinion on an issue. Second, it's always a dealer who undertakes service. Car companies authorise and recommend dealers based on approved facilities and training imparted to assure customers of minimum service standards. Else, how would you justify a statement like "Warranty is void if serviced by unauthorised personnel"?

Such service camps are clearly cases of dealer sub-contracting in their own self-interests. However, Honda also does not want to dissociate themselves from these camps (saw the 'Honda' logo on the mechanic's jacket?) for business reasons. I would strongly say (whether done by Honda or by any other company) that this is very much anti-consumer.
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 12:07   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whatever said and done, Hondas service SUCKS! From my experience in Bombay, their service stations are just too over burdened.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 12:39   #41
BHPian

Even if its the dealer who does the service, isnt it also the responsibilty of Honda to make sure the dealer is doing the work in proper places with decent equipment ? So the company also has to take responsibilty here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHoR
Hey evrybody,
wanted info on the latest Indian motorcross info on web
err, I have one word for you : Google
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 14:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Angry what is the matter with you people

So Honda should call their customers to drive to nearest town even for small things ?
Then these same people will be blaming Honda for letting them travel so much

why blame Honda, when even BMW people come from their routine servicing to far away places rather than taking it to service centre.

Also how can you say that such thing wouldn't have happened at honda service station too ? (or any autmobile service station)
besides Shan2nu has said that the owner of garage has taken responsibility

anyone driving their car till first servicing without registration deserved it IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Whatever said and done, Hondas service SUCKS! From my experience in Bombay, their service stations are just too over burdened.

GTO
In Pune my experience is quite opposite
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 18:34   #43
BHPian

If the same incident had happened in the U.S. (however remote the town may have been), Honda would've been sued by the owner of the vehicle for a full new replacement (at least)...
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 18:39   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
If the same incident had happened in the U.S. (however remote the town may have been), Honda would've been sued by the owner of the vehicle for a full new replacement (at least)...
I have only one thing to say... I can not agree more to that. Woh din kabhiiii to aayega...
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2005, 19:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In what I've seen and heard in Mumbai, Linkway Honda is good. Ichiban is BAD!
In fact, the service station is very nicely kept. And they have very good jack/lift systems.

Last edited by Gordon : 28th December 2005 at 19:14.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote